New Week, Old Work

SOTW 680How was everyone’s weekend? My OSU Cowboys won. Crossing fingers they can keep it up but they’ve got a hard schedule coming up. It’ll be a fight. I started reading DEADTOWN by Nancy Holzner, based on B.E.’s recommendation. I’m not too far into it but enjoying it so far. I have a bunch of reading to catch up on if I’m going to match my updated Goodreads challenge. I’d originally put down 100 but I reached that back in…July? I upped it to 150 but my reading time took a big hit this fall. We’ll see if I make it.

NaNoWriMo WIPs continue at, what is for me, a breakneck pace. Check out the word count widget over there on the right. I’m over 50%. I found a writing groove this weekend and the story gelled. There’s more tension and story arc than I’d first anticipated. This is a Very Good Thing(tm)!

And my last bit of news, I’m making a guest appearance over at THE UNPUBLISHED WRITERS’S GUIDE TO SURVIVAL talking about Surviving Release Day, and dealing with the anxiety that comes with the launch of a book.

Oh…wait…hrmmmm… There seems there was something else I was supposed to mention today. Now I wonder what that was? Oh. Yeah. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

From Tuesday’s blog, the trivia winner, who gets a Hot Mojave Knight totebag and swag is…. Sandy Emers! Sandy, email me with your mailing address.

From Wednesday’s blog, the winner of an autographed paperback copy of SOTW and custom bookmark is…. Kimber-Michaela! Same deal. Email me with your mailing address.

From Thursday’s blog, the winner of an autographed paperback copy of SOTW, a digital copy of SOTW (or other backlist book of mine), and a special bookmark is…. Kelly D! Who is Kelly M now since she got married Saturday. I need your new address, too! And I need to know: werewolf, dragon, gargoyle, vampire, or fae? Pick one. πŸ˜‰

And for B.E., Janet, Liza, Ban, and Ev aka bookwyrm? Y’all email me with your mailing addresses and your pick from one of the magical races mentioned above. I have swag and something special for each of you, too!

Now, what did you do this weekend?

This entry was posted in Books, Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to New Week, Old Work

Winner, winner chicken dinner – looks like everyone won – THANKS, SILVER – and congrats, everyone πŸ™‚

I’ve been watching your word count over the weekend, my friend. At one point, when my story was not ‘gelling’, I may have called you an overachiever! Sorry about that! Really happy that you found your grove and the story is zipping along. Keep at it – and Happy Writing!!

Oh, this weekend? Yeah, I pulled words out of my head with a big wrench – it hurt. A lot. They’re ugly words, but words just the same!

Ugly words just need love. πŸ™‚ And they all count toward the total. As B.E. knows, I’ve set a tough personal goal for myself this November. We’ll see if I can keep the ball rolling. πŸ™‚ And you’re welcome. I want everyone to know how much I appreciate their support and friendship! πŸ˜€

2. sandye52 says:

Good Morning Silver,

Thank you! WOW, great news to start my Monday.

My address is below.
    [edited by Silver… πŸ˜‰ ]

I’m off to have my coffee. Have a fabulous day! Sandy

3. Ooo, swag! Love swag! The information is in your email.

The weekend was good. I’m 6474 words into my NaNo WIP. Last night was like pulling teeth, but I was wiped out from raking leaves. Oberon, the fairy oak, isn’t even partway nude and our lawn was covered with his stuff, plus the leaves of all the other trees. :shrug: Part of the joy of living in the woods, I guess. ;o)

Thanks for guest posting again today, Silver. It’s an awesome post.

Thanks for inviting me, B.E.! Writing it let out some of my angst. πŸ˜† Our oaks have just started shedding and we have a shag carpet of yellow! Lawyer Guy doesn’t rake. He reminds me that’s what the mulching mower is for. Except in my flower beds…though he went there. Once! πŸ˜›

4. Kimber-Michaela says:

Morning!
    Wow— thank you big grin πŸ™‚
    I feIt under the weather so i’m hanging at home today,
    so you made it better:
    Hopefully I can get some words down later, becuz
    I was on a marathon of watching the whole 5 seasons of
    Flashpoint , I started thurs pm, and i’m just starting season 4.
    I caught a glimpse of a episode, from season 2 and thought hmmm.
    They are a Strategy Tactical Unit (more high tech the SWAT -imo)
    and its based in Canada. And the guys are easy on the eyes lol
    I will email once I open the laptop.
    Have a great day everybody.
    Thanks againsilver. πŸ™‚

You’re quite welcome, Kimber-Michaela. Thanks for being a steady commenter! I always look forward to *seeing* you when you drop by. πŸ™‚ FYI? I LOVE Flashpoint. I have the DVDs since it’s not on TV anymore. 😦 And yeah. They’re hot. Even the married ones! πŸ˜€

• Kimber-Michaela says:

Hot guys Flashpoint,* nodding head* a lot- lol.
        Found ion by accident, when plugged TV I only use for movies only
        and bingo Flashpoint was on so I got 2 evenings of spotty reception
        and got hooked- bought whole season, gotta love amazon-lol
        I’m about to start the last disc of season 5!
        Sam is my fave, but Spike and Wordy are so loveable
        had to warm up to Greg, and Ed is tense and so take charge.
        Thanks again, can’t wait for Christmas
        story need another fix of your group.

Working on it! The Wolves are thinking cold beer and hot lead. I’m reminding them they should be singing Christmas carols. πŸ˜‰

I have to admit, Ed is sort of my fav with Greg a close second but then I’m old! πŸ˜†

• Kimber-Michaela says:

Wolves singing carols with cold beer and lead, save me a seat-lol
            Old no way, Silver-I’m the same age as Ed and Greg-btw
            Just ordered season 6 from amazon.ca-thought it ended with 5?
            Happy writing!

5. Kelly M. says:

Eeee! I love winning! I pick DRAGON. πŸ˜€

OMG! I just finished SOTW and I loved it so much! Really did you have to make me wait until 63% tho?!? I have mad love for Sade and Sinjen so much! I’ll shoot you an email tomorrow. You are so sweet!