Weekend Hangover

funny-pictures-my-official-monday-face*cracks open an eye* … *squints* … *groans*

Yup. It must be Monday. All day. Where’d the weekend go? I swear it was just here a minute ago. Dang elusive thing.

So how was yours? As short as mine? I worked Saturday. Figured out some plot holes in BLACK MAGIC WOMAN (# 0.5 of the Penumbra Papers) and added a whole bunch of words. I managed a little housekeeping of the vacuuming variety. Saturday night, I headed up the Ham Radio Field Day to have BBQ with Lawyer Guy and the EARs group. The Only, Baseball Boy, and their “adopted” nephew and niece came, too. The little ones belong to Only’s best friend and she’s an adopted daughter. It was fun but I was ready to get home.

Iffy plagued me with dreams all night. I know have a new hero and heroine, a new group, and a new plot. ARGHHHHH! I’m trying to make it fit into the Atlantis Project series but it’s sort of like pounding a round peg in a square hole. It almost fits but not quite… It wants to be a straight military romance, without any hint of paranormal. The SEALs in Atlantis have gills so…. The heroine is an American doctor on a medical mission. It gets messy. I finally gave up and wrote the two scenes I have a good handle on, and the H/H have names.

Today I’m back at work on BMW. It’s gotten all twisty-turny, Ari is up to his old games of seducing Sade, Roman just scared the bejeezus out of a human investigator, and Caleb is all growly. Life is good in Penumbra’s world. 😆

Question. Compendiums. Yea or nay? I’m doing a “wiki” for the Penumbra Papers as I go along so I can keep track of characters and plots. I’m debating whether or not to create a .pdf file that can viewed/downloaded so readers can keep track. It’s not anything I’d put up for sale, just an added bonus. Would y’all be interested in something like that?

Another question. Who had fun this weekend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Weekend Hangover

I wrote a few reviews over the weekend and spent time helping a friend get ready for family coming in. All her husband’s family is coming in today for a week or so. Took her air mattresses and made Costco run to help save on bulk groceries. Also met with my 5k training group and did a little cleaning. Didn’t get to read nearly as much as I wanted, but hope to read more this week.

I didn’t get much reading done either. Iffy was too busy tormenting me, but that’s a good thing. I think I’m glad we don’t have Costco. We used to do the Sam’s thing and ended up with way more stuff than we needed and way more “impulse” buys than was good for the budget. 😆

2. :looks around: Yep, today has Monday written all over it.

Glad you had a nice weekend, Silver. Sounds like you’ve been busy busy. Sorry Iffy is twirling around you like those chicks in rhythmic gymnastics on speed. But I can’t scold her because when she gets done with you, you turn out such awesome stories. Speaking of which, that’s what I did this weekend – read Rogue Moon on Saturday… SQUEE! Then read Jen Lyon’s Possession on Sunday. Also SQUEE! Didn’t get any of my own writing done, though. Naughty naughty writer person.

I think if you feel a compendium will help your readers keep everything straight – which may help with sales – you should go for it. If the time you put into it will balance the marketing you get from it. I don’t usually seek out those types of things and I flip past them when they’re in the books I read, so I’m not a good judge of how it would work for others. I want the meat of the book and when I’m done devouring, I just don’t think about it. I’d read yours, though, because it would be kinda cool.

Yay! So glad you liked ROGUE MOON and yes, POSSESSION is awesome!

I’m going to be doing the “wiki” for my own benefit–sort of a “series bible” so it would be something I put up here for free if people were interested. There’s going to be enough in the “back of the book” as it is, as I’m doing something different with the Penumbra books. I hope it’ll be fun for readers.

Now, get back to work! It’s Monday. Time for the day job–WRITING! *cracks whip* 🙂

Well, I got to meet my online friend and now I can say we’re IRL friends. It was fun handing her the doll and watching her husband torture her by opening the box s.l.o.w.l.y … 😉 Then we went up to my parents Albany house and just relaxed. Ahhhh, nothing is so peaceful as the woods and a beautiful view.
    I’m really itching to get some more words out for A & V – it’s been a week or so since I last added anything but I have been busy with commissions so I can’t complain 🙂 Slow and steady wins the race … right ?!?
    So excited that BMW is working out – I love twists and turns !!!

Slow and steady works! Sounds like you had a great weekend and I’m so glad you connected IRL with your OL friend!

Yeah…This character that’s not supposed to be around until like book 6 or something is trying to light a fire under me. (He’s a dragon so what can I expect, right?) And he’s also given me the title for another novella so he can have a story before his book. Not to mention he wants the plot of his book to change. Humph. Alpha dragons. 🙄

4. ev says:

I worked everyday including Sunday. Which sucks. I have tomorrow off, but hubby is having a quick in and out surgery, so there goes my only day off until July 4th. Ugh. Got very little reading done. 😦