Long Weekends & Sales

It’s Friday. Monday is a holiday here in the States. Labor Day. That means a long weekend and lots of big sales. I’ve never quite figured out why Labor Day = Sales. Or President’s Day for that matter. Or any other day/weekend that retailers decide to make their associates work crazy hours.

I’m not big on shopping. Hate it, in fact. Black Friday? I’m sleeping late and catching up on my reading. Cyber Monday? That might catch my attention so long as I can connect with a site but the minute my computer runs slow or the website won’t load because of traffic? Nope. I’m outta there.

Cafe Midnight 680Blood Moon Cover 680So, if I hate shopping, why am I talking about sales? Because I decided to put CAFE MIDNIGHT and BLOOD MOON “on sale” come Monday. For 24 hours, both will be free. Spread the word. Let your friends know.

I plan to watch baseball and work on revisions and edits of SEASON OF THE WITCH this weekend. What about y’all? Any big plans? Small ones? Good times ahead?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Long Weekends & Sales

Wow – awesome sale, Silver!! I have some Silver Fans I’ll need to share this news with – thanks 🙂

No plans for the weekend – long one here, too! Enjoy the baseball, revisions and edits!!

I’m heading to my cousin’s house for the weekend. Hoping to spend weekend reading, watching movies, and resting. What usually happens when I’m there. I need the break so much.

Silver, I’ll share the sale with everyone. Since you are working in edits on SOTW is it almost ready? Excited for more Sade!!!

Yes! I plan to have SOTW out for final edits by next week. Once it’s copyedited, it will go to the formatter and then it goes out to all the outlets, including Createspace because it’s going into print as well as digital. I hope to have it ready to release no later than October 1–and with luck, before! (At least digitally.)

Have a quiet and restful weekend, Liza! You do need some downtime.

Oh, sales are exciting !!! I don’t get out much to go shopping either though – unless you count grocery … 😉
    SOTW takes place before Black Magic …? I think I just confused myself.

I’m trying to finish a book, but considering I haven’t slept in a couple of weeks because I’ve been sick, I’m not sure that’s such a good idea….it might make even less sense than the rest of my “masterpieces”.

But just think how entertaining it would be to read later?!? 😆 Wish I had some advice for the cough. That sucks. Been there. I had an allergy to plaster mold and the house where we lived (built in 1934) had plaster walls invested with it. We finally moved and I could breath again. A little drastic but… Vicks rub and sleeping with your shoulders elevated is my only advice. If you had strep or sore throat, I could help with apple cider vinegar. Coughing? Not so much. 😦 Hang in there and get well soon, woman!

5. I keep forgetting it’s Labor Day Weekend. Then again, I keep forgetting it’s Friday, so I’m not surprised. I’m like that camel in the Geiko commercial… only I really do want to know what day it is.

Anyway, we’ll be spending this weekend like we do every weekend – staying home, staying away from tourists, and staying off the roads filled with crazy people. But this weekend means an end of the tourist season! Woohoot!