Welcome to November. Which is also the first day of National Novel Writing Month (NaNo or NaNoWriMo for short). I’ve done my time in 50K hell since 2006. Not sure if I’ll do it this year. Guess I should decided, huh? Anyway. Today is all about tricks and treats. Especially treats. When Only was home and doing the whole trick-r-treat thing, we always bought the “good’ candy–the stuff that we’d eat should we have any left over. You know, like Hersey’s Miniatures, Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers. Anything with nuts and chocolate guaranteed to leave us in a sugar coma and with a candy hangover the next day. Then she grew up, moved out, and we got fat and old and realized we shouldn’t eat the leftovers. We bought the cheap stuff and the last few kids at the door got handfulls and the one who hit at the stroke of times-up-turning-off-the-light got whatever was left in the bowl dumped into their bag. Sadly, the neighborhood has aged. No kids to come ring the doorbell (or if they do, they’ve been teens NOT in costume and one year carrying handguns. Amazing what the sound of a Mossburg shotgum being pumped does to put them flying down the sidewalk. That was our last year for leaving the lights on.). Anyway, Halloween leftovers made awesome snacking while reading scary books or watching scary movies on Halloween night. Here’s a little Post-Halloween quiz for you (with my answers in parentheses after the questions).
- Favorite Halloween candy? (Snickers, Peanut M&Ms, or Reeces Peanut Butter Cup)
- Favorite snacking candy while reading or watching scary stuffs? (Hersey’s Miniatures–bite sized so no chocolaty mess on book pages or tablet.
- While reading or TV watching, candy or popcorn? (Definitely popcorn.)
- Popcorn: butteres or flavored? (Buttered. Caramel corn is okay but I just like hot movie theatre style popcorn).
- Spooky entertainment: books or movies? (Movies to begin with, book at bedtime)
- Scary spooky or silly spooky? (Definietly silly)
- Favorite scary book? (It’s a toss-up between Joe Hill’s “The Fireman” and Bram Stoker’s “Dracula.”)
- Favorite Halloween movie? (Probably “Practical Magic.”)
- Would you go ghost hunting if you got the chance? (Been there, done that, would definitely go again!)
- And final question, have you ever scared yourself silly? (Definitely. College. Trip to the local haunted cemetery. Two of the guys fell into an open grave. And we hadn’t even been drinking! 🤣 )
And that’s my tricks for your treats today. I’d love to read your answers either here or over on FB where I know a lot of you respond after zipping over here to check out the full post, of which I am most appreciative. Happy Halloween Hangover.
Favorite Halloween candy? Twizzlers or Butterfinger
Favorite snacking candy while reading or watching scary stuffs? Don’t like scary stuff, but will eat licorice while reading
While reading or TV watching, candy or popcorn? Popcorn
Popcorn: butteres or flavored? I like buttered, but won’t turn down caramel corn flavored
Spooky entertainment: books or movies? Not a spooky fan, but if pressed, will read books
Scary spooky or silly spooky? Silly spooky, scary spooky keeps me more awake at night than I already am
Favorite scary book? No scary books
Favorite Halloween movie? It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Would you go ghost hunting if you got the chance? Maybe
And final question, have you ever scared yourself silly? Yes. One day I was in bed reading and forgot my arm was over my head. I brushed against my hair and it fell on my face and I thought it was a spider. Never moved so fast in my life.
Okay. I am so totally NOT laughing AT you for the scared silly. I am cracking up though because I did something similiar, only I brushed up against the cat who’d climbed up on the headboard (it is wrapped in jute rope and Loki thinks that’s his high road across the bedroom). I had no clue he was there. I’ll admit I squeaked a little then started laughing. The cast was NOT amused. 🤣 And I like your choices on the other stuffs! I’m not that much into scary either so definitely coming down on the silly side. 😉
Favorite Halloween candy? Snickers
Favorite snacking candy while reading or watching scary stuffs? Dark chocolate peanut M&Ms
While reading or TV watching, candy or popcorn? Trail Mix
Popcorn: buttered or flavored? Flavored. Caramel is good. So is cheese.
Spooky entertainment: books or movies? Books don’t spook me, so movies.
Scary spooky or silly spooky? Silly spooky
Favorite scary book? The Stand
Favorite Halloween movie? It used to be Hocus Pocus, then Midler went off the deep end.
Would you go ghost hunting if you got the chance? Meh.
And final question, have you ever scared yourself silly? Not that I can remember
Yay for Snickers and trail mix! Agreed on Midler. Enjoyed the first one, didn’t bother with the second. Still enjoy “Practical Magic.” And “The Stand” is pretty darn scary! LOL