Spectacular Monday

cute-puppy-pictures-hello-im-here-to-make-your-monday-suck-lessFor those of you who didn’t hear me screaming on Valentine’s Day (or see my news on Facebook or Twitter), I am now a Harlequin author. An editor I’ve wanted to work with forever called Friday and offered me a two-book deal with the Desire line. I’m still having odd moments of Snoopy Dancing(tm) and Squee!

There will be cowboys. And cowgirls. And hopefully way more than the two books–since those two brothers have four more like them at home. 😉 For the time being, the working title of the series is For the Love of a Cowgirl. The first book is COWGIRLS DON’T CRY and the second book is THE COWGIRL’S SWEETHEART. Revision letter arrives tomorrow and I can’t wait to get started. Trust me, there will be lots of updates on the project. This has been in the works for quite awhile but I’ve played it rather close to the chest because I didn’t want to jinx anything! 😆

Should I mention that I first submitted to Harlequin back in 1991? Or thereabouts. I’ve slept since them. While they turned that book down, they were encouraging. Life kept intervening, then other stories and opportunities, but I’ve come full circle and I’m just thrilled to be able to say, “Why yes, I DO write for Harlequin!”

In other news, I was asked to participate in a Christmas anthology for Wild Rose Press. Guess who is finally going to get his own story! Why yes, it would be that wily fae harper, Abhean. Look for more announcements and the book around Christmas 2014.

Lawyer Guy is on the mend, though still splitting time between home and hospital. NRCA books are going in the mail tomorrow. I didn’t win the Powerball, though it felt like I won the lottery this weekend between the call from Charles at Harlequin and LG’s swifter-than-expected recovery.

Books. I’ve read them! I finished Christine Warren’s HEART OF STONE. I liked it. I’ll stay with the series, but probably continue getting the books from the library. Finished Jayne Ann Krentz’s GRAND PASSION, a 1994 book of hers. While a contemporary, it was fun to see that some of her ideas for more current books/series of the Arcane Society variety seemed rooted in earlier works. I also finished JB Lynn’s THE NEUROTIC HITWOMAN HUNTS A GHOST. Haven’t gotten the review done yet but I will. If you love your mystery with some light comedy and talking animals–well technically, only Maggie, the heroine, can hear them–you should read the series. I’m currently reading Donnell Ann Bell’s THE PAST CAME HUNTING, a romantic suspense. Good stuff so far!

That’s pretty much my weekend. What did the rest of you do?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Spectacular Monday

1. bookwyrm217 says:

So thanks to Password Hell I have to retype everything I tried to post. Grrrr.
    Off to play at the museum of Natural History for the day.
    I’m so glad LG is doing better. Men are idiots and wonder why we go gray earlier than they do. Dorks.
    I’m still super excited for you about the book deal! Can’t wait to see it on the shelf and take pics!
    I will also be looking for those books mentioned above to add to my reading pile.

2. SQUEE! I said it on FB, but I’ll say it again… Your book deal is awesome news! So now I’ll be able to say to my mom (who inhales Harlequins like they’re air), “Look for Silver James… she’s my friend!” =o) Also, squee for the anthology and Abhean’s story! And for LG being on the mend! All good news this past weekend.

I got about 2100 words into Djinn3 yesterday, sent 2 of the new and improved query out for Djinn1 Saturday, and started reading through Wrongful Termination looking for flaws last night. Otherwise, the weekend was reading and watching Olympics. Oh, and enjoying the warmth for a change. =o)

I get free copies when it gets published. I’ll sign a copy to your mom and you can give it her. 😉

YAYAYAY on Djinn3! Crossing fingers for Djinn1 to get some traction. I love that book.

• I told her about your book yesterday and let her know I’m tell her when they were published so she can look for them at the library. Reading as much as she does, she doesn’t buy books anymore.

I left a snippet of Djinn3 over at Killer Chicks for this morning’s Teaser Tuesday, Silver. It’s not much, but it’s a taste. =o)

Still so excited for you, Silver!! It may have been a long time coming, but we all knew it’d happen (and, obviously, should have happened long ago)!!! Congratulations. And for the anthology. And for LG feeling/getting better. Man, you had some Valentine’s Day Weekend, didn’t you!!!

We were hunkered down due to weather – so it was a quiet and relaxing weekend. I made bread, cookies, read, did some writing, got all the laundry done (and folded – that’s unusual for me) and watched a couple of movies. Overall, pretty darned good!!

4. Erika C says:

Yay for you! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to read your new books. It’s always nice when something that you wanted for a really long time happens. Go Silver! I am finishing a book by Jill Shalvis called always on my mind. Everytime I look at it the song running through my head. If you haven’t picked up Jill Shalvis you totally should, I just love her.

Happy to hear LG is on the mend. What an amazing weekend for you!

I read Jill from time to time. I’ve made the decision to read one book on my Kindle, then one off my physical TBR shelf. There’s a couple of Jill’s in the mix. And thanks so much for your support, Erika!

I am so happy for you Silver – you are such an encouragement the way you keep at it and keep at it and write book after book ! You deserve all the recognition you get and I hope LG is 100% soon.

Thanks, Ban. When someone knows what they’re meant to do, they just keep doing it. Or at least I do. I love the story, and the ones to follow, and I’m so excited that I’ll get to share them through Harlequin’s reach! 😀

I just saw your news last night and am Snoopy dancing right along with you. Are these the books/ideas we talked about at RWA?

Woot for LG being on the mend faster than expected.

I think so? It’s the series set in Oklahoma with the five rich brothers and the cowgirls who remind them how to be cowboys. 😉 Plus one more 1/2 brother they didn’t know about. LOL