If It’s Tuesday it Must Be…

lolpics-coffee owlBelgium? Bulgravia? Boston? I meant to take a couple of days off. I got lazy. And I didn’t have anything to say. So I hid. I also killed my Bunn coffee maker on Sunday. 😦 This makes me have a very large sad. The replacement will be here today. Yay for Amazon Prime and one day shipping, though I ordered it Sunday and one-day shipping only works on business days.

In the midst of my laziness, I watched softball–every game of the brackets. University of Oklahoma plays University of Tennessee in the Women’s College World Series in a best of three finals series with the second game tonight. OU came back to win it in the bottom of 12th last night. Go Big Red!

I read. I’ve long been a fan of Julie Leto and I finally got around to reading her Dirty series. OMG! I wanted to *headdesk* for not reading this series sooner! This is sexy suspense. There’s romance but not a HEA and the heroine, Marisela Morales, is a Latina from Tampa who is all kickass and smart, even though she just managed to get through high school. The books are on sale digitally. The first one DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS is the place to start. Wow. And Frankie Vega, Marisela’s ex might be a pain but he’s like dancing the salsa on a hot Miami night. Just sayin’…

I caught up on some business things, like dealing with contracts, etc. for the NRCA reception in Atlanta at RWA Nationals in July.

I wrote some. Not much, but a little. Still waiting to get edits back on ROGUE MOON. Tomorrow, I’ll get all the “back up” material ready to go–links, blurbs, upcoming release info, etc. necessary to go into the final document for formatting. I have hopes it will be live by the weekend. I also settled on a name for the Penumbra Papers prequel novel–BLACK MAGIC WOMAN. Here, have a taste of the opening:

This was only Day One of a what was shaping up to be a bloody weird week and the gods had been drinking again. Too bad Sade Marquis didn’t have that option. She was still on duty. Dammit. Not to mention it was only nine in the morning. If things got any stranger, she might just change her mind.

Am I happy to be back in Sade’s head? Damn straight I am! Also, look for some additions around there. I really need to get a Penumbra Papers page added and actually…you know…get some pictures put on my Heroes and Villains page. Ah ha! Procrastination. I must look at sexy men on the internet. shifty-eyes-ani2faster

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to If It’s Tuesday it Must Be…

You’ve been busy! So glad you’re back in Sade’s head – looking forward to The Penumbra Papers!! Have fun scouring the Internet for sexy me 😉

But it doesn’t feel like I’ve been busy. 😆 And then I had to go do errands today. And wait on the new coffee maker. I shall take pictures. *nods* Is it sad that the darn coffee maker is as sexy to me as potential heroes? *hangs head*

2. I’m so sorry your coffee maker died. :hugs: That happened to me last month. It’s a sad thing to watch a coffee addict wander around the house looking for a way to make coffee without a coffee maker. (I imagine… since I’m the addict.) And how you can still be so busy without coffee astounds me. If that’s lazy, then I’m doing it wrong.

Yay for getting Rogue Moon finished. And yay for getting back into Sade’s head. =o)

Now go forth and look at sexy men. After all, it’s research! ;o)

I am bush trained. Give me boiling water, coffee grounds, and a carafe, I can make coffee! It’s not good coffee but it’s hot, caffeinated, and the right color. That’s all that matters, right? 😉

The death of a coffeemaker is a very sad thing indeed. At least you have wonderful things going on to distract you from your grief!

I know! I’ve been wearing black. Lawyer Guy wanted to take it to the curb for trash pick up day. I wanted to bury it. And put up a monument. *sniffle* It had a good life and kept me well caffeinated. It deserves the memorial! *nods*

I think I said it on Jen’s blog but now I’m not sure – I am more happy about the upcoming Penumbra Papers than anything. I’ve been enamored of the whole concept since you first talked about it here 😀 Can’t wait to get into Sade’s head too !!!

5. ev says:

If it’s Tuesday, it must be lunch at Toby Keith’s!!

And you spent lots of time dodging twisters!! LOL One this year is enough for me- I don’t have a shelter!

I can’t believe you haven’t read The Dirty books! Julie knows how much I love them- I’m always bugging her for another one!

I’d had the first one for I don’t know how many years, hiding on one of my TBR shelves. I’d see it and think, “I should read that!” but then I’d get all distracted by new and shiny and then when they came out digitally (my preferred method of reading anyway), I finally got them read. LOVE Marisela! And Frankie. 😉

I still can’t believe you didn’t eat a chicken fried steak. What’s up with you, woman!?!

6. Love your opening! (I often feel this way at the beginning of the week… but I bet her week is stranger… 😉 )

😆 Lorraine. Yeah, Sade is about to deal with the ghost of Marie Laveau, a witchy woman, some dead vampires, and….well…gosh. If I spill it now, then there’d be no reason to read the novella when it comes out. 😉

Thanks for dropping by!