Thursday Thoughts – Universal Kismet

universeHave you ever stopped to wonder why a person entered your life at a particular point? Almost as if you needed that person’s particular talent or their presence at that moment.

People tend to wander into and out of my life and I suspect that the same things happen when I appear in the sphere of other people. I was thinking about this the other day during a conversation about childhood friends. I didn’t have many. I tended to be a loner–the weird kid with the overactive imagination, far too content to live in my made-up worlds than interact in reality. I had acquaintances. I had teammates because I was active in sports. But I was far happier riding my horse alone, reading my books, or creating elaborate worlds and peopling them with characters who became my friends. Hey, I told you I was the weird kid.

But then I grew up. I made friends, and I began to see patterns. People come and go in my life and yes, as the Universe alludes, it’s right freaky. 😉

Haven’t you noticed, Silver?

The right people always find each other at the right time.

Relax,
The Universe
© http://www.tut.com ®

Yeah, Silver, it’s freaky.

Thank you all for sticking around in my life, for showing up here even though I’m the weird kid. And yes, each of you have entered my life at just the right time. I hope you feel the same way about me. Now, who made coffee? I have Nightriders to wrangle and I’m feeling a bit blood-thirsty today. 😀

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Thursday Thoughts – Universal Kismet

1. Weird kids rock! If you and I had been in the same place at the same time, we might’ve been friends – if either one of us could put our books down long enough to associate. My best friend growing up was the dog. And, of course, the people I made up in my head. Now? I have my husband for IRL friendship and my online friends. Reading your post this morning made me realize something – my friendships with you, JB, and Janet are the longest running friendships I’ve had in almost 20 years.

I’m glad we drifted into each other’s lives. :hugs:

I have coffee. Strong coffee. I’m gonna need it today. Go kick butt. Me? I’ll be wrangling edits so you all can read about Dennis and Jillian next month without wanting to gag over the word handling.

I’m VERY glad the internet insured our lives intersected, B.E. And hell. Iffy just sat up and said “OOH!” No, no, bad Iffy! I do not have time for new ideas for a SciFi story.

Coffee, STAT. And many words to write today. Singing LALALALALALA. And yes, I’m thankful that you, Janet, and the others are in my life. Now and always!

I’m here – and absolutely 100% believe The Universe (always have). I also believe the people who come into our lives and stay, no matter the situation or where we are in our growth as human beings are the ones who are truly our supporters/cheerleaders/sounding boards/FRIENDS. The others are meant to teach us something important,whether it be as inspiration or an insight into something in ourselves that we need to address (I try hard to tune into new people who ‘irk’ me because that ‘irksome’ trait is most likely something in myself I need to address – like being late all the time).

Anyway, blabbing on. I, too, am very happy I found you – you are an inspiration, Silver! You will be one of those people who will stay with me – a FRIEND!

A part of me marvels that people who have never met face-to-face, who have never even spoken to each other except in text can create such strong bonds. The other part clings to the miracle of it all. Friends. Yes.

And there’s a thought from the Universe about those irksome people. I don’t remember if I posted it or if it’s still in my files for use at a future date. I’ll have to look for it. The bit U definitely agrees with you on that point. But then I’ve always known you’re smart. 😉

3. Ashlynn says:

I was a loner too. For different reasons, but still a loner. My friends were rarely girls, honestly. Mostly guys. I was into mechanics and cars, not something that really endears you to GFs– and romance novels. (told you I was weird) Not until I started writing did I get real girl friends. Linda, Nichol, you and Jen. I’ve known you girls over 5 years. Crazy huh? Other than my hubs, gotta admit that is the longest I’ve been friends with a girl. lol

And you girls are THE BEST!

Yeah. I grew up a tomboy. All the kids in the neighborhood were boys except for one girl and she was…a magnolia. Her mother was southern gentry and she was raised to be a hot-house flower. Me? I played army, baseball, football, and caught crawdads in the creek. The girls in school were mostly acquaintances.

Wow. Five years? Has it been that long? I’ve lost all sense of passing time when it comes to keeping track. I wonder if it’s because I’m old… Or maybe I’ve finally learned how to live in the here and now. And right back atcha on being THE BEST! 😀

4. Normal is overrated!!
    We will always love,support and be there for and with you–Silver!!!!

What Janet said about peeps who come into our lives and stay no matter how things get–hit the nail on the head. There are some who l’ve known for years, work with for years–but those like you ladies and others like on FB–have my back and cheer me own and we haven’t know each other long!! But your family– *insert hugs* 
    Some have come in, dropped some baggage and exited stage left–some I let good from my life because they were toxic–but I have learned lessons.
    Have a great day everyone. =)

Absolutely, Kimber! It’s the special ones who come into our lives and decide to stick around no matter what. And yes, we often turn them into what I call “heart” family–the family we get to pick out for ourselves.

The weird kids have to stick together. 😉

I’ve always believed people come in and out of your life for a reason. I’ve been very blessed by those people who have stayed in my life through all the good and the bad. I figure the ones who never stuck around weren’t really supposed to be there for long. I’m super blessed by all my online friends. Some I’ve been lucky enough to meet in person while others I just talk to online each day. Still know they are all in my life for good reason and I treasure each and every person.

Liza, I often wonder how lonely some of us would be had it not been for the internet. It gives us a chance to connect with others when there would be very little likelihood of meeting up in real life. I haven’t forgotten that you were the very first person to ever visit my blog and here you remain, all these years later. I’m so lucky you stuck around! (And I can’t wait to see you in NYC!)