Memorial Day Weekend

Just a quick note to let y’all know that a short series of stories to celebrate our military started today at Wild Okie Writers Blog. My story, THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE, is the first up. Drop by for a read. 🙂 There will be a new story up tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.

We had 8 inches of localized rain yesterday and about five o’clock, the ceiling collapsed in my library. Nothing like soggy insulation and wet dry wall which is a misnomer if I ever heard one. 😆

I’ll be watching baseball, super regional softball (leading up to the Women’s College World Series, and working this weekend. Critiques and revisions. Yay! I’ll probably fix a BBQ brisket for Monday.

Who has big plans?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Memorial Day Weekend

Yikes! Hope the damage in your office was minimal and you weren’t sitting at your desk when it happened!! We have rain forecast all weekend – rainfall warnings have been issued. Spring is just not being very nice this year!!

Off to read the Wild Okies/your posting. Have a great long weekend (ours was last weekend).

Not my office. The library. Which used to be the dining room. Before we put in floor-to-ceiling bookselves on two walls. The damage was confined to the other side of the room where some of The Only’s wedding presents were stored because they didn’t have room for them. Yeah…guess who’s making room now! 😆

2. ev says:

Your finally completed office??? UGH!! Hope you weren’t sitting there when it went!
    We are camping. It’s cold and wet but doable. Although I did lose the shelter over the picnic table to the rain too it’s been so heavy. Just might lie on the bad all day and watch Firefly. Or go to the outlets and go shopping before the rest of the vacationers show up.
    Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend.

Nope. Library. My office is good. But when the first section went in the library, the dogs freaked. I was in there moving furniture and boxes to get ready for emergency repairs when a second section came down. I’m hoping the roofer will finally get here for the new roof. *SIGH*

Since we were in severe drought conditions, any rain is good, even too much. Just…bad timing on Mother Nature’s part.

Enjoy the vacation! I vote lying in bed reading/watching TV/napping. But that’s just me. 😉

3. Oh no! Water damage in the library? Just the thought freaks me out. I hope your most precious books stayed safe. Good luck for your team and on those revisions. I’ll be doing some revising this weekend, too. Along with submissions instead of critiques. I’ll try to get to the Wild Okies sometime this weekend so I can catch them all. =o)

No big plans here. Maybe some more walking when I’m not working. (And maybe if I say I’ll be working this weekend enough times it’ll stick.)

Books were on the other side of the room but trust me, I’ll put up plastic sheeting if we get forecasted for another big rain! At least until the roofer can get here.

Yeah…I hear you on the working. I’d really like to just blow it off but I’ve been doing WAY to much of that lately. Time to hunker down in the trenches. 😦

😦 That’s terrible about your library. Glad no one was hurt and your books survived.
    I’m laid low with a cold so I’m writing and should start a crit….sigh…it never ends, lol.