Monday News, Books, Updates and Stuff

Did everyone have a good weekend? Raise your hands if you did. *raises hand*

I didn’t get enough sleep but that’s my own fault. More about that in a moment. The Only had to reschedule our photo shoot. Her main model was called into work so we’ll be doing some additional PR pics next Saturday. Even so, we’d done some previously and all my social media sites have been updated. You can click on the “About Me” page to see a larger photo. It shows off my new hair do. 😉 Only and I were busy over the weekend, too, making new headers. Check out the Moonstruck page for her new header and the Novella page for the one I made. I’ll be updating things around here periodically.

Lawyer Guy and the kids gave me some wonderful birthday presents. I’ll feature them in a photo essay later in the week. (I was too lazy to take pics in time for this post. 😛 )

I’ve read two really good books lately, and about as disparate as books can get. First up, Jennifer Lyon’s THE PROPOSITION (The Plus One Chronicles) is now available in all ebook formats. Jen returns to her roots of sexy romantic suspense with this series and I have a new BBF (Book Boyfriend) in Sloane Michaels. I stayed up way too late last week reading this book but it was worth it!

The other books is an older YA, Melina Marchentta’s JELLICOE ROAD. It’s on digital sale for $1.99. I checked this book out from the library and then bought it. I started it after dinner Saturday night. I finished it just before dawn Sunday morning. It destroyed me. I cried after I closed the cover–for the characters and because the book was over. This book made my heart hurt but I would read it again in a heartbeat. Disclaimer: This book is written in 1st person present POV. I. HATE. THIS. POV. I mean with stabby fingers to my eyes hate this POV. But I could not put this book down. The plot creates a perfect circle of life. The writing is both delicate and gut-wrenching. The book is mystical. And I had to nap Sunday afternoon.

What about y’all? Read a good book? Do something fun? Need to catch up on sleep? Don’t forget the free ebooks at WILD ROSE!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Monday News, Books, Updates and Stuff

I finished reading Calculated in Death over the weekend. Loved it so much, but now must wait 6 months for my next Eve and Roarke fix. Currently reading The Second Chance Cafe by Alison Kent. I’m really loving the romance between two of the main characters.

LOVE the new look, Silver – and I’m talking about the haircut, although, I’m still loving the new web design! You look fabulous, my friend 🙂

Weekend? Too short! And I didn’t sleep well, so now I’m tired – not a good way to start a Monday!

3. Yay for a wonderful birthday and an awesome weekend! The pic looks great, Silver, and so does the site. You rock.

I haven’t read Jen’s new book yet, but it’s on the list. The other one sounds too heart-wrecking for me. I picked up a cute book last Friday and read it over the weekend – The Love Dog. I needed something cute for a change. Then I started a cute e-book I snagged a while back – Super Zero by Rhonda Stapleton. So far, it’s also doing the job of being a cute read.

I’m almost caught back up after the jet lag. And then I found out the time change is next weekend. Ugh. WHY, Universe? WHY?

B.E., JELLICOE ROAD is worth the tears. It’s a beautiful story about coming of age, of love, and of finding one’s place in the world. I truly loved this book and it goes on a Best Of list for me. When you are in the mood, read it.

Time change? Ugh is right! I wish they’d just leave time alone! They aren’t Einstein. 😉

Happy Birthday! (I had one yesterday too…no wonder we like one another, lol)

Love the new pic. I’ll bite: HOW do you get your hair to do that??

Happy Belated Birthday, JB! How did I miss it was your birthday?!? I have you on my calendar now. Us Pisces have to stick together. 😉

My hair…well…that’s an adventure. *gigglesnort* My hair is very fine textured, but there is a lot of it. I also have a couple of cowlicks. 😆 If cut short enough, it sort of sticks up by itself. If you add a little water and gel, it stands up all spritzy-like. Add a hot flat iron to smooth the frizz on the long parts and make sure the lazy parts in the back stick up, and then hit it with hair spray…voila! It sounds complicated but it takes about five minutes/ It’s fun right now, but as fast as it grows, I’ll have to figure secondary styles out soon. 😉

5. bookwyrm217 says:

the new Death is waiting until I finish the Kellermann/Alex Delaware novel I am reading (#28).

This weekend we went to see Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley/Lee Brice. We had pit tickets so I was right by the stage. Not a bad place to be!

I know the pain of fine, cowlicky hair. I have at least 6 of them. My hair dresser does lots and lots of texturizing to get them to behave. They don’t always listen. I think they are teenagers.