Thursday Thoughts – Universe Writes a Romance

universeSince I spent last week surrounded by 2500 romance writers and those who support us–agents, editors, families, etc, today is a good one to share this little gem from the Universe. The energy that swirls around the conference is palpable. I come home exhausted but invigorated at the same time. Even though I’m feeling overwhelmed by all the projects facing me, I’m chafing at the bit. Words. Give me a page with words, long beautiful words. Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen. Give me down to there, WORDS, novella length or longer.
Here baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy. Words, flow ’em, show ’em, long as Muse can grow, my words…**

So anyway, I write romance. And the Universe pretty much sums it up just fine:

Always follow your heart, Silver, unless it’s been broken, then you must lead it.

Back into love,
The Universe
© http://www.tut.com ®

Did you know, Silver, that hearts are never too big to mend, too small to rebound, or too tired to love?

This also applies to real life. You know, just in case it fits someone’s needs for inspiration at the moment. What’s your love story about?

**Two points to anyone who gets the song, and apologies to the lyricist. 😉

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Thursday Thoughts – Universe Writes a Romance

1. Good Morning-
    Wow I’m first-lol-
    I believe the song is Hair?
    Great universe wisdom, they really nailed it at times.
    It fits the art of writing (what we are paasionate about), what readers look for a healing and someone’s HEA at times and life’s journey and all we come in contact along the way, sometimes you have to drag not lead because it doesn’t want to be hurt again, but you learn to be abit more guarded where you put it- that is just my take.
    Damn if I felt that Muse energy and was just in the bldg for 6 hrs, that must be overwhelming, I didn’t realize there were that many peeps there!
    Last day of July already- where does the time go?
    Have a great day- Silver =)

Exactly, Kimber! And yes, there were that many there–all people involved in writing romances. It’s amazing, isn’t it? 😀

• Amazing isn’t quite a big ENOUGH word for all was going on down there.
        It was empowering, but you know what I mean =)

B.E I hear you on writing more when things aren’t going well, alot of my poetry was and still is doing those moments, it just spills out on to the pages.
        Keep heading forward -that is where I’m heading!
        Enjoy the Sprout sitting Silver!!

2. Argh, earworm! Got it at the ‘flaxen,waxen’ part. Now I just need to not have it stuck in my head all day. =op

Funny thing. I’ve only ever been able to successfully write romance during those times when I’ve been seriously unhappy with my own romantic life. Which is probably why I can’t seem to write romance now. (Definitely not saying this ever applies to anyone else – it’s just me.) :shrug:

Metaphorically, my writing heart’s been broken and has limped onward too many times over the past ten years. Bloody and beaten and scarred – but still battling. So now instead of singing Hair, I’ll have Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on my mind. (Take that, earworm!)

I LIKE that earworm! 😆 I’m headed to babysit Magic Bean Sprout this morning so I’ll work on some others to share because that’s how I roll. 😉

And yeah. So many of us have battle scars from this thing we love/hate/can’t give up called writing. You wear your heart on your sleeve, which shows in your writing and makes me want to read you. You’ll get there!

Now I have the Red Hot Chili Peppers in my brain. Off to Amazon to see if I can listen to them free on prime…

Enjoy your time with Magic Bean Sprout today. Words this afternoon. 🙂

Hope you got to listen to them, Liza. I have their Stadium Arcadium album. Love it! MBS was darling, but he always is. Not many words this afternoon. The opening is giving me absolute fits but I did get started on another scene and unlike the last scene I wrote, it’s actually somewhere in the first three chapters. 😆

4. Ashlynn says:

Gosh, I know exactly what you mean about RWA nationals. It was the most amazing thing I’d ever done and I LOVED it. So wish I could go again. So inspiring and motivating.

Have with the the little one and get some words out later. Isn’t this the oddest weather for this time of year around here? So weird!!

Totally bizarre weather. Makes me want to go, “Global warming? Really?!?” 🙄 Hopefully, RWA will come around close again. I think the next few years are NYC, San Diego, Orlando, Denver. Or maybe it’s Denver then Orlando. I can’t remember. Fun times.

Hmmmm, any points left? I got the song before reading the comments 🙂

I’ve started and stopped so many stories I thought I’d never be able to get one done. That can really bring a writer down. The ‘want’ is there, the ‘need’ to get it out but…
    Well, THIS love story is the one – it is taking me forever but not once have I lost the desire to continue – to get ALL of it out. Amy and Vance are my power couple and THEY will lead my broken heart to The End. (although that will make me sad 😦 ) I’m just over 120,000 but I’ve still go a way to go.

In other news, I will be going to my very first writers meeting. I found a local chapter online (not RWA – though I may attempt one of theirs soon) and I’m gonna be brave and go – and cross my fingers it’s what I’m looking for. *bites nails*

Cool beans on the writer’s meeting. Finding a like-minded group that’s supportive and nurturing can be a real boon! Good luck with it. For the most part, RWA groups are very inclusive, but the deal with them is that you need to be “career focused” to be a full member. There are now associate memberships where you get all the benefits, just no right to vote. *shrug*

Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you for sticking with Amy and Vance’s story?!? You go, girl!!!!