Monday Sekrits, Spoofs, and Sunshine

Spring is back. Finally! I’m looking at blue skies and I might be able to turn the heater off. Wow. I mean, it’s only the freaking SIXTH OF MAY!!!!

LIMECELLOparanormal_wickedfamiliarBut even more fun is the fact that it’s time to reveal that Sooper Sekrit Project I mentioned some time ago. Go HERE to Limecello’s A Little Bit Tart, A Little Bit Sweet blog for the 411 on the project. Go ahead. I’ll wait….(Oh, and you can click on the cover to get the full-sized version! 😉 )

*whistles*

*starts laundry*

*gets fresh coffee*

Ah! Welcome back. Now you know what started things. And the results? I was the first to accept Lime’s challenge so this past weekend and on every Thursday through May, there will be a new chapter of WICKED FAMILIAR. The first installment is HERE. I had an absolute blast writing this thing and I hope people find it funny and entertaining. It’s also a primer for how NOT to write a romance. 😉

Also, stop by B.E.’s blog THE UNPUBLISHED WRITER’S GUIDE TO SURVIVAL. The fab Debra Webb is a guest today talking about her fantastic suspense series, The Faces of Evil. The fourth book, RAGE, just released.

I finished up the first eight books in Laura Adrian’s Midnight Breed series, started on reading more contest entries, and worked on ROGUE MOON this weekend. I’m almost to the end of it and it’ll head to my CP and editor SOON! Yeah, yeah. I know. I’ve been promising that for ages. Sh’up. What about y’all? Who went to see IRON MAN 3? Who did other fun stuff?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Monday Sekrits, Spoofs, and Sunshine

1. Wow. Thanks for the shout-out. Deb was awesome to agree to post. Congratulations on your sekrit project. I just read the first installment. I can tell you have fun writing that. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

You’ll get Rogue Moon done when you get it done. And I’ll live with that.

Let’s see. I spent a lot of the weekend sitting in front of the TV, re-writing the first chapter of RTL. Then yesterday, when the weather finally broke, Hubs and I walked around the loop. Later we went for a drive – just exploring the new countryside we’re in. I love it here. I didn’t even mind getting lost a little – because how lost can you really get on a peninsula. Sooner or later you’re going to either hit water or cross the main road in and out. =o)

Ha – so much fun, Silver 🙂 Can’t wait to read the rest!!!

A good weekend here – a little on the chilly side with the wind, but sunshine all around (yay!). As usual, it flew by 😦 I really have to get on that petition for extending the weekends and shortening the work weeks!!!

Loved Wicked Familiar….such a hoot!

I ran 6.5 miles on Saturday…and then did 5 hours of driving on Sunday….I’m pretty sure my sloth on Sunday cancelled out my work on Saturday, lol, but watching my niece read (and then reread because she liked it so much) the book I brought her was fun.

Thanks, JB. It gets…worse. 😆 I’ll post the next link with a reminder on Thursday. Woot on the run! My knees are screaming just reading about it.

4. bookwyrm217 says:

Can’t wait to read the next chapter and see just how many more cliches you can pop into it!! And to see who- or what- knocked on her door!! Be sure to post the link, or I will forget!

We did the Iron Man Marathon on Thursday- IM1, IM2, Avnegers 3D and IM3 in 3D. Long afternoon but worth it for the most part. I have issues with the story line and the way Shane Black handled it. If I find him, I may just bitch slap the stupid out of him. I have no idea what I did on Friday besides get my nails done. LOL OH, yeah, worked on the back yard and put up the green house. Late because that damn pnemonia laid me low. Saturday was the Farmer’s Market, Free Comic Book day and we went out to lunch instead of standing in line for the LunchTruck thing that was going on. Then I went to work at 3. Ew. Up early Sunday to go swimming, came home and made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry and more backyard work- cleaned the siding, cleaned out the gazebo and did some more raking. (Did you see the photo on my FB page of the damned Apple Tree? There are so many blooms, you can’t see any leaves!) Oh, and also spent 4 hours after work in the Animal ER with Isis who got stung or bit by something that made her extremely ill- she had had her rabies shot on Friday and I don’t think it helped her at all. Poor thing and poor us- $1100 bucks later!! They kept her overnight because of dehydration and vomiting. She’s 13 and has as much energy as the younger dogs do. That’s when we found the bit/siting marks. Found out today my neighbors dog got bit also. No idea what tho.

Holy crap- reading all that, no wonder I”m tired on Monday!!!

Dang. Do you have poisonous snakes up that way? I can’t imagine what could do that to a dog in your neck of the woods. Down here? Lots of bad nasties!!!

Yeah, say the pic. GORGEOUS! Late freezes got most of our blooms. 😦 After you get done with all your outside work, wanna come do mine? *ducks*

I have to admit, while I enjoy the IM franchise, I’m not a big fangirl so I’ll take IM3 with a grain of salt. I hope you’re taking it easy today! Oh…and the cliches? Remember SB Sarah’s romance reader exercise program? Yeah. I think all but five of them. *bats lashes*

• bookwyrm217 says:

ANTS!!!! Got talking to my other 2 neighbors with dogs and they have all been bitten. One has tried a Scott’s product and if it works, is going to bring it down for me to use. I noticed another bite this morning. It’s supposed to rain for a few days, so I am hoping it might help.
        I am such a fan girl. Can’t wait to dive into the new Hawkeye comic book series. The Spawn has them, I just haven’t had time to sit and read, even a comic book. Picked up the first issue of Grimm while I was at the store on Saturday.

Ugh! Are they fire ants? I can’t believe those suckers would get that far north… I hope you find something that works. Poor puppies. 😦

Grimm? What’s it about?

• bookwyrm217 says:

You’ve never watched Grimm?? It’s on NBC, tuesday night. It’s based on the Grimm’s Fairy tales, but takes place in Oregon, modern day. You should watch it. From the beginning.