1. Stormageddon (aka Sprout) got his first haircut this weekend. We had to have a family lunch to celebrate.
2. Stormy has learned to say “PEAS!” while rubbing his chest in the ASL sign for “please.” TOO CUTE!!! No. Really.
3. One week from about the time this went live this morning, I’ll be on my way to the airport to leave for NYC. I told Lawyer Guy he should come home and go back to bed after he drops me off at departures. LOL Good news is, I’ll be in NYC around noon.
4. I’m getting NRCA stuff ready for the trip.
5. I’m getting MY stuff ready for the trip–swag, etc.
6. I’m NOT getting RDR#3 finished. This is a bad thing. I may disappear this week. I’m stuck in a transition scene and I don’t know how to make it compelling. I don’t have time to dither about it. As LaNora says, you can’t fix a blank page.
7. I’m teaching a class at OKRWA on Saturday (postponed from May when we cancelled the meeting) and I’m putting together materials for it–materials I didn’t put together because we cancelled the meeting well in advance and I figured, hey TWO MONTHS! *headdesk*
I’m sure there’re more excuses on my list but I can’t find it for all the stuff stacked up in my office. Plus, I have to buy new shoes. And maybe new boots. I’d love to wear my cowboy boots but the two pairs I have are meant for riding and sitting not walking. Gotta find a comfortable pair. Wish someone made them with memory foam like they do running shoes. 😆
I’ll be very hit and miss around the intrawebz this week unless some miracle happens. And just so y’all don’t worry, I will be back before I leave, but in case not–like I get on a major roll on the WIP–you can keep up with my travels on FB, Twitter, and Instagram. Blue is going with me and I’m going to try to include pictures of him during our travels He is far more photogenic than I am. 😉 Provided, of course, that can I figure out how to post to those places from my iPhone.
So, let me ask this. If you had a friend going to NYC, what would you like ’em to bring back? Cuz, you know, newsletter giveaways… 😀