Monday – Time to Saddle Up

Friday face - notHow can it be Monday again?!? *sigh* Ah well. There was a week last week. And a weekend. I was lazy. Over the weekend anyway. Last week I mostly worked and hid from social media because I needed a break from it. I always need a break from it. I sort of miss the old days but then again, I wouldn’t have cool friends like y’all to hang out with so…

Anyway.

I finished the latest go-round of revisions/changes on Red Dirt Royalty #3 and sent it off late Friday afternoon to New York. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that 3rd time is the charm and Mr. Harlequin Editor likes the new story line. The good news is, Georgie Dreyfus, the heroine, keeps evolving. I really like her personality now. This is the problem–for me at least–of working in proposals. My process is refined as it goes. I can toss out an idea and by the time I’m done with a final rough draft (the one that goes to my critique partner and beta reders), it barely resembles that original idea. But, that’s the way Harlequin works so I’m refining my process for them. Hopefully, I get it right one of these days. I also think I’ve finished the Sooper Sekrit Project. I need to get my beta reader to look it over. Today, though, after a round of errands, I’m diving back into MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS. I’m behind but should be catching up this week. I’m looking at a mid-to-late February release on it, digitally anyway. Yes, it’ll be out in print, too.

Reading. Doing lots of that. Yay for insomnia. Not. I’m halfway through my RITA books. ‘Nuff said. I’m also meandering my way through the In Death series. I need to take a break from it here in a few days to I can reread the first two Vlad books by Jeaniene Frost. Well…crude. I need to reread them like NOW because the 3rd in the series comes out tomorrow. *headdesk* Okay. Shifting gears on the reading front. 😆 I love being flexible.

Weather was weird. Warm. High winds. Grass fires. It’s that time of year. Sounds like the NE is getting a blizzard and SoCal had really bad Santa Ana winds. All in all, I’d say Mother Nature is PMSing. How is it in your neck of the woods?

Read anything good? Do anything fun? Eat anything worth discussing? We mostly did fast food or scrounged leftovers. Yeah, it was that kind of weekend. OH! Who watched SONS OF LIBERTY on the History Channel? Thoughts?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Monday – Time to Saddle Up

1. Lazy weekend sounds like a good idea. Then again, every day is a weekend, and being lazy over the course of two days isn’t that big a stretch for me. Fingers crossed for RDR3! And yay for you finishing your sekrit project!

The weather here has been mild. A little overcast and bleh yesterday, but no biggie. Nothing much going on over here. Just preparing for publication – which is the track my mind has been stuck in lately. Had cereal for dinner Saturday and frozen pizza last night. I didn’t watch Sons of Liberty, but their commercials confuse me. Revolutionary War story with the song Paint it Black in the background? Totally brain jarring for me. We watched Alaska: The Last Frontier. Those Kilchers are an awesome bunch of people.

SoL is rather interesting in a…historical movie of the week mini-series sort of way. The actors are very appealing, the soundtrack is by Hans Zimmer and it’s mostly condensed down and focused on Sam Adams. Obviously, they leave a whole bunch out bur its for entertainment, not the classroom. 🙂

It was warm yesterday and going to 74 today. Weather ’round here is so freaking weird. LOLOL

2. Ashlynn says:

Glad you’re getting your Red Dirt books sorted. I applaud you for writing for harlequin. I don’t think I could do it.

I read RAZE by Tillie Cole. Can we say, INTENSE? Wow. Not a fun easy read for sure. But very good and very gritty. I’ve also read UNEXPECTED EDEN by Rhenna Morgan. That is one cool idea and story line. That is a book you could get into, Silver. (I hope I hadn’t already told you that, I never can remember who I tell what)

This week…I’m chewing off my nails. Scared to freakin’ death and I’m sure you can see me sweating from here. Thursday. And BOOM FUEL is out. *hides under my desk*

Well I moved over the weekend so I’ve lived on fast food since Wednesday. I got my room set up, guest room has all furniture arranged and kitchen is a work in progress. Once I get all the clean dishes (had to wash everything) put away, I’ll feel good about the kitchen. Next up is taking care of the library/3rd bedroom. That will take much longer than anything else I’ve done over the weekend. I’m thinking it will take months to get set up how I want it.

Look at you, Ms. HOMEOWNER! I’m so happy for you. After you get through the hassle of moving, unpacking, and getting settled, you’ll have a great time making the space your own. I won’t mention that we’ve been in this house almost 20 years and it’s still not set up the way I want it. *ducks and runs* … *bwhahahahhahaha* 😀

4. nikidaninger says:

UGH – I think I just sweat off a few pounds reading all that. You are one busy lady. Wish I had 1/2 your motivation!!!
    Not much going on here. I did manage to get up a WordPress site but not much will be happening with it right now. I’m hoping to here back about a possible sekrit project of my own but I’m not holding my breath … could be good for me or wreck me totally *YIKES*

Anyhoo, here’s the addy if you want to stop by and have a look-see: https://nikidaninger.wordpress.com/

Will definitely check out the new site and add it to my RSS feed! 🙂

I wish my motivation was simply the clamor of characters’ voices in my head. Sadly, writing is now a job. If I want to get paid–and therefore pay bills–I have to write. Luckily, the characters and Iffy usually cooperate. Usually. 😉