Can’t Trust Monday

funny-pictures-i-know-those-feels-monday-catHow can it be Monday again? I mean…seven days? Gone in a blur? And where’s the weekend? What happened to it? It’s like I closed my eyes and *poof*. It disappeared. Ah, well. You just can’t trust Monday to stay away, can you?

It’s April Fool’s Day. Yeah…about that. I was thinking March only had 30 days and that yesterday, which was Easter, was also April Fool’s. My brain, it is toast. What can I say? Yeah, yeah. I see the pitying looks out there! πŸ˜‰

I do have a good April Fool’s Day present though. PROMISES, PROMISES (Class of ’85 Reunion series) is free on Amazon today. No foolin’! Tell your friends. I’m sure all of you have your copy, right? I thought so.

I finished up all but the last book in Elisabeth Naughton’s Eternal Guardian series. I’m working on it now, in between judging for a contest. Speaking of…any of you interested in digital books might want to sign up to judge the International Digital Awards. And if you’ve written a digital only book, you might just want to enter!. The RULES ARE HERE. And JUDGING INFO IS HERE. The deadline to enter is April 15. Judging signup stays open through May.

So who did something fun? I know Liza was having a blast this weekend. B.E. is packing. Janet? Did you get a run in? JB, what’s up with you? And anyone else? Read a good book? See a good movie? Talk to me people!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Can’t Trust Monday

Three days off and they flew by in record speed 😦 And it’s Monday, again! How come work days don’t fly by in a flash? Oh, yeah, probably has something to do with the boredom that comes with those work days.

The weekend was great – with a walk on the beach, a picnic lunch and two great runs. It helped that the sun shone brightly and the temps were in the teens.

So glad spring is finally making it’s way to you, Janet! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. And yeah, work days just…drag their sorry butts like…no. *scrubs brain* Not going there. πŸ˜‰

2. :peeks out from between boxes: Huh? Did someone mention my name?

Don’t mind me. I’m freaking out a little. Two days and so much left to do. And I’m so tired. Remind me again why I sent my kid off of to Michigan. I could use an extra pair of hands to pack, but she’s not here. (Oh yeah, so she could start her independent adultness.) Why did I ever agree to moving on Wednesday?? Next Wednesday sounds better. Yah. :end freakout:

The only thing we really did this weekend other than pack and clean is watch college basketball. I don’t usually do basketball, but Michigan made it to the Sweet 16… and now the Final Four. I’m so glad I missed seeing that kid break his leg, though. :shudder: And all the extra footage… :urp:

I normally don’t watch basketball. Not my game and baseball season opened yesterday! None of the channels here would replay the footage. Surprised the hell out of me. I remember when Joe Theisman went down and we were *treated* to that footage ad nauseam. I’m just as glad the media is finally wising up!

Good luck with the packing. You’ll get it done and think how wonderful it will be when you get home and get unpacked! I’m envious! Your new home looks gorgeous! πŸ˜€

Had a great weekend. It was the first weekend in a long time when we didn’t have anything on the calendar. Spring arrived and we got out for a 5+ miler which was nice. We watched Real Steel….because well, Hugh Jackman is in it….do I need another reason?? AND we watched the premiere of Dr. Who. So yeah, we basically vegged most of the weekend. But I finished up THE HITWOMAN AND THE FAMILY JEWELS so I wasn’t a total slug. πŸ˜‰

Those weekends are rare and meant to be enjoyed, JB! Woohoo on finishing up the content edits on FAMILY JEWELS. Can’t wait for this one to release! And yeah. Hugh Jackman is definitely worthy. Should I mention that my Highlander is named Drover and that his GPS unit speaks in an Aussie accent? Fangirl? Me? Nawwwww…. πŸ™„

4. ev says:

I got the front yard raked, leaves bagged up and all the Xmas decorations finally put away. πŸ˜€ Saturday was The Spawns b’day and we spent the afternoon/evening helping me catch up on Dr. Who. thank god for Netflix! Went to dinner Sunday and then worked on putting shelves up in her room. She says she’s not staying here forever, but I feel like she’ll make sure she has a home base when she does finally find a new job. I have today off. Not doing much of anything. LOL

Home bases are important. I have hopes that Only will someday buy a house and then I can FINALLY shovel all her stuff out of MY office! (Yeah…she’s shuffled off to the guest room when they spend the night now.) πŸ˜†

Glad the weather cleared enough you could get the Christmas lights down. And a happy birthday to Spawn! πŸ˜€

5. Erika says:

I went and saw the new GI Joe movie with the hubby and the son. It was good. Did the whole Easter thing. Makes me sad to think that this might be the last year that my girl is around for Easter. She’s been accepted to several colleges and one of them is on the east coast. I think there’s a very strong possibility she’ll head that way. If she does, it’ll be harder to get her home for visits. *sniff* I’m okay. Honest. *sniff*

I hope all is well with everyone. I don’t get here as often as I’d like anymore. Miss you! *hugsandkisses*

We miss you, too! :hugging: Thanks for dropping by when you have time. I haven’t seen the other GI Joe movies but this one has Bruce in it. πŸ™‚ We’ll catch it when it hits cable.

Awwww, when the chicks start to spread their wings and make leaving the nest noises. It’s tough but good at the same time. If they can fly on their own, we’ve done a good job.

I think I have now recovered from my vacation and weekend travel. Now just need my allergies to go away again. Seriously sucks they came back much worse after being away from Nashville for a week.

Gosh, you and The Only! Her sinuses are just beserk right now. She has laryngitis from the drainage and her eyes are all swollen and the sneezing. Poor you and her!

Glad you had such a fantastic time but glad you are home safe and sound!

7. レディース ダウン δΊΊζ°—