I’m not sure I have the patience to actually make this but my mouth is watering! This looks absolutely fabulous, especially if you are a chocolate lover! And wouldn’t it be pretty served with champagne for a romantic New Year’s party?
Here is what you’ll need!
MILLE CREPE CAKE
6 tablespoons (100 grams) butter
3 cups (675 milliliters) milk
1½ cups (210 grams) flour
⅔ cup (80 grams) cocoa powder
7 tablespoons (105 grams) sugar
4 cups (1 liter) whipped cream
1 cup (225 milliliters) heavy cream
4 tablespoons (200 grams) sugar
6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate
1 tablespoon (15 grams) butter
¼ cup (40 grams) powdered sugar, optional for topping
1. Make the crepes by warming melting the butter and allowing it to brown slightly. Set aside.
2. In the same pot, warm the milk. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix in eggs, then gradually mix in butter and warm milk. Chill.
4. On a nonstick skillet over medium heat, pour ¼ cup of crepe batter, and tip the pan to cover the entire bottom surface. Cook until bottom surface of crepe begins to brown, then flip. Repeat until all of the crepe batter is used. Cool crepes.
5. Stack crepes on top of each other, with whipped cream between each layer. Once assembled, trim edges for a cleaner look, if desired.
6. For the ganache, bring the heavy cream and sugar to a boil, and pour over chocolate and butter. Let cool, and spread over the crepe cake.
7. Top with sifted powdered sugar (optional).
You can watch the video to see how it’s done. 🙂