Baby, It’s Cold

Welcome to Tuesday’s Treats, the Artic Vortex version. I think we need to talk about hot things–coffee, food, men… EyebrowWiggleIn

Coffee and comfort food always go together when it’s cold outside, right? So how about coffee food? No, seriously. Okay, so not so seriously. 😆 I went looking for a main dish recipe that had coffee as an ingredient. LOTS of desserts. Main dishes? Not so much. Ah well. How ’bout I share my quick chicken pot pie, then. We can drink coffee with it. 😀

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced potatoes, drained
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
Bisquick
Cube and saute chicken. Partially thaw mixed veggies. Mix veggies, potatoes, and soup in a 1-2 quart baking dish. Add chicken and stir. Mix up a batch of Bisquick biscuits and drop on top of mixture. Back at 400 degrees until biscuits are golden brown. (approximately 30-35 minutes.

And now, how about hot men…Mrrrr. The new Fox show, ALMOST HUMAN returned last night. The futuristic show stars Karl Urban, as burned-out cop John Kennex, and Michael Ealy as Dorian, the detective’s “obsolete” android partner. The byplay between these two is funny and both Urban and Ealy make my heart go pitty-pat. This is near future but if you hate Sci-Fi, probably not for you. But, here, have a pic of them so you can see what I mean. 😉

Michael Ealy (Dorian) and Karl Urban (Det. John Kennex) – Almost Human on Fox

How are you staying warm?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Baby, It’s Cold

1. I’ve heard of people using coffee as a rub for meat, but not much else on the savory side. Thanks for the chicken pot pie recipe. It looks yummy and easy – two of my favorite food things!

I don’t know about the Almost Human guys. The one guy looks too young and the other… I keep seeing him super-imposed over DeForest Kelley. ;o)

We’re staying warm by using extra blankets, and by making lots of cocoa. I’ve also been wearing thermal socks or layered socks or both. The poor heat pump is running constantly, but the floors are cold. But it’s supposed to get up to 39 today, so WIN!

I saw some recipes for coffee rub. And I saw one where whole coffee beans were dropped into some sort of soup/stew recipe but…ewww. And if you need to “thin” out the soup, you can add a little milk, half-n-half, cream, etc to it. You don’t want it really “runny”, just creamy and gooey. 🙂 I can’t imagine a heat pump working well anywhere the temps get below freezing and stay for any length of time. Good luck and hopefully, warmer temps are coming!

I love Almost Human! I recorded last night’s episode as I found Sherlock recently and need to catch up on seasons 1 and 2 before season 3 premiers next weekend. I have serious love for so many BBC shows!

It was 2 degrees when i woke up this morning. The fact that is is 40 degrees colder in Nashville than in Alaska is crazy! Since I still have to go to work, I’m wearing my Ugg boots (on left foot still in surgical boot on right foot) and drinking lots of coffee and hot cocoa to keep warm.

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds super yummy!

I’ve been a weather watcher for my whole life and I have NEVER heard of a polar vortex. I swear there’s a Sci-Fi story there somewhere. 😆 And yes, it’s just crazy! Keep your toes warm!

Sherlock is good! Can’t wait for the new season and very much enjoying the recap of previous episodes. I’ve always thought Karl was hot and Michael’s eyes are dreamy. The interaction and joking between them is hilarious and I love that the non-human is reminding the human of his humanity. 😀

OK, we must be the only place in North America that’s not experiencing below normal temperatures! Thank goodness. We had a ton of rain, so the snow is almost all gone, but the temperatures are supposed to drop (although not as much as other places). Still, I’ll take hot coffee and hot men, thanks. Love Karl Urban as Bones in the Star Trek movies – also re-watched him in Red (Bruce Willis – the first one). I don’t think we get Almost Human.

Computer issues today – can’t get onto my blog 😦 Not sure if this is a good thing or not – sorely trying my BE philosophy!!!

Glad Blogger decided to play nicer. *pbthhhh* on having issues. Been there. Hate it. Yeah, I liked Karl in RED, too. He was very intense. 😀 Stay dry! And I hope you don’t get too cold.

It’s -5 … I’m NOT staying warm 😦 The girls have YET to go to school. At least they have plenty of toys and are playing nicely!

I enjoy the byplay on Almost Human too but I did find the shot of the adult ‘Ken Doll’ android a little disturbing 😉

Well…yeah. But how else would an android be “equipped”…unless he was a sex droid or something. Which is a whole different storyline. 😆 The schools here closed yesterday because of the windchill and kids having to wait at bus stops with no shelter. When The Only was riding the bus, it worked out that our house was her stop. I just opened the garage and let all the kids in until the bus came.

5. I honestly don’t watch tv. Every once in a while I will watch a movie but that’s about it. It’s on when the Hubster is at home, but I’m usually doing something else.

And COLD! Yes, that it is. But today supposed to warm up to 40. I’ll take it!
    A new book, ROME by Jay Crownover was downloaded to my Ipad so I’m looking forward to some reading time after I teach Algebra1 to Wildman. I’m really looking forward to ROME’s story. Yum!!

I’m more persnickety about my TV viewing now than I used to be and there are some shows I used to enjoy that I don’t really watch anymore. More often than not, I have it on in the background as I read or work. I haven’t read any of Crownover’s books. I’ll have to give them a looksee! And we’re almost up to freezing now. Yay! It’s a heat wave. 😆