Monday Doldrums

funny-pictures-i-know-those-feels-monday-cat Yes, it is Monday. Again. Yes, there was a weekend. I know this because I took Saturday off. I stayed in bed and off the internet. I watched college football–my teams both won. I watched baseball. Yes, my team won–mostly–and remains in first place in their division. I read.

It also rained Saturday. I love the rain. Just in case y’all didn’t know that. I especially love fall rain–wet leaves, cooler temperatures, boots, sweaters…*happy sigh*

Sunday was errands. This whole going to the grocery store once a week (because it’s a pain to drag the Sprout in his car seat) thing requires a great deal of organization. This is NOT my strong suit. 😆

I worked on the wiki/series bible for the Moonstruck books. I’m almost up to book 4, WOLF MOON. By rereading all the books, I’m seeing where they need improvement and now I can’t wait to get started on the “omnibus” versions. I plan to take two books at a time, combining and expanding them with new material. They’ll be available in digital and print both. I’m hoping to get my butt in gear and have the first one, MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS available before the end of the year. There’s a whole lot of “MAYBE!” when I say that, depending on time and edits for the Harlequin books, but with luck, BLOOD MOON and BAD MOON will be combined and y’all will get to find out what happened in the ten years between the books. And holy cow! The revelations that came with writing BLUE MOON that will translate into MOON SHOT, the next book in the series, that transitions into the Hard Target series. Yes, there are Wolves in Hard Target. 😉

Oh, in case you’re interested, the “omnibus” versions will be:
MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS
MOONSTRUCK: LIES
MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYAL
MOONSTRUCK: RETRIBUTION

So that’s pretty much where I am. Focused. Ready to get BLUE MOON ready for release. I’ll reveal the cover as soon as I have it. The Only is working on it. Keep your fingers crossed that it’ll be out by October 1st.

What did y’all do this weekend? Did your teams win? How’s your weather? And be sure to come back tomorrow. I have a fun recipe to share!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Monday Doldrums

1. elainecanham says:

I love lying in bed when its raining. There’s generally a day in February when it is horizontally sleeting against the window, that I just spend under the covers with a cup of tea, a plate of toast and either Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice…toast crumbs are a bit of a bugger, though.

2. There was a weekend? Are you sure? :gazes upon you with dubiousness: I totally know what you mean about limiting the shopping to once a week. I did it because I don’t live in town anymore, but I went from running to the store whenever I needed anything to needing lists and pre-planning. Ugh.

SQUEE for the Moonstruck books! I can’t wait. And fingers are crossed. and :hugs:

My teams all sucked this weekend. The only bright spot was the team I really dislike lost. We got rain here, too, which was nice, but I’m most happy about the drop in temperature. It’s just nice to be able to walk around the yard without melting.

I’m positive. My calendar very clearly stated it was Saturday and Sunday. Yeah. Ohio State all but fell out of the top 25. Gosh darn it. *looks sort of sincere – NOT* The REAL OSU did good, despite our starting QB going down with a foot injury in the first quarter. Our backup did a good job!

We get another little burst of heat until the next cool front comes through later in the week. That should be the bulk of summer and I am SOOOO ready!

3. Ashlynn says:

Totally loved the rain. And the cooler temps. Ready for fall…not winter though. I did work on edits for FUEL Saturday since the Hubster was working. I also hired an editor. Me and grammar are not good friends. ha!

So happy about your Moonstruck books! I hope you can all squeeze it in. I know you will though because you write like the wind. 😛

I shop every sunday-mainly because I’m not allowed to drive. With organized lists. Have forever. But I’m an orginazational nut. I have to work on a clean desk with no clutter. I’m weird I know.

Yeah on edits! I do okay with grammar. It’s the other little things like typos, over-used words, and continuity that foul me up! 😆

Clean desk? What is this mythical creature of which you speak?

My weekend was really great. My Vols and my Titans won. I got to spend time with friends yesterday watching the Titans win. I read and worked on book bibles this weekend and posted lots of reviews to Goodreads, Amazon and scheduled many blog post.

I walked with my 5K group early Saturday morning. Luckily we beat the rain as we had a wonderful afternoon storm. I love rain too and can’t wait for the cooler temps. Sounds like our cooler front is moving in on Thursday and I’m so ready! I need to wear sweaters and books soon!

Sounds like you had a productive weekend, Liza! Way to go!!! I’m ready for long sleeves and boots too. I run so hot, I can’t wear a sweater unless I’m outside and it’s about 40 degrees. Even then… Ah the joys of being old! 😛