The Trashman Cometh

poutingIt’s Monday. All day. So *phthhhhh*!

Who had a good weekend? Raise your hands… Mine wasn’t horrible, but… We spent Saturday cleaning out the library to make room to stack stuff from Sunday, when we cleared the attic. Looks like the roofers are coming on Wednesday and since they are taking the whole roof off, we figured we’d better get stuff out.

We sorted, shifted, cleaned, and tossed a bunch of stuff. Some things went to the local thrift shop that supports abused women. Some things went to the curb where the “pickers” have already snagged anything remotely reusable or recyclable. And we threw out a shit-ton of paper and stuff. The trash guys are absolutely going to hate my guts come Tuesday. I think I’ll keep the regular trash bins by the house and put them out on Friday. And only put out ONE!

I was hoping to have the final edits back on ROGUE MOON so I could get it formatted and uploaded. My editor had some computer issues so with luck, it’ll be back this week and I can have it ready to go ASAP. In the meantime, I’m getting reacquainted with Sade and her .5 novella is coming along nicely. I admit I didn’t spend much computer time this weekend because…well…cleaning. 😛

Reading…I finished THE SHAMBLING GUIDE TO NEW YORK CITY by Mur Lafferty. This is an odd little book. Not a paranormal romance, though there is the beginning of a romance in it. It’s not an urban fantasy but it is. It’s quirky and entertaining and I enjoyed it. Click the link to check it out. Next up is Allison Brennan’s STOLEN, the current release in her Lucy Kincaid series. At the time I was setting up this post, I hadn’t started it. By the time you’re reading this, I hope I have. I’ve been waiting for Sean’s story, and this is told from his POV. See me happy dancing?!?!!

So how was your weekend? Wild weather? Good books? Good times? Inquiring minds want to know! (And nosy ones, like mine! 😉 )

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Trashman Cometh

I was at Lori Foster’s Reader Author Get Together in Cincy over the long weekend (left Nashville on Wed). Had an amazing time meeting new authors and hanging out with friends. I’m thinking I might be caught up on sleep in another week. lol So much fun and already planning next year’s trip.

I hope to go to that some year, as a writer. I’d like to do RT, too, but… So glad you had a great trip and made it home safely, if a bit sleep deprived. 😉

• Liza says:

RT is in NOLA in 2014. I really want to go, just have to figure out if I can swing time off at work.

That’s another reason for wanting to go! I’ll be down there in December for Heather Graham’s Writers for New Orleans. I’ll just have to see what’s in the budget by then.

2. I inhaled Stolen over the weekend. All I can say is you’re in for a treat. Next I started this Kindle freebie I downloaded because it sounded cute – What Happens in Vegas. I’m not sure I like the MC or any of her friends or the guy she’s got the hots for. Maybe they’ll get more sympathetic as the books goes along. So far, the only person I like is the geek who’s interested in the MC. I hope she grows up enough to be worthy of him, but I’m not counting on it.

No weather worth mentioning. Didn’t do much of anything. I did see the fawn again this weekend. We were a little worried she’d lost him, because we hadn’t seen him since I took those pics, but there he was following her down the road. Yay. And yes, that was the highlight of my weekend. LOL

So glad you glimpsed the fawn again. He’s getting to the age that mom will leave him hidden while she grazes and then come back to get him. Personally, that sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. 🙂 I still have started STOLEN yet. I laid down to watch/listen to the Cards/Reds game and read but fell asleep. At like 9:30. *sigh* Yeah, I was tired.

Good luck with your roof….and not losing your mind while they’re pounding away!

Under normal circumstances, I would just load up and go somewhere, even taking at least the dogs. The cat can hide under the bed and not be too traumatized. But…it’s going to be pushing 100 degrees so no place the fuzzy pups can be comfortable outside. I’ll just have to sit here and deal with it. Hopefully, they’ll be fast. I wouldn’t have a house if I left the dogs alone. 😦

It wasn’t too bad either. We signed with the realtor on Saturday so we are officially attempting to sell our house. It’s not in a good area so we are leaving things in Gods hands – if He wants us to move then someone will buy it and we’ll move to PA, if we’re meant to stay here, then the house won’t sell and my husband will hope for a job with the guy merging with my dad’s business… Yesterday we went to my eldest’s last softball game then hung around the house. At this very moment I am waiting for the first interested party to arrive so I can show my VERY clean house off 😉
    I’m too restless to do any more typing on chapter #28, maybe once they leave ?!?

Here’s hoping that plans work out! The idea of showing my house makes me all *muppet flail* Good grief, the clearing out and repairs we’d have to do and then just the thought of keeping it clean with the dogs around, and loading them up to take off when it shows. Ugh. More power to you! Especially with the little ones. Fingers crossed it sells and sells soon! 🙂