Getting Home

It was a dark and rainy morning. Actually, it IS a dark and rainy morning. A massive and unpredicted (as of the 10 o’clock news/weather last night) storm rumbled through at 5:00 this morning. Almost an inch of rain fell and now I’m staring out my window at a shadowy world of overcast skies and green washed free of a coating of dust.

Coming home after being away is always a mixed bag for me. I crave the comfort of my own bed, my own coffee, my furry critters. I miss the…normalcy of things–sitting in my chair at my desk, checking my RSS blog feed (more about that in a moment), and working.

Being away is both stressful and fun. I love going to RWA Nationals–reconnecting with old friends, discovering new ones, and feeding off the sheer creative energy of 2000 writers all in one confined space. But at the same time, the shy kid who talks too much to overcompensate shows up and I sometimes…okay, quite a lot actually…feel foolish. ‘nough said.

My blog travels are curbed at the moment. I’m taking that as a sign I need to be writing. Most of you know that Google killed Google Reader, my preferred RSS/Blog feed. I migrated to The Old Reader and have been happy with it. Except they experienced growing pains and crashed over the weekend. They’re diligent working on it, but I have to admit, I’m too lazy (and a little too busy) to Google every blog I follow. Once TOR is back up, I’ll catch up with everyone. In the meantime…

I learned a lot while I was gone. I reconnected. I’m infused with new enthusiasm. I hope to have news in a month on something. I also had some interest in the new Hard Target series (yeah, really need to get the first one written!). Cross your fingers, ‘kay? And now it’s time to work. I have a brutal, if self-imposed, deadline schedule coming up. So much to do and so little time. Iffy? You better strap into your seatbelt, darlin’. I’ll speed-feed you chocolate and hopefully, your fans will supply you with hot guys to keep you inspired! 😉 I’ll be posting more about RWA13 as time goes by.

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Getting Home

I’ll send Iffy hot guy pics if she needs them. Want to make sure she stays the course in helping you get us more books. 😉

Ooh! We…er…Iffy can always use more inspiration! Now that I think I have most of the paperwork done for the NRCA (at least until I start emailing out icons and mailing out certificates and trophies (tomorrow!), I can finally get to work. Nikos has been bugging the hell out of me. I need a coffee refill and then writing! 😀

Good to have you back, Silver – you were missed 🙂 And I can’t wait to hear all about RWA Nationals (living vicariously, again). Oh, I totally understand that shy kid who talks too much (are you sure we’re not related somehow?).

Now, get busy, woman – you have stories to tell!!!

Missed y’all, too! I hate not having good internet connection. The problem is, at the moment, I have TOO MANY stories to tell. 😆

And yeah, I’m totally convinced we’re like soul sisters or something. 😉

3. Michelle says:

Silver,
    I can’t wait to hear more about RWA, after stalking your Facebook photos. I love to travel to conferences/workshops and be a “single gal” for a few days. But as bittersweet as leaving old and new friends is, nothing beats sleeping in my bed, next to Hubby, surrounded (smothered) by our three dogs. And, MY coffeemaker, with it life-giving elixir.
    Glad you had a wonderful time and safe trip,
    Michelle

Dang, I probably should have taken more pics but I get caught up in the rush of Nationals and forget. 😦 My bad. Lawyer Guy went with me so that part was cool, but I really miss my critters, especially at night!

Lots of stuff going on and once I get caught up on NRCA paperwork/posting and writing, plus find my notes, I’ll talk about some of the stuff. 🙂

4. Yay! Welcome back. So glad you got recharged while you were out there. Get writing and don’t worry about blog hopping. I know you still love us out there. =o)

:hugs:

:hugs: I do, I do! But I miss knowing what all is going on in the world of my friends’ blogospheres! I keep refreshing TOR, hoping there’s been change. Maybe tomorrow! *crosses fingers*

And I am writing. Today, there weren’t many new words, but some editing and figuring out the direction of the plot occurred so at least I worked! 😀