The Power of Monday

T-Rex Monday I’ve been thinking. Yeah, yeah. I know that’s a bad idea. *snort* Monday is much maligned. Why? Yes, for those who work, it means getting up and trudging back out into the world to deal with the job and all the contingent frustrations that go with it. Or in the case of many writers, it means shuffling into our writing caves and slurping coffee like there’s not tomorrow in a vain effort to jumpstart our creativity before getting out the paddles to shock our Muses back to life. Monday, much like the picture I used in last Friday’s post, should be a day of potential. It’s a new week (Sunday is part of the weekend. It doesn’t count! πŸ˜‰ ). It’s the opportunity to start something new, or to continue an unfinished project. It’s full of possibilities and promises.

Or not. Who am I kidding? I look like this (points to photo meme) almost every Monday. But today has possibilities. I’m awaiting either an email or a phone call (a second one) from Mr. HQEditor. We talked for a long time Friday afternoon about the possibilities for the next Red Dirt Royalty book. I like the changes we came up with so I’m now working on revising the first three chapters and synopsis for the proposal. I’m excited.

And tomorrow is paperback release day for COWGIRLS DON’T CRY. Be sure to come back because there will be a new contest! With goodies.

There was a weekend in there between Friday and today. The REAL OSU (Oklahoma State) won their bowl game against Washington Friday night. I’m still in shock. We weren’t supposed to win. But then again, neither was the fake OSU (Ohio State), much less were they supposed to be playing in the national championship. Which I probably won’t watch because I don’t care about either team. *yawn* I did some business housekeeping. I read. I didn’t read. I searched for a book I wanted to read. I ended up with a reread. πŸ˜† More on that Wednesday. Oh, and I napped. Too long. Which meant I didn’t go to sleep Sunday morning until 5:00 a.m. *headdesk* No naps yesterday. I have to get back in normal sleep mode.

What about y’all? What did you do over the weekend? Are you ready to get back to work now that the holidays are over?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Power of Monday

Well, I got my review for Cowgirls Don’t Cry posted to Goodreads and Amazon yesterday. Celebrated the new year with family and packed up 2/3 of my books for my move later this month. Is there a way to get another 10 hours a day? I’m totally starting to stress out about running out of time to pack before my move.

I missed the news! You had an offer accepted? That’s awesome! Even if packing and moving is a PITA. You’ll love having your own place. I’m so excited for you!!!!

And thanks for the reviews. As I mentioned in emails, Cyrus eventually gets his. πŸ˜‰ Now stop stressing. You’ll get it done. You’re all awesome like that! πŸ˜€

2. Ashlynn says:

Can you believe OSU won??? o.O NOT a fan (OU girl here-but we totally suck this year) but was glad they won (I will root for OSU when not playing OU πŸ˜› ) …my question though, where has THAT team been all year?

Read Cowgirls Don’t cry! Love! Can’t wait for the next one. I loved Chance and do wanted to bean him on the head a few times. I was like, REALLY???

And I’m ready for regular schedule. Goal…writing KRUSH. The summer anthology. It’s a short so hoping I can push through it pretty hard. I don’t write as fast as you. But I can keep trying.

btw— how did you put that widget of reading goals on you site?

From the help section of Goodreads: How do I add a widget to my blog?
      You can post a widget which shows off a list of books in your shelves on your website or blog. To do so, log in to Goodreads, click on edit profile from the drop-down to the right of your profile image in the header, then select the ‘widgets’ tab. Follow the instructions to copy the widget code into your blog. You can choose to show off any shelf you like: read, currently reading, or any shelf of your choice. We have both flash widgets, such as the “my books widget” and javascript widgets, such as our “grid widget” or “book montage widget” – please make sure your blog software accepts flash or javascript.

You have to scroll down a LONG way to find the reading challenge widget. Last year, mind didn’t update automatically. There was a glitch with WordPress. I simply went in and updated manually when I thought about it.

As for OU/OSU, we always root for OU except for Bedlam. And yeah, between injuries and inexperience, OSU had a miserable season. Things are looking up for next year! So glad you enjoyed COWGIRLS! I wanted people to Gibbs Slapβ„’ so when he finally “got it”, it was all the sweeter. πŸ™‚

• Ashlynn says:

I need to try and sort that GR thing out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

• Ashlynn says:

And tell me whos next on the Red Dirt schedule??

You’re welcome. I couldn’t find it at first and had to go looking because I hadn’t updated and it looks like the darn thing won’t automatically update this year either. I’ll check that out when I have a few extra minutes to try my Google-foo.

Next up on Red Dirt is Cord’s story, coming in April. I’m working on Clay’s story, which is #3. I think it will happen but nothing definite at the moment. πŸ™‚

3. Monday’s usually just another day for me – unless I have an appointment and then it’s all like your meme. Like this morning when I had to run the cat to the vet before the freakin’ sun even came up. Ugh. And when I left the vet’s office, I had to go east – right into sunrise. Stupid burning ball of hate. Bleh.

Yay for Cowgirls being out in the world! And yay for the real OSU! (Let’ not talk about the travesty of the ebil OSU.)

I’ve been up since three with a 20 minute ‘nap’ in there somewhere. I’m so not ready to roll.

Ugh. That was me Saturday night/Sunday morning. I purposely didn’t take a nap Sunday afternoon and I was STILL up until 2 a.m. this morning. πŸ˜› Insomnia sucks. At least I was rereading a book I enjoy–I’m rereading at least the first two books in Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series.

Ebil OSU just pisses me off. For reelz!

4. Back to day job after being off 2wks* face plant into pile on desk and my box of put it there so I can find it* they were like we did all this–didn’t show them what all I printed and monitored on email–(changed pw months ago to keep they from being nosey busy bodies) *yeap they called you changed your pw–duh* felt like I chased my tail all day *frowns*
    Congrats on release day manna! I never got a chance to look at my phone today!
    Well tomorrow is tuesday so weekend is coming again!!