Monday = Random

Making coffeeThere’s a reason I set up the coffee pot the night before. If I’m lucky, Lawyer Guy gets up first and makes the coffee when he puts the boys out. If I’m not, I have to figure out how to turn on the faucet, fill the pot, and get it emptied into the coffee maker without spilling it all over the cabinet.

So how was your weekend?

I worked Saturday. Got some decent words in, with no real surprises from the characters. Nikos is definitely an arrogant sonavawyrm.

Did you do anything fun?

I’m reading unpublished contest entries, published winners (for reviews), and in between, the second part of Julie Leto’s sexy Double Dare serial novel. *fans face* Julie’s long been a favorite read of mine and she’s an all round cool gal!

Read anything worth mentioning?

Preview…tomorrow, I’ll talk about my mystery short, CAFE MIDNIGHT, that will be out this week. It’s a fond homage to film noir and detective novels of a by-gone era.

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Monday = Random

Your description of Cafe Midnight is making me think of the Castle episode where he and Kate played characters in a flashback type epi.

Ooooh, can’t wait to hear more about Cafe Midnight!

3. Can’t wait for tomorrow! And yay for getting enough caffeine in your system to be coherent this morning. (It’s a daily struggle, isn’t it?)

The weekend… Minor kid drama. (She saves her drama for her mama.) The trek for groceries turned into driving behind a bike race. (With these hills, that race must’ve been a bear.) Thursday I finished the rewrite on RTL (so throw out the version you had, if you haven’t read it). And apparently, I’ve caught the parentheses bug this morning. ;o)

Saturday, I read Debra Webb’s REVENGE. It’s as awesome as the rest of the series. I’m currently reading A Prescription for Delirium (Van Helsing Organization #1) by Noree Cosper. It’s pretty good so far. (Especially for a Kindle freebie.)

Hope the drama subsided. We had a bike race here, too, though ours ended in tragedy. One of the bikers hit a bad spot, flipped, and landed in front of a pickup towing a boat. The driver had no chance to avoid. 😦 I’ll have to look for this Van Helsing Org series. (Like I NEED more to read! 🙄 ) And hey, there’s nothing wrong with parentheses.

Oh, nothing special this weekend – I did hit a writing wall the other night that had me wondering if the rest of my story was a total loss, if I’d ever finish … I’ve been trying to stick to the spirit of NaNo so I’ve been ‘just writing’ without outlining or editing but I ran out of ideas. I have a few major scenes left in my head but I honestly couldn’t tell you what order they had to go in let alone how to get from one to the next. I had to take a step back, get out a pen and paper and plot out a rough (NO DETAILS) outline so I could at least figure out where to go next. I think I’ve got it worked out now but I’m still not sure where to go after this arc is finished. It has an ‘ending’ but it totally leads to a second arc and I don’t have a single idea for that one aside from the obvious, which I will not reveal yet 😉
    Ah well, I think it’s best I just worry about finishing THIS one …

When you write yourself into a corner, build a door, a window, or blow something up. 😉

There’s nothing wrong with a second arc. That’s how the Moonstruck books came about. Just sayin’… 😉

Love the title, Café Midnight, Silver!! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

So sad to read in your comments about the biker who was killed in the race! I biked this weekend – a 20 miler – and looked for every back road possible to try and avoid the traffic. Today’s run had an oil truck come very, very close to clipping me (and I was running in the ditch at the side of the road)!!

Other than the bike ride, nothing happened this weekend – but it was an awesome weekend (great weather, cold white wine, no plans – ahhhh)!!

FYI – we do the coffee timer thing, too. Coffee NEEDS to be ready when I get out of bed!

Oh, our “pot” doesn’t have a timer! I just put the grounds in and LG fills the pot and pours it in. Our Bunn home version brews a pot in about two minutes. It keeps hot water in the reservoir and then pushes that through when you add “new” water. When we had a timer, we’d never remember to turn it on. LOL (Not to mention that those makers were known to cause fires back in the day.)