This is it. The last ten items on my list. Maybe I should take off the ones I’ve done and make a new list. Naw. I wouldn’t do that to y’all. You’ve been very patient with my…whatever prompted me to do this is. So, without further fanfare, here’s the last segment.
Get an agent. (This should have been back in the spate of writing goals, I guess. *der*) Had one. We parted on friendly terms. I might consider another one in the future. A lot depends.
92. Finish Uninvited. I’ve been writing it for….over ten [almost twenty years] now. I still think it is a hellava story and premise but it’s soooo dark. [Yeah, so dark that I want to scrub down with bleach whenever I’m in the villain’s head.] It’s a horror novel. What can I say?
93. Participate and “win” NaNoWriMo every year between now and then. (8 years and counting)
94. Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold. [Sh’up, Kelly. Yes, this is an inside joke and I doubt K. Dabney is here but just in case… 😉 ]
95. Learn to forgive even if I can’t forgot. [I REALLY need to work on this one!]
96. Finish the renovation of the master shower. (Don’t ask.) [Okay, some of you asked and I’ve been through the whole sordid story before. Here’s an update. It WAS finished. Until Lawyer Guy decided to tweak the latch on the glass shower door. Uhm…the glass cracked. It’s now off plumb with the crack “repaired” with duct tape. So…again…don’t ask!] 🙄
97. Sit and drink cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde on Jackson Square (New Orleans French Quarter) long enough to see if the entire world does, indeed, pass by.
Learn to spell “ridiculous” without having to look it up. (I’ve always been able to spell “sublime”. What does that say, huh?)
99. Never actually mark off every single thing on this list…there should always be something left to be done and enjoyed.
100. Celebrate my 100th birthday.
And that’s my list. I have no intention of ever marking them all off but it will be a hellava lot of fun trying! Next Friday, we will return to our regularly unscheduled postings. 🙂 Have a great weekend!