Tuesday Titles – Series

ShareTheBookLoveReading. I do a lot of it. And I have a serious love affair with series–so long as they maintain their quality. It’s no secret that the In Death/Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb is my all-time favorite. NAKED IN DEATH, the first book in the series, is my chicken soup book. When absolutely no other book says READ ME! I can pick that one up and be so friggin happy I’m a clam. What does that phrase even mean? “Happy as a clam.” Anyway… I bought the series in used mass market paperbacks until I caught up with the hardback releases. Now I buy them in hardback, and in digital. Someday, I’ll have the whole series in paper AND digital. I love it if LaNora would get the first 20 books reissued in hardback. I’d buy ’em.

Why am I talking about this? Because I’m getting read to do a series reread because the next book is coming out May 20th, Darynda Jones’s SIXTH GRAVE ON EDGE. Yes, I have these books in hardback and now I’m catching up in digital when they go on sale. These books make me laugh, and Cruz?!? Oh yeah, he’s right up there on my list of favorite book boyfriends.

Other series that are my crack?

Jayne Ann Krentz (et al.) and her Arcane Society books. I started with the Jayne Castle Harmony series and followed all the branches through all her persona.

Allison Brennan and just about everything she rights. I’m really groovin’ on the Max Revere series (her new one) and I really need to get into the series she’s co-authoring with Laura Griffin, the Moreno and Hart mystery series. Need I mention Alli’s Lucy Kincaid (and the trilogies that are all about her family and friends leading up to Lucy’s series).

And ya know what? Holy crap but there’s a lot of series I could list. I just looked at my Kindle shelves. I could go on for days but…I have work to do. So what’s your go-to series? Your all-time-if-I-had-nothing-but-this-series-to-read-I’d-still-be-happy favorite?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Tuesday Titles – Series

Probably Suzanne Brockmann’s Troubleshooter series – love, love, love 🙂 I love that you re-read the books before the new one (not a re-reader – so when a new book in a series comes out, it takes me a little while to reacquaint myself with the players). We do that with movies – like when the new X-Men comes out on DVD, we’re watch everything before hand and THEN the new one!

I don’t reread every series, but the ones I love? Oh, yeah. Gotta reread them (within reason) when the new one comes out–especially if it’s been 6 months to a year. 😆 And now I need to look into the Troubleshooters. *BIG SIGH* “Thanks, Janet,” she says dryly.

2. Since my book budget got curtailed, I don’t auto-buy the series I used to. I’m still trying to buy the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire when I can. And any new book in the Monster Hunter series by Larry Correia gets snagged as soon as I can afford it. (I don’t have the rest of either of those series anymore, so I can’t re-read, but I totally would if I could.) If I had nothing but one series to read for the rest of my life? Gah. Whichever one it was, I’d read through them all a few times each and then never want to see them again. I need time between re-reads and this scenario wouldn’t allow for that – not with my reading addiction.

The library is my friend for some of the series. I just…wow. I need to stop writing and just read for like two years so I can catch up on all the good books people whose tastes are similar are reading. 😉

• Libraries are awesome… but but but… they don’t let you keep the books you really love! I was actually at the library today – buying books (they won’t let me have a card until I bring a utility bill with me… like I carry those around or something). I hear ya on the two years. I need that just to catch up with all the series I haven’t caught up with yet, and then I’ll get to the books my friends love. ;o)

Sing it, sistah! Yeah. And I just keep buying more books. *headdesk* Once you get your card, check to see if your library system has digital copies? Mine does so I can borrow books to read on my Kindle. 🙂

I love the In Death series so much! I re-read Naked in Death at least once a year. It is my chicken soup book too. I have all but the last 2 in print and about half in digital now. My goal is to buy 2 books a month until I have the entire backlist on my kindle.

I love the Charley Davidson series too. Darynda Jones is such an awesome author and is so nice too. I was lucky enough to talk to her at RAGT and RWA last year. She totally let me fan-girl gush all over her.

Wait, WAIT! All the In Death books are available in hardback? I didn’t think the first 20 were? Well…I say that. The 1st two have been released in HB. Maybe I should quit buying “impromptu” books until I get all the In Death on digital. Darynda is crazy-fun to be around. She talks like she writes. 😆 I don’t know why I enter the paranormal category of the Daphnes. I know she’s gonna win. 😛

4. Karyn Good says:

Just finished reading Bella Andre’s Sullivan series. Started Vivian Arend Takhini Wolves series and I’m really enjoying it! Love the setting which is the Yukon. Um…Jill Shalvis’s Lucky Harbor novels! To name a few! Happy reading!