Tuesday This-n-That

Meathiel_Winter8_zps5cbe488eW’sup, peeps? It still looks like winter out my window. All considered, that’s a good thing. It keeps me in my chair working. I’m 2/3 done with COWGIRL’s revisions. HE made some great suggestions. Oh, and it’s totally official now. Harlequin’s Executive Editor (the lady in charge of it all!) emailed me to say so. πŸ™‚ She’s signed the contract and sent it downstream (upstream?) for the next step. How about a little tease? Here’s the current opening to the story:

Chance Barron always knew exactly what he wanted. At the moment, he’d set his sights on the attractive blonde sitting at the bar. Since the blizzard shut down Chicago O’Hare airport he wasn’t going anywhere in a hurry. The weather service predicted the storm would blow over by morning and he’d be on the first flight back to Oklahoma City. In the meantime, there was a pretty little gal all alone knocking back martinis like water.

How many of you are on Pinterest? Yes, I know it can be an absolute timesuck so I tend to stay away from it. Mostly. But The Only is on there all the time and she kept finding “hero material” for me. And most of the “pins” were definitely NSFW (Not Safe For Work), so I made a board and pinned them. Want to ogle some guys? This is my NSFW BOARD. I also have a board for ILLUSTRATING THOUGHTS that has lots of fun things dealing with coffee, among other stuff, and if you are into cool places, I have a couple of boards with scenery and settings, food, cool critters, kids, all sorts of stuff. πŸ™‚

And one last topic–Mid-season shows! And pre-season baseball. Yay. Rizzoli and Isles is back on. I know, the show is nothing like the books but I enjoy it anyway. I hope Longmire comes back soon. What shows are you watching lately?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Tuesday This-n-That

Ooh, great opening! And, YAY for the ‘official’ contract signing – going to start practising my “I knew here when…” speech!

No to Pinterest -no, no, no, not going over there, not going to get sucked in, no!

Shows? Masterchef Canada and that’s about it (other than my usual Big Bang Theory fix every Thursday πŸ™‚

I do go on Pinterest some. About to be there more to help set up some book boards.

I’m so excited Rizzoli & Isles is back…even if they did have a killer clown on last week. I’ve never read the books tho. I started watching because I love Angie and Sasha.

The clown episode was just…weird! LOL And interesting that Frost was back. I’m curious as to how they will handle the actor’s death in the series this season. I have a couple of book boards, too, but I always forget to post there. *headdesk*

• Liza says:

I think they had already filmed most of this season when he died. This is part 2 of the season.

That’s probably true. That whole situation was so sad. I had no idea he’d been a child actor. I really enjoyed him in the role of Frost. 😦

• Liza says:

He was Jett Jackson on the Disney Channel. Very popular when my 2 older nieces were my youngest niece’s age. He was a spy and it was a really good show.

3. Ooo, love the teaser! Good one.

I’m not going to Pinterest. I don’t need another timesuck. I have plenty of my own, tyvm.

Yay for pre-season baseball! Those weeks between the end of football season and now are killer.

What I’m watching? True crime shows on REELZ and ID, Bones reruns, Swamp People, Building Wild, Rehab Addict, the occasional movie, and whatever documentary looks interesting. I do catch reruns of Rizzoli and Isles on occasion, but only when there’s not something else on.

Even with the “replay” games, I have something worth sleeping to at night! πŸ˜† I haven’t tuned into Swamp People this season but for a time or two. I did find a series on the Travel channel–Castle Secrets & Legends–that’s pretty cool. And that reminds me, I need to check to see if the Cards game is televised today! Dang. Nope. Bummer. 😦

4. Oooohhh- like that tease, sounds like someone you might like to share a blizzard with *slaps hand* LOL
    My timesuck moments are bad already, will file Pin in a back spot for now.
    Congrats on the official word*raises coffee mug in Silver’s honor*
    You deserve it- Girlie
    Stay warm and safe eveybody!

5. Alannah says:

Dang! I’ve missed so much!! I had no idea about the contract!! Congratulations!!! RWA this year? Celebratory drinks?

Definitely RWA! I’m doing a panel. πŸ™‚ Drinks are on! And yup, on Valentine’s Day, I agreed to a two-book deal with Charles at Harlequin Desire, with options for more. It was a good day, despite Lawyer Guy being in MICU at VA. He’s home and mending now. πŸ˜€

• Alannah says:

That is awesome!! Errr… the contract, not LG. 😦 As we get closer to July, let’s set a date, so I’m sure we get to spend some time with you (and hopefully LG too)! I hope he’s feeling better now!

I knew what you meant. πŸ˜† And definitely. LG is doing the panel with me so he’ll be there. We’re going down on Sunday or Monday. I can’t remember now what dates I made reservations for. Anyway, we’ll get time scheduled! πŸ˜€

6. Woo-Hoo! So happy for your contract, Silver! You’ve worked uber hard for it! And love the teaser! πŸ˜‰

I love pinterest!! I’ve seen some of your boards, Silver and I snag some of your hero’s now and again. hehe I can’t help it. Some are just so yummy and all.

Only thing I’m watching nowadays is NASCAR and The Voice. I love hearing what Blake says. He cracks me up.

Hope LG is doing better and home. *hugs*

LG came home Friday. He’s much better but still attached to the wound vac and moving slow, though he did go to the office and court today. He had no choice. He has his walker so hopefully the judge will take pity on him. Blame The Only for those yummy men. She finds them far more often than I do πŸ˜† but then she’s on Pinterest all the time. I love the Voice add where Blake says, “When I open my mouth, country comes out.” So true!