Surviving Monday

I want coffeeIn my effort to make Mondays suck less, I thought I’d offer up this little cutie. I’m with him. I’m raising my hand and yelling, “I do! I do!”

So…it’s Monday. The day after the weekend. Saturday was OKRWA–made for some nice company and the Brandy Ice after the meeting was yummy! We met Only, BB, and the Sprout for lunch on Sunday. We had a traditionally untraditional Easter meal–Chinese buffet at our favorite local eatery, Golden Moon. The Only was weaned in the original Golden Moon restaurant (which was destroyed by fire a few years ago.) It was fitting to take Sprout there. Of course, he slept through the whole thing.

I finished up my reread and new read of Mur Lafferty’s Urban Fantasy books, THE SHAMBLING GUIDE TO NEW YORK CITY and THE GHOST TRAIN TO NEW ORLEANS. She has a humorous voice, terrific world-building, and a very likeable main character, Zoe Norris. If you’re looking for something different, you might give them a look. I’m back to contest reads again. I have 4 1/2 more to go, that are here, and one more that hasn’t arrived yet. I should follow up on that. *nods* *makes mental note*

Still trying to figure out what to call the novella for the Christmas anthology. I got some good words written this weekend. I keep waffling on a title, though. FAERIE FREE, FAERIE FEUD, and FAERIE FOLLY are contenders. In the back of my mind, I keep wanting to call it a A VERY FAERIE CHRISTMAS but…naw…too light for what I’m writing. Abhean is not a very nice fae. πŸ˜€

So how was your weekend? Did you find lots of Easter eggs? Do anything fun? Read anything good? Make or eat any good food?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Surviving Monday

1. Jan says:

Hi Silver,
    I was fed chocolate from my grandkids Easter Baskets. I think I started a new tradition.

OOH! I think I like that tradition! πŸ˜† Sprout is only 4 weeks old so no chocolate for him. Only and Baseball Boy are too greedy. They grabbed their chocolate bunnies and hid them. πŸ˜‰

My sister and youngest niece were in for the weekend, we had a fabulous lunch at Maggianos and then saw Wicked on Saturday night. I never really have time to read when family is in for the weekend. Pretty sure my allergies are moving into the bronchitis phase now. Luckily have meds that should help. Have another 5k this weekend.

Ugh, Liza! Your allergies always kick in this time of year and I can’t imagine running a 5K without being able to breath. Here’s hoping the meds clear things up! And I bet y’all enjoyed the heck out of Wicked. πŸ˜€

3. I want coffee! Pretty pwease. So glad you had a nice weekend and a fun Easter meal introducing Sprout to the tradition. Good luck with the title. Faerie Folly seemed to leap out at me the most, but since I don’t know the storyline, I couldn’t say whether that would work best.

The weekend here was pretty tame. Hubs spent the majority of it up in the attic rafters installing insulation while I put together the patio furniture and grill. That didn’t take me long, so I spent a lot of time reading, cleaning, lazing about eating… Typical weekend. I did run afoul of a nest of baby spiders that were trying to take over my new patio chair. :shudder: And I came up with a new idea for getting the last baby squirrel off the roof (Nod’s still too chicken to jump into the tree). I took a long branch and propped it against the deck so that the top twigs were laying on the roof. Hopefully the stupenagle will realize he can now climb down. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

*pours coffee* There ya go. Poor little Nod. Hopefully, he’ll vacate and you can cover the hole so the squirrels can’t nest there again. Squirrels in the attic is not fun! Saw the pics of the furniture and grill. Awesome blossom, girl! I want that furniture. Too bad I don’t have a deck. *sigh*

4. Weekend was busy (still packing, moving, putting things together- I’m a one women crew ) but once I’m in it will be all forth it.
    I took a break here and there and read The Collector by Nora Roberts, this was the 1st book I read of hers, mom was a big fan of her and Robb. It has an artist and writer so creativity peaked my interest, I really enjoyed it.
    Glad you have a good weekend! Have a great day!!

How much do you have left to do, Kimber? Moving and unpacking is such a slow process when it’s just you. Been there. 😦 But oh, the rewards once you’re settled!

I must be really weird. I LOVE Nora writing as JD Robb. I inhale the In Death books. But when she’s writing as herself? I just…can’t get into them. There’s a huge difference in her voice, IMO. I know I’m in the minority but… On the other hand, considering how many books on my TBR pile, I don’t need more! πŸ˜†

• Alot is the word of choice! We closed in 12days, I have my stuff and mom’s!!! And its only me, doing the packing, moving, putting together.
        I need to get my books packed, so the movers can move them and furn soon!!!
        It will get done!! * Hannah would have had it done by now, giving orders*

Wow – sounds like everyone had busy/productive weekends! Mine was relatively quiet – got to the nursery and picked out some perennials, had company over for supper on Saturday (so that required a bit of housecleaning and prep work), and went out to friends’ for Easter supper (14 of us around the ‘family’ table). Great weekend – much too short, though. I have no motivation to be in ‘work mode’ today!!

Faerie Feud gets my vote – although I don’t know what the story is about, just like those two words together πŸ™‚