Bucket List 31-40

notebook

I hope everyone had a safe and sane 4th of July yesterday! Mmmm, BBQ brisket. And cold beer. Yeah, the 4th is one of the few days in the year where I imbibe in the cold brew. 😉

Today’s list includes some intangibles. But we always need to keep unattainable goals so we have something to work toward, right!?!

31. Write all the books floating around in my head (whether they get published or not). [Yeah…no. Iffy does this whole ROFLHAO thing every time she reads this. 🙄 ]

32. See my  blog (Penumbra) actually RSS’d by someone.

33. Write well enough and often enough that someone would want to RSS . [While *writing well* is subjunctive, I must be doing something right because several people are RSSing!] shifty-eyes-ani2faster

34. Have a fangirl/fanboi for a character or book that I’ve written. Any volunteers? EDIT: As Liza reminded me 😳 and Ev volunteered, I can mark this one off, too! 😀

35. Cover up the nasty green and gold flocked wallpaper in my living room. (We’ve lived here… *counts* …ten years and I swore that was the first thing I was going to do to redecorate. Shush!) I did get the wall mural in the den covered – that room is done now! Next? Probably my bedroom as we need a new roof before the living room can be finished (leaks in the ceiling) [Okay–this is so old I need to change the years to 17. Holy moley! We’ve lived here going on 17 years and I STILL have that frickin’ wallpaper!!!! ARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH. *breathes* But at least that sound of hammering you hear is the roofer. Yes. It took me that long to save the money for the roof. *sigh*]

36. Learn to paint with water colors.

37. See the Grand Canyon at dawn and at sunset (from two different sides) and take photographs.

38. Visit Stonehenge again.

39. Hike to the top of the “mountain” in Wales that they made the movie “The Man Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down A Mountain” about. With the soundtrack on an iPod/iPhone.

40. I suppose I should get an iPod before I do that… Got one. Lost it. Have an iPhone now that I use for music. 🙂

How can it be Friday again?!? Oh, wait. I set this up…uhm…four weeks ago? On a Friday. *gigglesnort* Hope y’all have some fabulous plans for the weekend!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Bucket List 31-40

I must admit that I too laughed when I read 31. Love your Grand Canyon plan. I want to see those pics!

I need a frickin’ spread sheet to keep track of all the ideas, JB. 😆 And Iffy is completely incorrigible! If I ever get to the Grand Canyon, the pics will be posted here!

2. bookwyrm217 says:

I’ll be the fangirl!!!

Does my love for Rory not count as total fan girl? I only begged for his book forever. 😉

*hangs head in shame* Uhm….duh? You did! And Iffy and I finally delivered. And you were rooting for Sean, too. So yeah… *happy dances* I have fangirls!!!! 😉

Loving your lists, Silver – and great to see so many things crossed off 🙂

Nothing big for the weekend – going to be stinking hot here! I predict there will be cold beer/white wine a-plenty to help deal with the humidity!!

I should go back and count up how many I actually crossed off. *adds to to-do list* 😉

Yeah, hot here, too. I should get some beer. Wine’s already in the fridge. Maybe I’ll start early! *nods enthusiastically*

5. You can never write all the books in your head because your head keeps making more. (Thank goodness.) And now I want a beer – when I haven’t had a beer in years. ;o)

I don’t think it is Friday again. Someone played a trick on us. It’s like Monday or something, which leaves us a whole week still to get everything done. No fabulous plans for the weekend. Writing. Maybe grocery shopping.