Blow Off Monday

So, there was a weekend. And a last week. And a this week. My brain doesn’t want to switch on. I blew off Sunday and setting up the blog for today. And I slept late this morning. Anytime I make it until 7:00 a.m., that’s sleeping in for me. Stuff happened last week. Stuff happened this weekend. Stuff will happen this week.

As y’all know, we now have four furry children–two cats, one each, and two part Newfs, both male. Adidas and I are now outnumbered. Good thing we are the alpha females around this joint. 😉 Jake is settled–for the most part. He’s still trying to figure out Boone, and vice-versa. He won’t come into my office when Boone is in here. I hope that changes much sooner than later. He’s learned that he is welcome on my bed and takes advantage. 🙂 Loki is a ninja cat. Woke up this morning to find he’d escaped the kitten nursery and was running amok. This would be fine if he’d consistently use the litter box. We’ve MacGuyvered things hoping to keep him contained until he’s potty trained. Deeders has moved from the end of the couch/under the Christmas tree (which we never seem to take down or move 🙄 ) to under my bed. Jake ignores her, except to steal her food bowl. He very gently picks it up, carries it to his bed in the dining room (his preferred place to sleep–wood floor, air vents and the ceiling fan), licks it clean and then buries it in the blanket we through on top of the doggy bed. Jake LOVES to ride in the car. We gook him to Stormageddon’s T-ball game. You’d think he was a service dog he was so good. He’s been a perfect gentleman in our house. I still can’t believe four owners either abandoned or returned him. Grrrr 😡 No matter. Jake is home now and very much loved!

Writing? What’s that?

Not a good weekend for baseball. 😦

LIVE PD helps keep me sane.

Weather was crazy. I spent most of Thursday without power. Sunday morning, we had monsoon rains again, and lost power for a little, hense my blowing off everything. I napped. A lot. I’m so tired of being tired.

Wending my way through Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series. I’m almost up to WOLF RAIN, the new release. I ❤ this series.

The house across the street went on the market last week and the sold sign is already up. I'll be curious as to the new neighbors.

There was something else I was going to comment on but for the life of me, I can't remember. If the thought comes back, I'll write it down. In the meantime, I have lots of work to do. *sigh* How was your weekend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Blow Off Monday

1. You slept in, I woke up at 3 am, and couldn’t get back to sleep. I see a long nap in my future.
    As of 5pm june 7th, I am now officially on vacay!! What am I going to do on vacay, besides be glad to be be away from the dayjob.
    I fly out to San Diego tomorrow!!! Woot!
    I passed on RWA this year in New York.
    Its been triple digits so Ill be loving me the weather, suppose to have a balcony🤞
    Wrote this weekend, saving 2 books for the trip, my washer shake, rattled and didn’t roll. So will look into to replacement when I get back. Glad the furry babies are getting along.
    Speaking of new neighbors, it will be his aunt, 10yr daughter and himself,I have a Harley he tells me so Ill try to keep it down. I told his aunt I read motorcycle club romance that wont bother me =)
    Well thats it from here, just got my boarding pass.
    Have a great week Silver

Safe trip and have fun! San Diego is a wonderful place to visit. I so enjoyed being there with RWA several years ago. You’re probably already on your way, as I’m slow getting around to replying. I understand about NYC. I’m only going because Only is going with me. 🙂 Enjoy your vacay! ❤

2. KB Gardener says:

Silver,
    I can tell you had a rough weekend. Mine was better. Due to a slight case of poverty, I drove Uber/Lyft all weekend when not at the day job (which, for once, WAS a day job!) With the St. Francis Health Systems Tulsa Tough bicycle races going on all weekend, it made for some good fares. My favorite from the weekend was a couple of women going to a wedding reception at the Southern Hills Country Club. We had just passed the gatehouse and up the long driveway when I had to stop to allow a gaggle of geese to cross the road. There were three adult geese herding about 5-6 goslings. One adult was at the head, the second was in the middle of the pack of goslings, and the third was at the end. as the middle adult reached the right side of the roadway, the goslings turned to face my car, apparently fascinated by the big gray beast sitting there watching them. The “rear guard” adult craned its neck down to shoo the goslings along and they quickly exited the roadway, allowing me to continue. The ladies in the back were oohing and awing all the time. It’s little moments like this that remind me I need to invest in a good dash cam!

Awwww. Goslings are so dang cute! Actually, my weekend wasn’t too bad, but totally lazy and the tireds caught up to me. Plus, new furry children to get acclimitized. 🙂

I totally get the need for extracurricular jobs. I’m sorta keeping my eye out for something I can do from home. Hang in there and hope to see you down this way sooner than later!

3. Evelyn Duerr Ryan says:

Is there a difference between weekdays and weekends any more? Either way, I am at the nursing home with hubby at some point(s) every day.
    I’m exhausted. I was there until 230am Fri/Sat and went home and slept until 8, when the cat woke me up because I slept thru the alarm. Sunday, Bubba woke me up at 7am, hacking up who knows what. So I did two loads of laundry, and at 9 mowed the lawn, then power washed it and the cars. Finally made it to brunch at 1 and then shopping, then back to the nursing home. Never did have dinner.
    And it starts all over again today.

❤ ❤ ❤ Your devotion to Big J is what love is all about. My life isn't nearly as stressful as yours! Hang in there and don't forget you need to have some self-care as well. Burn-out is no bueno. ❤ you!

4. Totally missed this yesterday. Not sure why other than by the time this posted, I was already off doing stuffs.

I’m kinda brain dead today. Hitting the spreadsheets early and now I’m all like bleh. Silly Jake. Sillier Loki. They’ll settle in. Yay for Live PD. Boo for power outages.

The weekend here was quiet. The usual. I’m pretty boring these days. Loads of reading, but not much else going on.

I was late posting it and you might have seen it on the FB author page and blanked. 😉 I did get about 1200 words written yesterday. Not nearly enough but something. I gotta get off the blah horse and get to work. And sometimes? The brain just needs an extended vacation. The problem comes when the brain needs to refocus. I’m still workin’ on that. 😉

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )