Tuesday Tally and Stuffs

snoopy I left the two polls I posted last week up as promised. Eighteen people voted. Thank you! Here’s the tally.

On the subject of newsletters: 10 people (56%) might sign up, 6 (33%) love them, and 2 (11%) hate them. The jury is still out on this one. At some point, I’ll probably revisit the subject and consider doing periodic newsletters and perhaps offer special content or something in them. Not sure yet.

When it comes to “Special Facebook Pages” dedicated to series and/or characters, 13 voters (72%) would rather get info from my author page, 4 (22%) would click to “like” a dedicated FB page, and 1 person (6%) isn’t interesting at all. So, that’s pretty darn definitive. I’ll continue with character pics and trivia on my regular author page. This works for me! (Because…LESS WORK for me! :lol:)

Again, thanks to everyone who voted. Now, to the stuff. The reports on THAT OL’ BLACK MAGIC have been beyond favorable. I think I may be onto something with Sade’s shenanigans and the hunky magicks she has to put up with. This makes me go all SQUEEEE and happy dance. I have loved these characters and this series for so very long and I have to admit, it feels really good to be “vindicated” by my readers.

Warning, my interaction on social media may be limited for the next week or so as I really knuckle down to work. I’ll be around and I’ll drop in to check on folks even if I may not comment on my blog visits. And I’ll try to drop hints on FB and Twitter, but bottom line? I’m excited and I WANT to throw myself into these two project. I can play once they launch. Right? Right! And play I’m going to! I have so many plans, like a bio page for the characters, and a “wiki” of the characters, settings, races, and realms. I am soooo looking forward to the fun of that. Can you say procrastination? Sure you can. And since you can, I want to know what’s your favorite way to procrastinate?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tuesday Tally and Stuffs

1. I have so many ways to procrastinate. How could one be my favorite? Hell, I sometimes procrastinate about one thing I don’t want to do by doing some other thing I don’t want to do. (Like cleaning when I should be editing, or yardwork instead of housework, or dishes instead of washing windows.) If I had my druthers, though, I’d read all day every day. I’d need a new set of eyes every couple years, but it would be worth it. ;o)

You have every reason to SQUEE and happy dance. Just don’t use it as a procrastination method. LOL

Have a great day and good luck to you on getting that to-do list whittled down. We’ll see you around the social media when you get done.

Now, see? You procrastinate constructively. Me? I procrastinate by looking at photographs. I like to pretend it’s for book covers but really? it’s the shirtless guys. 😉 Today is a long day of revisions/edits but i’m pumped. Or will be after I get another cup of coffee. And feed the outdoor critters. Change the water in the dog pool. Water the hanging baskets…. Yeah, I’d better get right on that! 😀

If I need to clean house, I will procrastinate by watching tv or reading a great book instead. I have no choice but to clean my house tomorrow. It has gotten to that point. My reward will be getting a mani and reading the rest of the day. 🙂

You have every reason to SQUEE!!!

Oh, yeah! I need to run the vacuum. And laundry. Today is laundry day. *sigh* Enjoy the mani and the reading tomorrow! I think you need to go “wet-n-wild” on the polish! *bwahaha*

My problem is, I have so many hobbies … that may be a good thing for times when I get bored with one BUT it’s not so good when there’s something I have/want to do and they keep distracting me 😉

I see nothing wrong with you happy dancing – I see I’m a little behind but Sade has my attention !!!

This series is going to rock, Silver – so excited for you 🙂

Procrastinate? Me? Ha, Queen of…usually, like Liza, with television or books, but lately it’s been trolling the Internet (you can make one “Oooh, I need to look that up.” last a couple of hours by the time to click here, click here, click here, click here!!!

Oh lord, don’t even get me started on the internet “all in the name of research”. 🙄 I finally learned to make a **NOTE** in my WIP and I don’t allow myself to look up stuff until I’ve hit break time.

So cool that you’re so excited about your projects

Is it weird that one of my favorite ways to procrastinate is to plan: writing, exercise, housecleaning schedules are my biggest time suck, lol.

See? You’re as bad as B.E. Even your procrastination accomplishes something useful. 😛 I have to admit though, I often use my writing as an excuse to “procrastinate” all those tasks I hate…Oops. I need to go check that load in the dryer, speaking of…

6. bookwyrm217 says:

So I posted here yesterday and it’s not here! This new website hates me.
    Housework= a good reason to go shopping.
    Off to Atlanta tomorrow! Talk to you when I get back!!

That’s soooo weird, Ev! I don’t know why it does that. You don’t show up in the Spam filter so I guess the great ethernet in the ‘verse is just swallowing you. Have a great trip to Dragon*con! I want a full update when you get back. Travel safely!!!!