A New Week

cute-puppy-pictures-hello-im-here-to-make-your-monday-suck-lessThis is the week I get caught up. Stop laughing. I’m serious.

I don’t have that much to do, relatively speaking. I will finish BLACK MAGIC–first draft and some edits. I will finish contest reads and reviews. I will critique my CP’s latest WIP. And I will read a not-so-secret project by a not-so-secret writer I admire, whose UNPUBLISHED WRITER’S GUIDE TO SURVIVAL blog I happen to be guesting on today. Talking about inspiration. Click and go. 😉

See? Easy peasy. I’ll get through this list!

My weekend was good. Said CP and I went to the OKRWA chapter meeting on Saturday. The always fabulous Sharon Sala, New York Times best-selling author, presented the program on the differences between critiques and criticism. She finishe up by reading the first page (opening scene) of members’ WIPs and offering tips on strengthening hooks and tightening writing. I offered up the first page of BLACK MAGIC. And when she finished I had a major fan girl squee moment. Her comment? “Email me when this comes out. I’m serious. I want to read this. I love Sade.” 😳 And that’s all she said. Well, almost. She also said she wished she’d written my first line. 😀

Did I mention the weather is crazy? As in crazy beautiful? Seriously. It’s mid-August. We’re normally suffering through sweltering days with highs in the 100s and lows in the 80s with humidity over 50%. Over the weekend, highs were in the 80s and lows in the 60s. We’re talking FALL weather! *happy dances* Today the high is inching up to 92 but I can deal with it!

What about y’all? Fun times this weekend? Good weather or bad? Read anything you want to recommend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A New Week

I had a pretty good weekend. Foot still giving me issues and realized the half marathon I was training for won’t happen this year. Not willing to risk not being able to get back to walking later to push it now. So I’m taking the next few weeks off and then starting back with the 5k group again. I can walk once not in the pool this week, so will do that with my 5k peeps.

I finished reading Personal Assets by Kelsey Browning this weekend. Will be out 8/26 from Carina Press and is so awesome! Several LOL moments as well as some super sexy times.Kit Rocha’s Beyond Pain is pretty awesome too and it comes out later this week.

Ugh on your foot, Liza. 😦 Hope it heals quickly and yes to the way you are handling it! Much better to be safe than sorry. Ooh on the books. I’ll have to check them out! 😀

Good for you for getting everything ordered and ready to tackle the week. Me? I’m wishing today was one of those long weekend holidays (or another Sunday).

Had a great weekend (thus the other reason I want to extend it). Picked up a book at the library that’s had good reviews and am enjoying (will do post of it when I’m done). Ran, biked, drank wine, ate too much food – fabulous 🙂

3. Aww… :blush: And congratulations on both the getting caught up and the awesome comments from Sharon Sala. Way to go!

It’s been gorgeous weather here, too. Perfect for getting a lot of that landscaping stuff done. It’d be better if the dirt and rocks arrived, but still. Just about everything’s in place for when they get here – maybe late this week. Cross your fingers for us. Oh, and I read an awesome book by Maggie Shayne this weekend – The Gingerbread Man. Creepy romantic suspense (although she calls it a romantic thriller) with both a damaged hero and a damaged heroine. Inhaled it. Warning though, it does deal with dead children – but not in gruesome detail.

Not sure what it says about me but dead kids in books doesn’t upset me. Go figure! I’ve heard a lot of good things about THE GINGERBREAD MAN. I’ll have to put it on my list. I have something far more interesting to read first–something about genies. or djinn or something… 😉

That is an AWESOME compliment from Sala. I hope it carries you through the week on a cloud.

Absolutely! Sharon is really nice about her compliments but when she’s really enthused, those who know her can tell. I’m still about four feet off the floor when I walk. 😀

FYI — Your link to The Guide doesn’t work

Wow oh wow – sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!! *jealous*
    I went to a water park with the kiddos, which only proves how much I love them ’cause it wasn’t warm enough for me to go swimming and the water was freezing!!! Got home really late last night and had to work today to cover a shift for my sister.
    In other news, I think I found a writing partner!!! I’ve got two gals (avid readers, not writers) who read what I write when I get big enough snippets and they have been encouraging me a lot to keep going but I really wanted someone to share the actual writing process with, someone else who writes and understands the ‘behind-the-scenes’ stuff. Someone I can chat with when I hit a wall and need some input. I’ve been secretly wishing I’d find someone for a long time – actually, since I first looked on the internet for writer friends; since we first created the Beta Blog. (Sheesh, how long ago was that now?!?) Wish me luck.

Anyway, I so glad you had that squee moment Silver, I can only imagine how that made you feel …

Oh, Ban! How exciting!!!!! I hope it works out for you. Having someone like that is priceless. My CP and I have been together for three years now. She’s a friend as well as a writing “partner.” We can bitch and moan, brainstorm, and fix each other’s “red hot mess of a story”.

I was talking to an editor in New York yesterday and he said he’d only turned on the AC in his apartment 3 times so far this August. It IS cold up that way! I sort of hate hot weather so I’d be a happy camper. 😀