Monday Shrink-wrapped

Good thing I don’t have a deadline for blogging, huh? Did everyone survive the weekend? Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? I basically went off line and woke up this morning to almost 300 emails. *muppet flail* I’ve spend the entire morning catching up. *sigh*

Chapter day on Saturday was a lot of fun. I think my world-building class went over well, lunch is always tasty at the Museum Cafe, and our afternoon program was interesting. Learned a lot about Edgar Allen Poe and got a good quote to add to my collection:

The most poetical subject in the world is the death of a beautiful woman. ~Edgar Allen Poe.

Yes, it’s a rather dark quote but at the same time, it spoke to me so it goes in the quote book.

The weather Saturday was sunny and 75. The high temp Sunday? Only 40. Brrrr. Lawyer Guy and I cleaned house, which included getting the guest room cleaned and necessitated FIVE loads of bedding laundry. Don’t ask. I gave up and went back to bed. πŸ˜† But I read. More about that tomorrow.

Did you read a good book? See a movie? Do something fun? Hibernate?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Monday Shrink-wrapped

Love that quote! And, if it’s any consolation, it’s cold here, too (massive wind chill)!

Weekend: continued to fight the cold virus, ran 3 miles, read a ton, book club and haircut! Busy!!

You were busy! Glad you’re feeling a little better–at least enough to get 3 miles done. πŸ˜€ Are you going to share pics of the haircut? Huh? Huh? Inquiring minds want to see!

That’s a great quote.

We had snow Saturday and more is expected tonight. ((sigh)) I’m ready for Spring.

We had family over for lunch on Saturday and friends over for dinner Saturday night. We spent Sunday recovering, lol.

πŸ˜† I’d need a day to recuperate after all that company, too! That quote could have been said by anyone from Mickey Spillane to Stephen King. πŸ˜‰ But EAP is on to something.

3. bookwyrm217 says:

I went to Lunacon. Killed a case of hard cider Friday night (with help) and then Saturday, we killed a bottle of choco vine at a chocolate tasteing and that night i had a special invite to Maltcon- where we drink/sample single malt Scotch. The real stuff. The really good stuff. I watched my friend make “the face” drinking it, and I savored it. (I grew up on Jack). I now have a permanent invite whenever I am at the same place as one of the groups. I’m happy.

Dang, woman! I hope no one lights a match around you for a couple of days! πŸ˜†

Glad you had fun, and how cool to be a permanent invitee! I do love me the occasional single malt. πŸ˜€

I finished recovering from bronchitis over the weekend. Feeling much better now. Did get some reading in and am in a pretty awesome streak of killer books.

Anyone interested in winning some free EBooks, head over to my blog. Jessica Scott is giving away a set of her backlist to one lucky winner. I’ve read and loved all of her books so much!

Glad you are back on the road to recovery! Your “crud” has really hung on. 😦

I’ve got her books on the Fire. I must scroll back, find them on the carousel and read them!

5. I read several good books and watched a couple good movies. (Well, good movies to me.) I finally caught most of the newer Predators movie on TV, and I got the husband to sit down and watch the entire Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie with me. I love me some Godzilla.

I hope you didn’t collapse under the weight of all those emails. (I think only one of them was mine.) And that your weather gets back into the 70s and stays there. =o)

I liked Godzilla, but more for Jean Reno than for Matthew. LOL I thought it was an awesome remake!

You know, I’m starting to hate email almost as much as I hate the telephone. πŸ˜†