Universal Anger

universeWednesday. Hump Day. Downhill to the weekend. Sort of. Tomorrow is the 4th of July here in the States. It’s a national holiday. I have the feeling quite a few folks will take Friday off, too. But today is Wednesday. And for some reason, the Universe thinks I need lessons in anger management. This first little nudge appeared a bit ago and I tucked it back for future reference (ie. when I needed a blog topic!).

Anger is always a signal from your higher self, Silver, that it’s time for a reality check.

Always,
~~The Universe

Because, Silver, there are at least 10,000 workarounds, beginning with new perspectives or new friends… and probably ending somewhere near bowling or chess.

I can always use a reality check, especially when I’m working through a gnarly problem in a plot. Like I am right now. Times two. *mutterdamnMusemuttergrrrmutter* I’ve been lucky with my friends, including making some new ones. What I need is a new perspective on the situation(s).

Yeah, yeah. I know. Reality when writing about paranormal critters is sort of a non sequitur. But it’s important when world-building to create foundations that FEEL real to the reader.

Monday, this little jewel showed up in the inbox.

Anger is almost always a sign, Silver, that you’ve been quiet for too long.

Speak up, buttercup –
~~The Universe

In unrelated news, joy is almost always a sign, Silver, that I’ve heard you.

It’s interesting because lately, every scene I’ve written from Sade’s POV has her angry. Or confrontational. She’s all up in people’s faces. And yelling. I really need to figure out who stuck a burr under her saddle. That might make it easier to… Okay. Shut up, Ariel. Sade does NOT need to get laid. Nope. Not listening. *sticks fingers in ears* La-la-la-la-la Still not listening. I don’t care if there is a hunky dragon showing up here in a bit. *grumbles and gets back to work*

Have a great day, everyone! And have a safe 4th. Anybody planning to watch fireworks? Picnic? Sleep late?

8 Responses to Universal Anger

I am off Friday, but won’t get to sleep late. Will get up early each day to beat the heat to walk/run. Training for half marathon starts on July 13 and I’m already getting started. Yep, I have to even hit the gym while at RWA.

I’m betting Sade would like to get laid…where did Iffy go?

No. Ariel would like get Sade between the sheets. 😆 Or anywhere else. He’s been after her since her 16th birthday. And no. Sade can NOT get laid until WITCH. Just sayin’… It’s a *thing* 😉 Iffy hasn’t gone anywhere. That’s the problem. She keeps throwing in stuff that diverts the story. And not always in a good way! 😛

And yay you on all the prepping and running and exercise. I feel like a slug now. Oh, well. Can’t wait to see you in Atlanta!

2. For me, anger is usually a sign I need my hormone shot. Holy crap I’m a raging witch once every three months.

And hey, when we’re writing about the non-real? That’s when we have to work harder to make it feel real because we’re trying to get readers to suspend their disbelief while facing something unbelievable. As for Sade, you’ll figure out what’s making her so angry all the time and then you’ll use it to make the book better.

I’m at a point in my life where I only like fireworks if I can watch them from far away or on TV. The noise kills me. Jumping and cringing is not my idea of a good time. lol. Other than hiding from the local bangs and booms, tomorrow will probably be like any other day. Internet, writing, reading, TV. I know… I’m a wild woman. ;o)

I spent too many 4ths on fire patrol–watching for falling embers or erratic shells. I plan to stay in under the AC and watch a movie. 😀

HA! Sade’s hormonal. I LOVE IT!!!! *scribbles madly* … *chortles* … *tosses out a bwahahah for good measure* And yes, getting a reader to suspend belief, to feel “at home” in a world that’s not quite (or not at all) real is a measure of a writer.

Great advice/wisdom from The Universe!! The one about silence really resonated with me (can you guess what I do when I get really mad?). And I love the way you related it to your writing – Sade will be that much more real and genuine because of that.

We did our celebrating and fireworks on Monday – gotta love it when the holiday lands at the start or end of a weekend like it did this year 🙂

I’m really trying to stay focused on the writing–as in trying to keep on schedule. With a two week break coming up this month, I really need to get the lead out and get words down. Long, holiday weekends used to be awesome–when I worked outside. Now, holidays aren’t quite as memorable because…gosh…I’m pretty much in my pajamas EVERY day. *looks shifty-eyed*

4. Fireworks? With the fire danger as high as it is? Even in Alaska we’re careful!

Janet’s up where it’s green, Sue Ann. 🙂 And even down here where we’ve had droughts, the 4th gets fireworks–on a professional level. Most municipalities have banned “personal” fireworks but the cities have big displays. When I was with the fire department, we’d deploy everybody on “fire watch” to make sure there were no inadvertent fires.