Universal Imagination

universeI’ve had this little gem from the Universe tucked back for a rainy day. Only the sun is shining. And the temperature is warming up a bit. As I was looking back through my drafts, I found this and it spoke to me.

Silver, if it was just about surviving, getting by, and keeping things the way they are, then how would you explain imagination?

If it was just about sacrifice, selflessness, and altruism, then how would you explain desire?

And if it was just about thinking, reflection, and spiritual stuff, then how would you explain the physical world?

Get the picture, Silver? Want it all. That’s what it’s there for.

Vroom, vroom –
The Universe

And if it was just about working, Silver, how would you explain weekends?
© http://www.tut.com ®

Yes, this. All of it. I know I’ve been “trapped” in a cycle of each of these things. When life pressed in dark and heavy, a spark from my imagination would light the way. When I got lost in spinning stories in my head, unwilling to face the real world, something always jarred me loose so that I came “back to life” as it were. And for a very long time, it was all about the work. Seven days a week. Pushing, demanding, so focused I lost the spark–the one thing I truly needed to keep working. My imagination. I’ve learned, this past year. Balance. I need it. I need to remember what my dad used to tell me: Set aside some dreaming time. But I also need to remain committed to moving forward with my career.

So…weekends, huh? What do you have planned? 😀

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Universal Imagination

1. I was about to say ‘dude, it’s only Wednesday’ but it’s not. I’m trapped in a cycle of holidays and snow days that have me unsure if I know my ass from a hole in the ground. I haven’t really left the house in a week. I definitely haven’t left the yard. I need to get out, but more nasty weather is on tap for today. Bleh.

For a while there, I was also trapped in a cycle of retirement. The Universe needed to remind me that if it was just about relaxing, there wouldn’t be a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I’m back at work again. How much good my work will do remains to be seen.

I think what the Universe is trying to tell us all, is that it’s about balance. Work versus weekends, mental versus physical stuff, etc. It’s telling me I need to stop the pendulum and find my balance again. ;o)

The weekend ahead will be work balanced with relaxation and fun. (And getting out into the world if the weather cooperates. LOL)

When I wrote this, the sun WAS shining. 😆 Today is dark, frizzly (freezing drizzle), and cold though we will get above freezing. Warm weather IS coming–after a full day of rain tomorrow. But that’s okay. We need the rain. And the dark days remind us to appreciate the sunny, even if we have to squint.

See? Balance. You’re so right B.E.!

YAY to BE back at work – so excited to hear that news this morning 🙂

Great message from The Universe, Silver – and surprisingly (or maybe not) apropos for this morning as I had a stern lecture from myself last night to stop wasting time! This is the perfect reminder of that conversation (can you have a conversation with yourself? Yes, yes you can!) – and a great way to start my morning. Thanks.

Weekend? Still two days away and I have a desk full of The Day Job to get through!

• Janet says:

That should be “YAY to B.E. being back at work.” In case you think it had something to do with my Word of the Year.

No worries. I speak “Janet.” 😉 And your word of the year actually illustrates the Universe’s message today. And yes, some of my best conversations are held with myself. Except when I get into an argument 😆

3. Balance…ah, yes. That elusive little gem we all need. I’m trying to find that as well. Juggling kids school, my health, the house stuff, the puppers, the Hubster and of course writing! (the list could go on but that would bore you)

Funny…last year my word was BE. I think I did that but didn’t get much done in the way of writing.

This weekend? The only thing I know about it I gotta take Wildman to get new glasses. At the mall. Erg! I really, really don’t like the mall.

*makes sign of cross to ward off evil* The MALL?!? *shudder* I’d almost rather face the Zombie Apocalypse or something. 😆 Good luck with that. I think balance is something we all struggle with and strive for. Whether we achieve it or not depends on the day. 😉

4. Universe was saying listen up group, this is important to remember especially now!
    It can feel like you are on a hamster wheel, chasing your A$$ all the time, whilethe wonders of life are zooming by.
    I have realized in the last few yrs, life is to short, there are things you have to make more of a priority, I am now putting WRITING at the top of my list, it is a gift, that I need not take for granted, getting better organized, so things run abit smoother. Being me and who I am suppose to be. Finding balance and realize I can’t carry and babysit the whole village so to speak, my health and wellbeing are more important. People come in and out of our lives for reason to make us think and grew.
    I talk to myself and when people ask me about me doing it i tell them its a writer thing 🙂
    My weekend plans pick up cemetery bouquet flowers so the don’t pitch them, before the do jan clean up. Errands, house chores, suppose to be in the 70’s?
    Get some words down, in between book series, found new author Trish Mcallan, patting foot for 28th release date.
    have great weekend!

I think you have the right of it, Kimber. I need to add balance to my Word of the Year. Or maybe I already have, given that I have a dual word that balances nicely. Ah, Universe, you know us so well.

Yes, warmer this weekend. Many chores and errands to get done! Enjoy yours,