Monday Reveal

Coffee MondayLike sands through the hourglass–or coffee through my veins, Monday relentlessly marches in each week. I had a weekend. Well, a Saturday anyway. We met Only and Stormageddon around the corner from Lawyer Guy’s office. Several months ago, a friend’s Native American Art and Jewelry gallery was completely destroyed by fire. She found space about a block away from the old location and her grand opening was Saturday. Several natives were there to celebrate with flutes, drums, and sage blessings. It was a fun morning and I was thrilled to discover some of her artifacts survived. I’ll talk about Grandfather Chair one of these days. I’ll have to get a picture from Only so you can see what I’m talking about.

I bought my plane tickets for NYC yesterday. I caught some low prices on Southwest and jumped on them. I saved close to $100. Some travel guru said the best time to buy tickets is 45 days before the flight. I’ll check that day too but I don’t think Southwest plays by the same algorithms. Which is fine. I’m happy with the price I paid.

Double Cross final 680Sunday was focused on writing. DOUBLE CROSS is this *holds up thumb and index finger squeezed together* close to completion and it’ll be going out to my CP and beta readers soon. Like today. Maybe. Today is the deadline I set for myself. I’ll be uploading the draft and the cover to Amazon so I can get it up for pre-order. Yes, I’ll be sharing the link. πŸ˜‰

For those of you who haven’t seen it on Facebook, here’s the cover. I’m still working on the blurb. Have I mentioned I HATE writing blurbs? Yeah. No really. I do. *shudder* That’s pretty much my life at the moment. Hours spent at the keyboard with no real break in sight, including my NYC trip. It’ll be a working one, even beyond the RWA conference.

Who did something fun this weekend? Who didn’t? *raises both hands* Okay. Actually, the way DC is shaking out, it’s pretty fun. And the closing scene is already written. How awesome is that?!? πŸ˜€

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Monday Reveal

1. Rachel says:

That’s a nice cover! I like it. πŸ™‚ I also love the quote about Monday at the beginning of the post.

2. I was going to say something sarcastic and witty about writing blurbs, but my creativity meter is showing empty. Pretty pretty cover, though.

I spent the weekend watching my sales data and reading. I now have pretty pretty spreadsheet charts and colorful bits denoting when I did what marketing so I can see how it relates to sales. (Yeah, basically I was playing.) Hubs and I tagteam mowed the front half of the yard – other half today. Since I never mow, I’m feeling it today. And I comfort read a Phyllis Whitney novel.

That’s way awesome, Silver. Congratulations!

OMG! Phyllis A. Whitney!!! I used to love her books. She ranked right up there with Mary Stewart. I must check the library for titles. When I have free time to read. Like…next year. πŸ˜† So far, the cover seems to be hit. Totally not a typical romance cover, which I think is kinda cool and different. πŸ˜‰

I really love the cover!

Had an awesome weekend. My sister and youngest niece came in and we had lunch at Maggiano’s on Saturday before seeing Newsies with aunts and cousins. Then yesterday we took my niece to the 2nd day of the grand opening of the American Girl Store in Nashville. I’m not completely broke, but she had the best time ever! She is 11, so I figure this might be the last chance to have this type of day. Although as they were telling us about the new doll coming out at the end of August, she was planning her return trip. Plus we are seeing 5 plays next season together.

Your niece is a very lucky young lady to have you for an aunt, Liza. Just sayin’… πŸ˜€ I think it’s awesome y’all go to plays and musicals together! The Only never really got into dolls in general or the American Girl dolls, specifically. Of course, we spent a small fortune on softball gear so…no comment. πŸ˜‰

4. Ashlynn says:

Love the cover! It’s different, and I’m a fan of different. Knowing you, you will hit your deadline with nps. Me, I keep missing mine, starting with DirtSlap #4. As you read on my blog, taking a break from it and doing something else.

All I know is I SEE SUN! OMG do we need to dry out. We step outside and all we smell is musty odor water. It’s just gross. Not to mention the pups are just a mess! Keeping the house clean is impossible. Here’s to sun and Welcome to JUNE! — holy cow…already??? (freaks just a lil)

Thanks, Ash! I love the new/old project you’re shifting to. Can’t wait to read it and DS#4 will work itself out in its own time. πŸ˜‰ We had sun a couple of time and there’s even some blue sky behind the high clouds today to go with the sunshine. I’m ready. We have good drainage but OMG the mosquitos! And yeah…JUNE! (freaks a lot! πŸ˜† )

5. siobhanmuir says:

I love the cover, Silver. Have I told you how much I love the cover? Yeah, love it. I was at Arizona Dreamin’ and lost my voice, but hey, I met some great readers, cool authors, and handsome men while down there. It was a good time overall. Now if I could just get my ears to equalize… πŸ™‚

Gee, I think you’ve mentioned loving the cover. πŸ˜‰ And I’m so happy you had a good time at AZ Dreamin’! Missed you but glad you are back safe and sound and here’s hoping the ears have popped by now. I hate when that happens! πŸ˜›