It’s Monday! Darn it…

funny-dog-pictures-not-ready-for-monday Why is it that this day rolls around every week? I don’t know why Monday is such a big deal. Yeah, when I had the day job, Monday meant the end of a brief respite, unless I was on call. Then days, nights, and dates all sort of rolled into a mishmash of time. Now, I work weekends as often as not. Sometimes I take a break but not lately. Magic Bean Sprout is still here Monday through Friday and though I love the little snickers dearly, he seriously cuts into my writing time. I have to make up for it on the weekends. I did a LOT of writing Saturday (around 5K) and spent most of Sunday plotting and moving scenes around. I want to get BLUE MOON finished ASAP.

Still in love with OUTLANDER. Still probably won’t read the book but damn if the series hasn’t hooked me. I DVR the shows even though I watch each episode “live.” I’m keeping all the episodes and I’ll watch them back-to-back at the end of the season. I’m also giving LEGENDS a try on TNT. Love Sean Bean. Not sure about this new series. I did’t appreciate the opening of the first episode–an aerial view of the Murrah Federal Building bombing. PTSD is such a lovely thing to suffer. 😛 Needless to say, I’m totally behind what Laura Kaye is doing in her Hard Ink series.

I’m done reading contest entries for the time being. That’s like 10 more books to add to my yearly reading challenge. I also managed to squeeze in Karin Tabke’s BREAKING BAD. It’s sexy-hot and as much as I wanted to slap Jack with a clue-by-four, I still have the hots for him. 😆 I’ve started Laura Kaye’s HARD TO HOLD ON TO, the latest in her Hard Ink series. Laura is donating all proceeds from this book bought until September 1 to the Wounded Warrior Project, a group I support wholeheartedly and with my Amazon.Smiles account. The hero is suffering PTSD and depression, to point that suicide seems like a viable solution. I applaud her for taking this subject on, as it’s an on-going theme in the series. Grab all the books! I highly recommend them. The next full-length novel comes out in November.

030luAnd one last thing to leave you with–a link of total awesomesauce! Have you ever looked at those Old Skool Fabio covers and wondered what the hell he was thinking? Go HERE. Now you know. 😆

What did y’all do this weekend? I hope you had fun!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to It’s Monday! Darn it…

1. Ashlynn says:

Mondays are hard for me too. #1 Hubby has to go to work Bleh! I’m selfish and like him with me. #2 Now my son isn’t doing online school anymore, he actually has to get up and go-which means I have to pack his lunch and make his breakfast cause no way is he getting up any earlier than he has too. 😛 …but then I do like the week because I’ve been trying to make it my writing time. Doesn’t always work, but hey, at least I’m trying.

I applaud you for watching lil sprout every day. They are precious, they are also a lot of work!

And about those 80’s covers— is it sad that I think I’ve read almost all of them?? haha Gotta love the bodice rippers. heehee

Yeah, me, too, Ash. Read them, laughed at them. Coveted the alpha maleness of the heroes. And now I write them… Alpha males, not the bodice rippers. 😆

You write when you can. That’s what’s important. And your not-so-little guy will be gone before you know it. Enjoy this time when he starts spreading his wings. 😀

I hate I can’t watch Outlander until it hits Netflix or Prime. Just can’t justify paying for Starz right now. Maybe in a few months, but not currently in the budget.

I know you are enjoying having Magic Bean Sprout at the house, but know he has to be adding lots of work to your day. Enjoy your snuggle time with him.

I honestly think I missed reading most of the bodice rippers from the 80’s…lol

Liza, not sure you missed that much. 😆 They were wallbangers for sure. But right after they’d bounce, I snatch them up and keep reading. 😉

😦 on not getting to watch OUTLANDER. Is there anyway to watch it on the STARZ website? I’m betting once this season is over, they’ll get it to other outlets to get lure in more people for season 2.

• Liza says:

You have to pay for the subscription to watch online. Honestly, I’m trying to get completely out of debt so I can hopefully buy a 3 bedroom condo, so trying to cut out as many extras as possible. That includes extra cable channels.

3. I meant to comment here this morning. Really I did. Stupid Mondays. I can’t even remember what I ended up doing that distracted me. Eating leftovers for breakfast? Chatting with my mom? :shrug: Anyway, I’m so glad you’re loving your Outlander show. I’m with Liza, though. Paying for Starz isn’t in the budget. Yay for your time with MBS, even if it’s hard writing and babysitting. You’ll be happier in the long run having this one on one time. I think my mom and the Kid are closer because of all the time she spent with itty-bitty baby Kid.

My weekend was a blur again. I did stuff. I watched stuff. I lost track of this being Monday and almost forgot I had to pay bills today until Hubs reminded me. Then I missed the Dale the Mail Dude and had to jaunt off to the USPS. Ugh.

Ha, I did the same thing with replying to comments. And writing the blog for today/Tuesday. Ah, well.

Dale the Mail Dude. AHHAHAHahahahaHAHAHAHa! Love it. My mail dude is just David. But he’s made of awesome. He’s on vacation and I can tell. 😦