Universal Inspiration

universeI know, I know. I’ve been defaulting to the Universe a lot lately. It’s not so much that I haven’t had anything original to say so much as what the Universe is dropping in my inbox mirrors so much what I’m feeling. (Not to mention that I have like 15 of these suckers in my draft box! πŸ˜† )

I took a three day weekend. It wasn’t planned. And Monday wasn’t really a day off–I forgot to do a post Sunday night–and I had like 600 emails to sort. About 30 of those were actually business and the rest were FB/G+/Twitter notifications.

The insomnia plague has hit again. I turn off the lights and close my eyes. My brain refuses to shut down. I wish it would at least give me interesting things–INSPIRATIONAL things (like a new plot twists or something!)–or simply gentle thoughts that would help lull me to sleep. Nope. No such luck. So I toss. I turn. I feel every little ache and pain. I flip through 800 channel of Nothing to Watch. I give up and turn on the light and read. Or pace the floor.

Or think about things the Universe throws at me. Like this:

Where there is pain, there will be strength.

Where there is sadness, there will be wisdom.

And where there is fear, Silver, there will be renewal.

We learn from you,
~~The Universe

And where there is Silver, there will be love… and students, fans, groupies, the usual suspects.

Yeah, don’t know about that last part. Did I mention that depression and self-doubt are BFFs with insomnia? Yeah, well… But I need to remember there is something good on the other side. And I need to remember that sometimes, I just need to sleep with the light on. And in the spirit of this post (since I’m all about the musical inspiration lately!), here’s your Tuesday earworm:

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Universal Inspiration

Wow – the Universe’s words and that video (love David Cook). Thanks for both – and sorry about the insomnia!

It happens. Far too much to suit me. Sometimes, I get lucky and I can write. Usually, though, I default to reading. Which is bad because then I can’t see in the morning due to the eyestrain. Sucks to be old. πŸ˜†

2. Yeah, I’ve got about the same thing going on. Stupid brain has the whole day to think, but it picks bedtime to really ramp up. Argh.

Hey, I don’t mind your thoughts from the Universe. Keep ’em coming. And yes, where there is Silver, there will be love. So there. =op Tell depression and self-doubt to get the hell out of your head. You don’t need them. :grumblegrumble:dirtybastardsalwaysmessingthingsup:grumble:

Yep. Leave the light on. And Keep Your Head Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrOB_q3tjo) ;o)

Love it! Only now I have a fae saying, “PILLOW FIGHT!” And a dragon thinking Sade would look good in that cake. And Sade wondering where the hell she left her weapon. πŸ˜†

FYI, you made me :oops:, B.E. Just sayin’…

They say if you have trouble going to sleep, to get up and do something for about 10 minutes and then try to go to sleep again. I personally just grab my kindle and read until my eyes hurt…

Yeah, me too, Liza. Like I told Janet, sometimes, I can write. Sometimes I just default to reading. That’s why I was one book away from my Goodreads goal and had to up the ante this morning. πŸ˜† At least I’m making a dent on the TBR pile! πŸ˜€

now that’s a MUCH better earworm πŸ˜‰
    sorry about the insomnia – my mom and sister get bouts of it throughout the year too. I’ve heard that taking B12 can help people with that but my sister can’t take oral B vitamins and my mom has hemochromatosis so she can’t take anything with extra iron. I have that too but I also heard that B12 makes your blood unpalatable to bugs so, in the summer, I take it sometimes πŸ˜‰

I wish I could trade a few nights with you – I have the opposite problem. I can fall asleep whenever, wherever. I TRY to stay awake in bed sometimes to work out plots etc. but it never happens…

Don’t let anything, not even your own brain, tell you you are not good enough Silver – self doubt is a deceiver !!!

It is, Ban! But I think that comes with the territory of being a writer, or creative in other areas. Almost every writer I know “suffers” some form of it. That said, I just keep chugging along. I’ve done the B12 thing. It helped Lawyer Guy but had little to no affect on me. The same with melatonin. Nyquil ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ works pretty good, though! πŸ˜‰ I’m just not big on taking drugs.

Blech to Insomnia and its BFF’s! Sorry they’re all visiting you.