Monday Meanderings

IgnoreMondayCatI cleaned out a lot of my DVR files this weekend. GAME OF THRONES! OMG! This is going to be a crazy season. Several OKRWA members got into a discussion at lunch on Saturday about it. General consensus? Tyrion is hot! And by association, or because of, so is Peter Drinklage, the actor who portrays “The Imp.” OUTLANDER! OMGWTF?!?! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I’m gobsmacked. That’s all I’m going to say. Well…that and Jamie has a fine, FINE ass.

Maybe favorite “new” show is iZombie. I’m not a zombie aficionado, but this show on the CW has smartly written, three-dimensional characters for all the graphic novel tone of the show. Premise: Over-achieving medical intern is scratched by a zombie and turned. She takes a job as the assistant ME because morgue…brains. Oh, and zombie taste buds are dead like them so they eat hot sauce on everything. Anyway, our intrepid young zombie gets psychic flashes of the murdered victims whose brains she eats so she teams up with a homicide detective who believes her to be psychic. It’s fun. Don’t judge me. BITTEN is also back and da-yam! Now if LOST GIRL would just start with the new season!

I’m reading books the RITA finals, therefore I can’t speak about what I’m reading. I will say I’m going to have an awful time judging. Yes, the books ARE that good!!!

What TV shows/movies are you watching? Any good books? Not that I have time but I’m always looking to add to the ol’ TBR pile! ๐Ÿ˜€

And one last meander… Trying to decided my next project. With luck, NIGHT SHIFT will be out in a couple of weeks but while I’m waiting on beta reads and edits, I’m looking to get started on my next project. I’d thought to start in on DOUBLE CROSS, book 1 of the Hard Target series. But then the characters from Penumbra sat down to have coffee with me. Sinjen explained how I need to write THE DEVIL’S CUT, the next book in the series. Caleb is itching (And no, it is NOT fleas so sh’up, human!) to have his story told, and even Nikos poked me in the back, all the while daring Sinjen to do something. Jeez. Sade just threw up her hands and demanded another cafe a lait. Seriously. These characters are driving me nuts. So…weigh in on the discussion. Which project should come next? I can’t guarantee to go with the general consensus but I’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter…

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Monday Meanderings

1. Don’t hate me, but I don’t watch any of those shows. Some how or other I got away from watching most fictional TV shows. Just reruns of Bones on TNT. The only shows I watch regularly are the murder mysteries – 48 Hours, Dateline, Murder Book, Homicide Hunter, Cold Justice, etc. Oh, and I’ve taken to vegging out with episodes of The Love Boat. Ah, the nostalgia. The stuff they do on there we could never get away with today. LOL

I’d love to see you start Hard Target, but if the Penumbra characters are demanding attention, they probably won’t shut up long enough for you to work on HT.

Yesterday, I tried reading a suspense novel I started last week. I got two pages in and had to stop because I couldn’t turn off my internal editor. Now I’m reading a wacky book called Fat Vampire – about this 350 lb guy who gets turned and whatever your body looks like when you get turned is the body you keep for eternity. So far, it’s cute. All that matters is Ms. Internal Editor is shocked into silence and I’m happy again.

I often can’t read in the genre I’m writing at that moment for the same reason–I want to rewrite the story in my voice, etc. ๐Ÿ˜† Good thing I’m a cross-genre writer, right! ๐Ÿ˜€ I watch some of those shows, too, but I do TV like I do books and movies, I watch to escape reality. (Though I admit to switching over to the cop reality to sleep to when I have insomnia. Don’t ask, but they put me right out! LOLOL)

Hard Target was next in line. Maybe I’ll work on it and then break when Sade and crew interrupt… ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Ashlynn says:

I have no idea what story you need to write. SOO much help, right? I’m too busy arguing with Ryan about him not telling me anything important. Except he let something slip last night. So maybe I can really dig into his brain today. (quit laughing, Ryan!!) I swear, I thought he’d be the easy one to write. Seriously!!

Read your Cowgirl book… OMG love Cord!! He really wanted to be all tough and stuff but such a softie really. hehe Although I do love it when he clocks his ole man. *snickers*

I read Tami Lund Into the Light… great book! You would like it. Wolves and another race… very unique. And the hero…yums!

I didn’t get to watch Outlander Sat. I was ill…damn Monster. UGH. But I’ve read the book so I know what happens. Hard to shock when I’ve read it at least 3 times. Still, seeing it live is astounding and I LOVE the opening song. I sing with it everytime…even tho I can’t sing. ๐Ÿ˜›

As soon as the soundtrack for Outlander released, I snatched it up! It. Is. AWESOME! Now I need to write some Highlanders. LOLOL

I’m leaning toward HT because it was scheduled next. And maybe I’ll fall back on the flash fiction challenges I do to add to TDC. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do have the feeling it will be next!

3. I don’t do TV TV at all any more*strange I know* I choice internet over cable many years back!
    I bought the last CLS @ BN Saturday–pimped you to the cashier also!!!
    I vote for the Seals get those flippers moving-get them out of the gate as you are doing with the bikers.
    I have several books to read in release date limbo-but I picked up Shelly Laurenston 1st book in her new series “The Unleashing” with any new series you get some background and I’ll be honest Norse Mythology I’m lacking. So I got a bit lost the first chapter, but then I figured it out. If you Read her–that wit is there as always.
    Well have a great day . =)

Not strange at all, Kimber! We don’t do movie theaters or other types of “outside” entertainment. Internet is a business expense for us so cable comes out of our entertainment budget. Well, that and Amazon for books! I am trying to use the library more often though. ๐Ÿ˜† Speaking of, I need to check on the book I ordered.

I really enjoyed Laurenston’s shifter books. She does have a witty voice. Keep us posted on how her new series goes. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sade!!! I was going to ask you the other day when I would get to spend time with Sade and crew again!

Never watched GOT and have to wait for free Starz weekend to see Outlander. I did however get within about 10 feet of Diana Gabaldon on Saturday. She was at the Southern Kentucky Book Fest on Saturday. I didn’t stand in her line to get books signed as I haven’t read the series, but did love her chat before she did the signing.

๐Ÿ˜† Liza! Sade is pouting because this book is about Caleb and Sinjen is whispering sweet nothings and offering coffee. Maybe I’ll try an experiment and write them simultaneously. Because I really miss the Penumbra crew, too!

Saw your FB posts and pics from the SKBF! Looks like you had a blast!