Git ‘er Done

keep-calm-and-git-er-done-6There’s a comedian who uses that line as his signature, spoken in his best redneck accent, “Git’er done!” There’s another who has a routine built around “your sign. “Here’s your sign!” he chortles when talking about stupid people. And yes, the sign says, “Stupid.”

Today is the first day of a new month. In looking for inspiration for today’s post, I thought about what I haven’t been doing lately–which is “git’er done.” I’m behind on some deadlines. I’m behind on some obligations. I’m definitely behind on sleep. So what did I do? I turned to Google, my search engine of choice. Here’s just a few of the things I found:

60 Empowering Quotes To Help You Get Things Done You can click to see the full list but here are a couple of my favorites.

‘Finished last’ will always be better than ‘Did not finish’, which always trumps ‘Did not start.’

Don’t think too much, or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.

Thinking too long about doing something is often the reason it never gets done.

What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.

Did you know there’s an app for that? There is. HERE

There’s even a handbook from the Green Berets. Seriously! Who knew?

So, that’s my inspiration for today. I’m going to concentrate on all my projects and simply work until I “git ‘er done.” Easier said than done but I can do it! What about y’all? Did you really like one of those 60 nudges? Do you need/want the app? What do the Green Berets know the rest of us don’t?

All kidding aside, what are you going to get done today?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Git ‘er Done

1. bookwyrm217 says:

Would you like me to pick you up a copy of the Green Beret book next time I’m at West Point? or the Special Forces one? or any other of a multitude that I can think of? A dvd of cadence calls maybe?

Uhm…no. But thanks just the same. 😉 There are some nights when I still hear jodies* in my dreams.

*what the Army calls cadence “songs” – but no clue why. 😆

2. bookwyrm217 says:

cd, not dvd

Wow – that’s a powerful way to start the month, Silver! And because it’s the start of the month, I’ll be knee deep in month end reports for work 😦 I also have a run this morning – I’ll ‘git ‘er done’!!

4. You can do it, Silver!

I have a lot to get done today. We’re working on a landscaping/foundation project, and things have to be picked out and ordered for that. I discovered last night we’ve been overrun by mice, so I have to go get the stuff to take care of that, and then scrub everything in the kitchen because they’ve been everywhere. (Cats? What cats? They are no help at all.) And I finally got working again last night. Still 5 chapters left to rewrite on this thing.

I’ll be happy if I git some of ‘er done.

D-con works well. I use it to take care of the warf rats who occasionally take up residence in the concrete block wall behind the house. Unless they get bold and start challenging the birds and squirrels, I leave them alone. First sign I see anywhere close to the house, D-Con Rat comes out!

Excellent news on the rewrite! 😀

• I got snapper traps. I watched a mouse die of D-Con once. Not a pretty way to go – looks like they suffer a lot. Besides, with my luck Kira – who can’t be bothered to catch a mouse now – would find it and eat it. =o(

Great post. Here’s one of my favorite quotes from a running t-shirt to add to the collection: It doesn’t matter how slow you are, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch!

Good luck getting it tall done!

dang it, now I’m gonna have to stop procrastinating and finish this darn scene …. 😉 TX