Monday Funday

cute-puppy-pictures-hello-im-here-to-make-your-monday-suck-less Who had fun this weekend? Don’t be shy. Raise your hands.

I worked. A lot! I wrote almost 10K words on FAERIE FAITH. I have deadline brain. That means there’s not enough coffee in the world to turn my brain from mush to gray matter. At the time I’m composing this (Sunday evening), I have one scene to finish, one scene to tighten up, and then the big finale–meaning I need to figure out how to end the darn thing. I don’t know if it will be finished by the time y’all read this. I’ll be keyboard to the wall until it is done because I need to get onto COWGIRL’S SWEETHEART. As for FAITH, all I can say is, Abhean broke my heart.

Reading. I did manage some as a way to rest my brain. I’ve discovered Julie Ann Walker’s Black Knight, Inc. series. It’s about a bunch of spec ops government contractors posing as motorcycle designers/mechanics based in Chicago. She makes me laugh. I’ll have quotes for Wednesday Words.

TV. Nothing stands out. Well, Game of Thrones but I think I’m the only one here watching it. Dang. I can’t read George R.R. Martin (who wrote the books the series is based on). I tried. Just couldn’t do it. But the series? Holy cow!

Food. I ate some. 😆 We met the kids for Mexican. It was good but mainly I got to play with Sprout’s monkey toes during dinner. He was actually awake for part of the time. Dang but the kid is cute and I’m not just saying that because I’m a doting grandmother. Sh’up!

So what’s going on in your worlds? Good stuff? Bad stuff? Enhh stuff? We’ll cheer, commiserate, or just hang out.

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Monday Funday

1. Fun? I wouldn’t call it fun. Productive, perhaps. Got a lot of work done around the house and the yard. But not exactly fun, per se. Sounds like you were pretty productive yourself. Go you!

Writing: Still tossing around the idea of writing a new book to go between Djinn1 and Djinn 2. Of course, I realized last night that this whole ‘wrong direction’ thing could be my subconscious laziness trying to back out of getting any actual work done. Come hell or high water, though, I will be working as of May 1st. (Mayday! Mayday!) I think I shall call it HaBiWriMo (Happy Birthday Writing Month) and make myself write 44K to honor my 44th year.

Reading: Started Don Quixote… and after struggling through the preface, etc. set it aside and started Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler. Fun book so far.

DQ was a struggle! I manage it but I read lots of stuff inbetween each chapter in order to keep my sanity. 😆 “War and Peace” was worse! Not gonna tell you what to do with Djinn. Personally, I’d love a big long series but at the same time both 1 & 2 are compelling reads. I’ll be right there with you for HaBiWriMo. I’ll write to keep you company and celebrate your b-day. 🙂

Plus WTG on all the word you did! Glad the storms skipped y’all.

• Janet says:

Hey, B.E. – love the idea of you doing 44K for your 44th birthday!! I’ll be cheering you on. And interesting about Djinn! Like Silver, I thought 1 and 2 read very well back to back, but I don’t know what’s in your head for 3/4/5 – so am only throwing in my two cents. Let us know what you decide 🙂

Not sure if it counts as fun, but did a 5K on Saturday and was actually able to run about 1/3 of the race. I finished in 55:44, which is my best 5K time in years. Seems like my foot is really much better now. Should get the final release when I go to the doctor next week.

I didn’t get to read much this weekend, but did get some blog work done and a couple of reviews written. I also caught up on many shows on my dvr. Not totally caught up, but only about 3 episodes behind on a few now.

I’m doing a vegan diet now and the highlight of my weekend was finding vegan chocolate. Bonus it taste just like regular chocolate. 🙂

If you had fun, it was fun! 5K is not MY idea surely, but I saw a lot of happy people running in the Memorial Marathon here yesterday. Yeah, about the DVR. I was going to get all caught when my shows when on hiatus only…some new shows are starting and baseball! 😆 Ah well.

Whoah. Vegan chocolate? *raises skeptical eyebrow* If you say so. Me? I’m pretty much a protein girl. 😉

• Janet says:

Good job, Liza – glad to hear the run went well and you were able to run a portion of it!! Got my fingers crossed for good news at the doctor’s!!

I’m late – crazy, busy, sit-around, do-nothing, where-has-the-time-gone weekend!!! Oh, well! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend, Silver – and good news about Abhean breaking your heart (that means he’ll break the readers’ hearts, too)!

Seriously, could you bottle some of the writing drive and determination????

4. Jan says:

It’s been raining here for three weeks so I cuddled up with a pen and notebook. I’ve been making love with my villain, listening to his rants and letting him cry in his sleep.