Global Warming?

Seriously? It’s only supposed to hit 42 degrees with rain/sleet/snow mix. Hello, people. It’s MAY for cryin’ out loud! I figured I’d better go out and grab some pictures of the few flowers blooming in my yard. I have some gorgeous yellow and purple irises and my two rosebushes have buds. The wisteria only put out three bracts of blooms. THREE! I have two vines that are in my oak trees climbing over 60 feet. Just about the time the vines budded, we got a hard freeze. In APRIL!

Dear Mr. Gore, you are full of horse pucky. Our local meteorologist has been saying that ever since the discussion started. Weather is cyclic. This is the coldest spring in 100 years, despite a warmer than normal winter.

That said, I’m not here to discuss science, non-science, or the politics of weather. All I know is that it was 80 degrees yesterday, and this beauty was right outside my window. I thought I’d post it for those of you with snow on the ground. I also want to know what your favorite spring flower is. We might as pretend it’s spring, right? So…name your bloom. 😀

(c) Silver James, 2013

(c) Silver James, 2013

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Global Warming?

I love tulips best. Haven’t seen as many this Spring for some reason. Also love buttercups and they bloomed so early this year here. Pretty sure second cold bout took them all out early.

I had one tulip. I have a pic of it with some vinca blooms. Buttercups don’t like it here. Spring has been so wonky I’m surprised I have any flowers at all!

Beautiful! And I agree – Global Warming is a conspiracy theory! My mom has been digging out since October (back home on The Prairies) and south of her got about 10 inches of snow on Monday!

Fav spring flower – the Lupin!

We have Texas bluebonnets, which is a lupin subspecie. The leaves came out but no blooms. 😦

Colorado just got a foot of snow and we may not make it to the 40s today. Brrrr.

3. I love irises. Ours are just starting to bud. I can’t wait to see what color they are. I’m hoping for purple, but any color will do. Several azaleas (pink and this morning one white) and one rose bush are blooming. Our teeny-tiny lilac bush got one cluster. I don’t really have a favorite spring flower. I love tulips and crocuses.

We’re supposed to get into the 50s today, but it started out in the 50s, so I’m guessing it’s not going to warm up at all. Tonight it’ll get down to 34. :shiver: On the upside, Colorado’s supposed to have record snowfall tonight. At least we ain’t there any more.

And don’t get me started on Global Warming. Bah and Feh. Oh, and since their models weren’t working, they changed it to ‘Global Climate Change’ which pretty much covers everything. That;s right, it’s all bad and it’s all out fault. “The human race likes to give itself airs. One good volcano can produce more greenhouse gases in a year than the human race has in its entire history.” – Ray Bradbury ;o)

Love the Bradbury quote! Amen!!!!

I remember when we moved into this house. It took two seasons before I figured out just what all had been planted. LOTS of perrenials and most of them are still growing. Amazing since I’m not a gardener. I mean, like black thumb not a gardener! 😉

Well it’s not a flower, but I ADORE dandelions. I know that Spring has arrived when they start dotting the landscape. When they’re yellow they’re cheery and when they turn to seed they’re whimsical…so yeah, they’re my favorite weed.

People eat them in salads and oh the wishes I made on dandelions when I was a kid! We need to keep that whimsy in our lives. Thanks for the reminder! 😀

5. bookwyrm217 says:

I don’t have any Iris, I don’t know why. they are one of my favorites. My daffodils and mini-tulips have bloomed and gone, the Hyacinth is on the way out and my Tulips are open and gorgeous. My tomatoes and peppers are doing well in the green house. The lilacs have a ton of buds. The only thing not leafing is my Red Maple I planted 2 years ago. Last year it got hit by the freeze, so I am waiting it out and hoping it will recover next year. I need to mow the lawn.

I’ve always said that global warming was idiocy. They have only kept records for the last 150 years or so. Mother Nature is just having hot flashes for pete’s sake.

Well, she’s got the chills now! 😆 I need to plant more hyacinths this fall for next spring. Come to think of it, my crocuses didn’t bloom either. The snowdrops are just now blooming. Crazy year!