Monday in Winter Wrap-up

winter glitterDang! It was 7 degrees this morning. SEVEN FREAKING-COLD DEGREES! And we had freezing rain, thunder-and-lightning sleet, and snow. I’m telling you, the people around here are idiots. When I was out in the storm yesterday, 1/3 of the abandoned/wrecked cars were SUVs. raised eyebrow gif Seriously!

I’m another year older. I celebrated my birthday by painting the guest room in The Only and Baseball Boy’s new home. It was Pepto-Bismol pink. *shudder* I hurt in places I forgot I had. Trust me, it sucks to get old and out-of-shape. We’ll be moving them next weekend. Fun times! 😆

Got a b-day card from my oldest best friend. It said: Happy Birthday to a woman who could survive in the wild….Yep. Just you, a couple credit cards, your cell phone, and a travel mug of coffee! She knows me so well! 😀

Lawyer Guy is home and continues to get better. I’m glad not to be running back and forth to VA. But now I’m running back and forth to Chez Only. Except not today. Too freaking cold and all that slickery precipitation that’s covering the streets. I’m staying in and getting back to work.

What’s up with the rest of you?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Monday in Winter Wrap-up

Stay warm and safe, Silver. And YAY for LG being home 🙂 Belated birthday wishes – hope you had some cake amidst all that running around and painting!!

Uhm…no cake. We’ll celebrate belatedly in a couple of weeks, once the kids are settled and the baby showers scheduled for the next two weekends are done. Still no cake but maybe I’ll stop in at Krispie Creme and try one of their coffee donuts! 🙂

Woohoo for LG coming home! I’m currently waiting for the roads to clear up a bit before heading to see my foot surgeon. Hoping to be able to be fitted for my heel inserts today. We have icy roads here, so not heading out for another hour to battle the roads. Supposed to have 5K group tonight, but if the temps don’t get above freezing today, I’m skipping the after dark workout.

Yeah, y’all got the ice. We had the freezing drizzle but then got massive sleet which eventually turned to gltter snow. The powder is slick but fairly easy to drive on if one pays attention. People around here? Yeah, no! 😆 Be careful! And the heel inserts will make walking and standing so much more comfortable!

3. I’m so glad LG’s home. :hugs for you both:

Yeah, it’s pretty freaknasty outside here. I mean, the sun just peeked out but it’s 3 degrees and everything outside is covered in ice and snow. Bleh. Hubs is just getting ready to go out and feed the deer. (Braver man than I.) I’m staying inside and staying home. Well, I might go outside to fill the bird feeder, but that’s it.

Not much up here. I went down in the woods Saturday to clear my head and get some exercise. Found a really interesting geode that I’ll probably post to the blog later this week. I also found a bobcat track – which was good because we have seen Mittens or Whiskers in months. I also managed to finally get some words out. Always good. =o)

The sun is shining here and I need sunglasses to look out the window! All that reflected white. 😆 Glad you found the tracks. This has been a tough winter on the wild critters. I am sooo ready to get back on schedule with writing! Well, revisions/editing. But same thing! The sooner I get COWGIRLS done the sooner I get to start new words for SWEETHEART! Yay!

Stay warm!

4. Pepto Pink I imagine once everything is in, it won’t be so pink-lol
    Yay LG is home!!!
    I nobled sat pm, as in hung out at Barnes Noble, sipped latte, wrote, read mags and people watched it was so great.
    Was 29 this am and breezy, but I will take it what the rest of you have to deal with.
    Have a good day!

That room is now a lovely grey/blue on three walls and ceiling, and a light slate blue on the accent wall. Walking into it is like picking up a pair of old, favorite jeans. Makes me want to repaint my office but there’s so much junk in here I don’t even want to think about clearing out to paint!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. 😀