Here’s to the Next Sixty

I should be so lucky, right? I’ve decided since my emotional age is so much younger than my physical/mental age, I’ve lived only half of my life. I’m ready for the next half now.

Maybe.

The first step in my journey is this redesigned–mostly–website. I want more control over my life and my career so I’ve taken over the complete care and feeding of my site. Any mistakes will be mine. Any headaches will be mine. Has anyone seen the aspirin? Or the pitcher of margaritas?

When I first started the Penumbra blog, I was taking my first baby steps into the on-line world. I had no clue about branding, about publishing, marketing, SEO stuffs, or networking. I’d written a couple of books but nobody was interested. So I jumped in feet first with no plan. And here I am six years later with a published back list and more books to come. There’s a lot I still don’t know but I’m learning. I’m hoping it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks. Switching servers, mapping domains, and creating a new site has been a challenge. I’m still having bugs but I truly hope the rest of you don’t have any problems accessing the site.

My new home is still fairly bare-bones for now. I have plans. I’m working on things, slowly. The main thing was to make the switch and have everything in mostly working order in time to celebrate today. Look around. Make yourselves at home. PLEASE tell me if anything is broken. I have glue. I’ll fix it. There are no “archives” at the moment. All previous posts are tucked away on a CD. I want a fresh start here so I’m starting “new.” That said, I don’t want to lose what I had so it’s been put back for safe-keeping.

What’s so important about today? Today is the first day of the rest of my life. 🙄 Yes, I know. That old chestnut of a bad Sixties poster is still around. But it’s true. I’ve lived six decades. I don’t want to look back. There’s been some tremendous highs and some devastating lows. I’ve said hello and goodbye more times than I care to remember. I want to look forward from this day on. So that’s what I’m going to do.

I hope my old friends stick around, and new friends decide to take a chance on this old broad. As Dr. Seuss said, “Oh, the places we’ll(sic) go. There is fun to be done!” Are you ready? Now somebody cut the cake and pour the margaritas!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Here’s to the Next Sixty

1. ev says:

Love the new site and it loads so much quicker for me!!

Happy Birthday Silver!! Nice present to yourself!!

2. bookwyrm217 says:

And I was first! YAY!! (It really is the little things in life that make us happy, isn’t it?)

Fabulous!! Great job (I bow down to your tecnological abilities, Silver – this was a huge undertaking – well done 🙂

And Happy Birthday, my friend!! Remember, you’re not getting older, you’re getting better (ah, the Loving Care commercials from back when)!!!

• Janet says:

And, gotta say – I love now that I can get the follow-up comments in my in-box!!!

That was something that bugged me about the old site so I’m really glad you’re happy about it!

Ha! I didn’t believe those commercials back then and I sure don’t believe now. I just hope I’m getting wiser. 😉

4. The site looks great, Silver – just like its owner. ;o)

I never would’ve put you at 60. Then again, I never think about the Hubs being 59, either. Neither of you look or act your age. Happy Birthday! And yeah, here’s to another 60!

Awww. 😳 It’s all about being young at heart, right? I certainly hope so! Glad you like the site. Hopefully, I’ll have updated photos after this weekend. I went all funky with the haircut. *bwahaha*

Looks great, Silver! Loads super fast on iPad and laptop.

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing the gift of your new site with us. It looks great!

7. Karyn Good says:

Why, I’d love a margarita! Happy birthday to you! Here’s to your new look and more great books.