Must Be Tuesday…

…because I’m twisting in the wind when it comes to a post for today. 😆 We talked about TV shows yesterday. I guess I can mention that I made a new board on Pinterest called NSFW (Not Safe For Work). Yes. There are sexy men pinned there. Not many, but a few.

I do know that I HAVE to get back to work. Iffy is driving me batty. There’s been too much other stuff going on for me to sit down and concentrate beyond a few writing challenge snippets here and there. When Iffy is chomping at the bit and I don’t give her creative outlet, she starts bombarding me with ideas. The good news is, she actually gave me a good one to work on.

How many of you remember the mention of a group the Navy spirited away from Nevada in the Moonstruck books? And did any of you catch those nefarious guys in the Florida Keys when Amy pulled her runaway bride routine? Well, those guys are going to morph into my Hard Target series, but with a few surprise additions. And I’m going to introduce them with a “crossover” novella titled MOON SHOT. *bwahaha* And because it’s Tuesday, here’s a little tease–which was scribbled in a notebook while I was stuck in traffic yesterday. shifty-eyes-ani2faster

Breath whispered over his ear as sweet as any lover’s but the words that followed chilled him to the bone, as did the barrel of the weapon pressed against the base of his skull.

“You’ll die before you can pull the trigger.”

How the hell did a woman get the drop on him? And where was the rest of his team?

And no, I’m not going to discuss the plot yet. Blame it on Iffy.
Iffy & scissors

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Must Be Tuesday…

I love that picture of Iffy! And so happy that she’s gotten your attention so she can go on to do other things, like running with scissors! The tease sounds awesome – question, will this have any paranormal influences, Silver, or is it strictly a ‘seal-like’ team? Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Since it is a crossover series, there will be a hint of paranormal, but more SciFi. Of course, my Wolves are genetic. They were born that way and have always been, living pretty much in secret in society with no problems. In BLOOD MOON and BRIDE MOON, there was mention of a project in Nevada where scientist were working on pilots who could stand high altitudes. They ended up with divers who had gills and could withstand the pressures associated with deep dives. The Navy jumped on the deal. When Hannah discovered what was going on, the program was shut down and the participants “hidden” away. That will come out in more detail in MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS AND LIES.

In the HARD TARGET series, some of those SEALs will be in a special International unit. They’ve all been genetically enhanced somewhat. No shapeshifting or “magic” powers and they can’t genetically pass along their enhancements. *looks shifty-eyed* The emphasis will be more on their missions and the “hapless” women they have to “save.” *waggles brows* So not truly a paranormal like MOONSTRUCK.

In other words, it will be more traditionally contemporary military action/adventure romance. But the Wolves may make the occasional cameo.

• Janet says:

Sounds awesome – love how they all tie together. I love contemporary military action/adventure (thinking Suzanne Brockmann), so can’t wait to hear/read more about your HARD TARGET series, Silver 🙂

2. Ooo, Iffy’s a tease. Can’t wait to read this new series, Silver. It sounds awesome. Now, tell Izzy to go sit in a corner so you can work. Give her a shiny object or a brand new box of crayons. Actually, I’d love a shiny object and a brand new box of crayons. I sacrificed my crayons to the refugees from the fire of 2012. Need new crayons… :wanders off in search of a shiny object to put her crayons in:

Yes, yes she is. 😆 She was dancing in the passenger sheet chortling that traffic came to a long standstill in a construction zone so I could dash off the quick notes. Because if I hadn’t, the words would have been lost by the time I got home, even if the idea remained.

I want some shinies! And crayons. Ooooh. I haven’t had new crayons in…like…forever. I did find some colored pens when I was digging through my office for something else. Hrmmmm. I wonder what I did with them…. *wanders off wondering where I put them*

3. I’m so glad I’m not the only with ADD! haha Maybe it’s a writer thing??

New story idea sounds awesome! Maybe the shinies will leave you alone for a bit so you can get words out. But if you’re anything like me, something else will come along and …ooo Look! Squirrel!!

I know, right?!? And Iffy is notorious for her whirling dervish approach to Muse-ing. 😆 That’s why I love Scrivener. I can keep track of everything easily–ideas, notes, snippets, character insight. Whatever Iffy tosses my direction. The hard part is being where I can…you know…WRITE IT DOWN! 😉

What about more books from Penumbra Papers? Not that I’m not excited to spend time with the wolves and the new group…Need more Sade and crew!