Bucket List 71-80

notebook71. Learn to play the bagpipes. (Hey…this is wishful thinking, right? I actually started lessons with a chanter but…I am SOOOOO non-musical that I gave up.) [Again, at the time, I was reaching. Who knows, maybe I’ll find my chanter buried in a pile and give it another go. Or just put on one of my bagpipe albums…]shifty-eyes-ani2faster

72. Get my tribal membership card. (Lawyer Guy’s working on tracking my birth family genealogy to prove it up)

73. Meet a member of my birth family.

74. Learn to “let go.” (See #60 – 64)

75. Figure out more creative ways to procrastinate.

76. Visit every Major League ballpark in the US (and Canada) and eat the “house specialty”. (See #29 😀 )

77. Walk barefoot on the beach with a grandchild(ren).

78. Lay in a high mountain meadow and see shapes in the clouds with a grandchild(ren). [Uhm…Only? No pressure! Y’all can wait. For as long as you want!!!!]

79. Meet more of my internet friends face-to-face. (I’ve met many, but have many more to meet!)

80. Attend the Olympics. (Once upon a time, I wanted to participate as an athlete but…waaaay too old for that now. 🙂 )

Who else likes the bagpipes? Remind me to tell my “Battle of the Car Radios” story one of these days. shifty-eyes-ani2faster

Who’s doing something fun this weekend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Bucket List 71-80

Um, you’re talking to a first generation Canadian from Scottish parents – LOVE the bagpipes. Back in the day as a Highland Dancer, we always had to walk through the pipeband when performing en masse. There is nothing like the drone of the bagpipes in stereo up close and personal!!!

Long weekend here in Canada – yay!!! But nothing much planned.

2. Michelle says:

#76 Visit every MLB ballpark in the US is also on my bucket list!! At this point, I’d settle for a nice trip to Cooperstown. Hubby and I would have to bring my Papi along, because he’s the one who instilled in us a love of baseball. He was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, who has still not recovered from their move to CA. I live about 30 blocks north of Tropicana Field and my Tampa Bay Rays are playing with such enthusiasm and love of the game. <crosses fingers – playoffs, here we come?

Which parks have you visited, Silver?

Lawyer Guy, Only, and Baseball Boy want to go to Cooperstown. I want to go so I can stay in the haunted hotel there. 😉 I love baseball. My dad was a Dodgers fan, too, until the betrayal. He was never quite the same. He shifted his allegiance to the Mets. I went with the Cardinals. I’ve been to “old” Busch Field in St. Louis, Wrigley, Kauffman in Kansas City (Royals), Rangers Ballpark (Texas), Tropicana, and Angel Stadium in Anaheim, though I haven’t actually seen a game there. Oh, and Turner Field (Braves) but again, no game. Some day! 😀

• Michelle says:

I completely forgot about the haunted hotel! Yes, please! Sign me up. I was hoping to see all the historic parks (Old Comiskey) before they were torn down for newer facilities. When I was in Chicago, years ago, for work, we were supposed to visit Wrigley Field (my fave) and Comiskey Park. It snowed. They were closed. My list will have to wait a few more years. LOL

Maybe I’ll see you at one of the parks and we can wave at each other or share a hot dog and beer. 🙂

• bookwyrm217 says:

Cooperstown is less than two hours from me. If you guys go, I’d better know about it!

3. Another great installment of the bucket list, Silver. I didn’t know you didn’t know your birth family. I hope you find and meet them. Good luck to LG on tracing the genealogy so you can get your card. When I was doing the genealogy project, finding anything out about my native ancestors was a bear. The one great-grandmother who was supposedly native? I couldn’t prove it. They started out in Ohio, but moved to OK. (If you find a Minnie Lemon in your tree somewhere, let me know.)

Fun this weekend? Writing. Catching mice. Yardwork. So, yeah, some fun and some work intermingled.

I have my birth mother’s name, B.E., and some “non-identifying” information from OK-DHS. My maternal grandfather was identified as 1/2 Chickasaw and 1/2 Cherokee, but given the record keeping at the time? Well, it’s been a chore for LG, who is the family genealogist. I’ll tell him to keep an eye out for Minnie. You never know. 😀

One day, I’ll do a post on being adopted. Maybe. It’s a little angsty sometimes. I hear you on the yardwork. I’ll probably look out the window and mutter about it needing to be done and then curl up with the contest entries I’m judging. #IamLazyHearMeSnore

I’ve been to Wrigley Field, both stadiums in Atlanta, and St. Louis. Lots more ballparks for me to hit them all. 😉

I’m going to a book signing for Tiffany Reisz this weekend in Lexington, KY. So excited to see her again. I got to chat with her for a minute at RWA, but should be able to chat longer on Saturday.

LOVE #75 — It would be marked “Done” on my list. 🙂

6. bookwyrm217 says:

We’ve been known to do the same thing with bagpipe music ourselves. And we have kickass stereos. LOL
    I actually have an entire weekend off and the office is closed so no one will be calling me! Off to the farmer’s market, then to another place about 45 minutes from here that we heard about and a pool party this afternoon. Laundry and chores tomorrow with some Eureka thrown in when I can. It’s supposed to rain off and on anyway. The Spawn is doggy/house sitting at her brother’s so it’s nice and quiet.

Sounds like a perfect weekend, Ev! I’m going to hunker down and try to push toward THE END on THAT OL’ BLACK MAGIC. I have to figure out the sex without Sade actually having it. *bwahaha*

7. On #75, where are you located? I’m near Fairbanks, Alaska if you ever take a vacation up this way, but I’m also planning to attend a cousins’ mini-renuion in Tulsa this fall. Should be over chemo by then, though likely still bald.

I’m in the center of the state. 🙂 Tulsa and the surrounding area is interesting. They’re undergoing a bit of a revival right now. Enjoy the reunion! 😀