Spring Went Sproing

Yesterday, it was 57 degrees. Today, we’re supposed to hit the mid-sixties with a 60% chance of rain tonight. Uhm…two days ago, they were saying a rain/snow mix. Don’t you love spring weather? Of course, they’re talking a second storm this weekend with another chance of rain/snow mix. Fun stuff. 😛

Thinking today would be a good day to stay inside, I grabbed a couple of spring photos in the yard while I was out yesterday. Yeah, I could have done them this morning but… Yesterday, I played around with the photos and did some “fancy” processing on them. Back in the day, almost all of my photos were technical and forensic in nature. The Only is an amazing photographer and I wish I had her eye. I want to make time to develop my own, plus play around with some photography programs.

First, though, deadlines. I’m behind again so I think I’m going work instead. I’m a huge advocate of BICHOK but when not even the challenge of #1k1hr put words on the page, then I needed to back away. The book isn’t working–not completely. I’m noodling around with things in my mind, pushing the pieces this way and that looking for where they belong in the puzzle. Parts of it are just…bang on. Other parts? Yeah…not so much. So…jigsaw time. Remind me one of these days to do a more complete post on “The Puzzler”.

In the meantime, have some Spring. Those are daffodils outside my office window and blossoms on a volunteer peach tree in the front garden.

Daffodils1 3-13Peachtree2a 3-13

The images were modified in Picasa 3. The daffodils were altered with Lomo-ish, and the peach blossoms were made into a Polaroid print. Cool huh?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Spring Went Sproing

Flowers? You already have flowers blooming? Man – we’re covered in snow and there’s not a chance I’ll see flowers (except at the grocery store as I pass the flower department) anytime soon 😦

The photography may loosen up your writing brain – I’ve heard that focusing on another aspect of creativity when blocked with writing is a great way to let the imagination free to do its own thinking. Good luck with the process, Silver 🙂

Part of my problem is that I’m turning the Moonstruck books into novels at some point and the connecting chapters keep getting in the way. That’s what happened with BRIDE’S MOON. 😦

As for the photography, I have a wonderful *big* digital camera but I always seem to just take a photo with my iPhone. It is sort of fun to play with the special effects in the Picasa program. Which is free. 😀

Ooooh, pretty! So jealous you have flowers blooming. I hope this creative outlet helps you to sift through your writing in a way that provides the answers you’re searching for. Feel free to share more flowers with those of us who haven’t seen any yet. 😉

This has been a crazy weather year. I’m just hoping all the big storms stay away from us this spring. Looking out the window, I have the feeling we aren’t going to make that 66 degrees the weatherman promised yesterday. 😆

3. Sorry the book’s being uncooperative. But at least you have flowers. It’s still looking like winter here, and the weather’s being all weird. They were predicting a snowstorm for this weekend, now it’s rain (Fri), snow (Sat), sun (Sun). Bleh. Mother Nature is screwing with my yard sale schedule.

The pics are great, btw. I need to take some time and spend it with my camera. It’s been too long.

For once, the characters want to play nice. It’s my writer’s brain that keeps interfering. Whoever believes writing is easy needs to try it! Day in and day out. Then the rest of us who know can sit back and laugh at them. 😉

Yeah, that stuff coming your way is supposed to get us, too. That’s the rain/snow mix for this weekend. I’ll cross my fingers that the weather clears for your sale!

4. ev says:

My daffodils are up but not open. And my crocus. All are covered in snow, or were yesterday. Some melted today thanks to the sun. I think that was the sun anyway. Who knows what will happen this weekend. Hoping to someday be able to take down the rest of the Xmas lights. Or turn them back on.

😆 I say leave them up at this point. One year, we did red, white, and blue lights. Left ’em two years in a row. Turned the things on for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Oh, and New Year’s, but we always leave the lights up until after then.

I had one set of daffodils that bloomed early. The rest are just now starting. My crocuses croaked this year. I’ll have to plant “fresh” ones this fall.