Monday Lateness

I’m not sure of making the suckitude less but I shall endeavor. 😆

Yes, It’s Monday–the last Monday of the month, in fact. Where did June go? And the year is almost half over? Yikes! So…

There was a weekend. I did a little yard work Interesting, right? Yeah, I know. The glamorous life of a romance author. Said life is on-going. I’m going to get my Muse in gear this week. No. Seriously. Stop laughing! 😉

As to what I did over the weekend, beyond putzing in the yard, I listened to a couple more books in the Guildhunter/Archangel series by Nalini Singh. The latest book comes out in July and I wanted to catch up on the whole story arc. Nalini is amazing when it comes to weaving multiple threads into her series. I want to be her when I grow up. (Yeah, yeah! I know I’m almost old enough to be her mother…) Anyway, I’m currently on ARCHANGEL’S SHADOWS which means I’m almost done. Next up will be a read of Jennifer Lyon’s SAVAGED DREAMS.

I don’t want to talk about the Cardinals. I have a big ol’ sad there. They did manage to beat the Pirates last night so there won’t be a sweep but dang… Also, TCU, the last Big 12 team in the College World Series went home Saturday. At least they got to the semi-finals of the CWS and made Florida work for their spot in the finals. LSU also beat #1 seed Oregon State to play in the finals. Geaux Tigers!

TV. Lawyer Guy and I watched a movie. A zombie movie. Set in the Alps. With extreme snowboarders. *squints eyes shut* What has been seen cannot be unseen. “Attack of the Zombie Lederhosen.” It was…like a trainwreck. We couldn’t look away. In fact, we stalled dinner to see the end. I…have no words. And no excuse.

That’s my update for today. Now it’s time to sort through email (I didn’t even turn on the computer yesterday!) and then I have to knuckle down. Today’s writing goal? A full chapter on Tucker’s story and at least a scene each on my other two projects. Daylight is burning far too fast for me to stay lazy!

What did y’all do this weekend? And what’s on your agenda for this week? We’ll compare notes when it’s over. 😆

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Monday Lateness

Venom’s book isn’t out until September. I have it on my review schedule for release day. I also have it on my kindle in case I get ahead in review books…never happens. However, can’t wait to see you next month at RWA!

You’re right! Wishful thinking on my part. What’s coming out the end of July? Hrmmm…Maybe something by Thea Harrison. I must look at my wish list. 😀 And YES! 30 days! Which hotel are you staying in? I’m at the Dolphin this year. Hopefully, less walking! 😆

• Liza says:

I haven’t gotten the final, final email. Was put in the Swan originally. So we will see if that stays.

I think I did get acknowledgement, but not from the hotel itself. I was in the Swan last time in Orlando. It’s nice, just all the stuff was held in the Dolphin so lots of walking back and forth, though the Swan had some cool places to eat. Are you going to the HQ party Friday night?

And, it was Thea Harrison I was thinking of, along with Ilona Andrews. They both have books coming out in July. LOL Too many preorders!

• Liza says:

I didn’t get an invite to the HQ party Friday night. 😦 We need to look at schedules to find time for drinks/coffee/a meal if possible.

Sounds like a plan! I did get my hotel confirmation and I’m at the Dolphin. I’m actually sort of flexible for the most part. Tuesday and Wednesday are busy. I’m waiting to hear on a couple of things. But we will DEFINITELY get together!

Sorry you won’t be going to the HQ party. I’m not “cool enough” to get a “plus 1” or I’d take you. I was hoping you’d be going so we could share a cab. And spend time together! 😆

• Liza says:

I think they crack down a bit more on the party to just have authors and pubs there most years. I might still try to score an invite, but have very little hope of it happening.

2. Zombie lederhosen… ROFL…

Jenn’s book is made of awesome. Just sayin’. Fingers crossed you get all your stuffs done so you can read.

Here? The usual, which is to say about as exciting as your weekend, I guess. On the agenda, get this edit pass done and move onto a deep scour before this book is due at JC’s. Anything else will have to be dealt with as it comes. No plans.