Tuesday Treats: Win Books and Fun Stuff!

RWA14 swag Look what I have….(and you can click on the pic to make it bigger…)

Yes, this is a tote bag from RWA 2014 Nationals. With goodies inside. Like a travel cup from Tor. And a pen from Samhain, and some other goodies. Plus books. LOTS of books from:
Charles Martin
Lorraine Heath
Julie Ann Walker
B.J. Daniels
J. Kenner
Maisey Yates
Susanna Kearsley
Kathy Reichs
Stephanie Evanovich

What do you have to do to win? Hrmmm. Let’s see… OH! Since there’s so much hoopla over Outlander, leave a comment and tell me which book or series you’d most like to see on STARZ or HBO or Cinemax or at your local theatre… πŸ™‚ I’ll pick a random winner on Friday and mail the goodies to the lucky draw next week. Please US only because there are a LOT of books!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Tuesday Treats: Win Books and Fun Stuff!

1. I used to have a whole bunch of books I wanted to see made into movies, but now I’m afraid they’ll ruin them. I mean, there’s this bestselling author whose books have been and are being made into a series of movies, and he refuses to go see them because they differ so widely from what he wrote. (Although, I also think it’s bad form to gripe about it so publicly.) And the latest scuttlebutt is that they’re making the Shannara novels into a TV series – GoT style – or some such nonsense. That actually makes me want to cry.

Sooo, I’d like to say I’d love for all my friends’ books to get made into TV or movies so they can make bundles of money and write more books without having to worry how they’ll buy groceries next week, but I probably won’t enjoy the what the glam of Hollywood will do to the stories.

2. Ashlynn says:

Hrm let’s see. I would like to see Jen Lyon’s Plus One books in a movie and one of my new fave Author Jay Crownover’s Marked Men series. πŸ™‚

Loving Outlander. Can’t wait until Sat. Oh and I’m reading the second book, Dragonfly in Amber.

3. melissa Mathes says:

well with the whole 50 shades coming out…. i know it won’t happen but the brie series by red phoenix. or the girl in the box series by Robert crane

Hrmmm. Two more series I’m not familiar with but will have to look up. Lots of people are really looking forward to FSOG. Me? Not so much. It’ll be interesting to see how it does at the box office!

4. Monica McCarty has her Highland Guard series. I would love to see these made into a movie.

5. Rebecca Hewett says:

Is it bad that all I really want is for them to do the whole Outlander series? That would keep them going for the next 8 years….

Not bad at all, Rebecca. I’m sure the producers are hoping for the same thing! And me, if the STARZ series stays as good as the first episode. That’s always a question…

6. Kelly M. says:

I’d love to see the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews get made into a series. The books have some unique world-building, which I think would be very interesting translated on screen!

7. BJ says:

Wholly Boogers….Now that’s a question that’s more like a loaded bullet!!!! I personally really want to see author S.L. Morgan’s Ancient Guardians series become a whole series on HBO/Stars/Cimamax or into a series of movies. I would flip to see how they do Pemdas. Who they use for the main characters Levi and Reece, and for my favorite HARRISON!!!!! Yes, it would totally be an adventure in itself to see if they could even capture 1/10 of the creativity from this amazing author’s work into a show.

Gah! How have I not heard of some of these series?!? I mean…it’s not like I’m not reading . Wait. That’s a double negative. Does that make it a positive? I can’t remember… Anyway! I must check out these Ancient Guardians of which you speak, BJ. πŸ˜€

8. Kimberly W. says:

I would love to see any book of Maya Rodale. Her books have wonderful settings. I would be awesome to see on tv.

9. Your Moonstruck would be great but casting and special effects (Sean) would blow a budget to hell*smirking*
    JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood- thou casting would be hard to do them justice.
    Laura Kaye- Hard Ink Series, Lynn Raye Harris- H.O.T Series, Heather-Killough Walden- Lost Angel Series
    Have a great day Silver =)

Awww, thanks Kimber. And I’m sure that pun about Sean and blowing a budget was intended. πŸ˜‰ I’m not a big BDB fan but there are a lot of y’all out there. It could be interesting. Laura’s Hard Ink could be a good basis for a series. And I must look into the Lost Angel series. Lynn Raye would be happy to see H.O.T. on the screen I’m sure! πŸ˜€

10. Kerry Howell says:

I think I would like to see Karina Halle’s Experiment in Terror made into a show on Premium TV. Also, JB Lynn’s Confessions of a Neurotic Hitwoman. They would both make for great television entertainment. I really liked the first episode of Outlander by the way. I hope it keeps up the momentum. The

I’ve heard the rumor that JB has some interest from Hollywood. I have my fingers crossed for her. I love Maggie and the rest. Karina’s series would probably fit well on the CW. *nods*

11. Rebecca Whaley says:

I would love to see Joanna wylde’s reaper series as a tv show on HBO. I love that series and it would go so well on that type of channel.

Yes! I’m a big Reapers fan, Rebecca. Can’t wait for the next one. With Sons of Anarchy probably coming to an end fairly soon, I think there’d definitely be room for the Reapers!

12. Tiffany Dover says:

I’d like to see the Charley Davidson books on t.v. πŸ˜€

OH, hellayeah, Tiffany! Question, though. Who would you cast as Charley and far more important, who could play Reyes? Because…REYES! That’s like trying to cast Roarke, ya know?

13. Missy Taylor says:

None because they’d just screw it up. They always do. However if I could have a guarantee they wouldn’t screw it up then I’d say the Anita Blake books, the early books. πŸ™‚

Missy, the Anita books would definitely have to be on premium cable because…whoa! But yeah, with the right casting, I’d watch…so long as they didn’t go past Obsidian Butterfly.

14. Rosemarie Hogan says:

OMG….so excited that Lisa Renee Jones’, INSIDE OUT Series is coming to STARZ….I love to see JR WARD”S Black Dagger Brotherhood on HBO to replace True Blood….I would also love to see the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon too. Would love to get free stuff. Bag is perfect to us for work

Lots of requests for BDB as a series, Rosemarie. Dark Hunters would be cool too, but wow–talk about a huge cast of characters! Hunters, Dreamhunters, Greek gods, at infinitum…! Still, it could be rollicking and New Orleans for the bonus! πŸ˜€

15. Laura Van Guilder says:

I have heard that several of B.J. Daniels books are being looked at to be made into a TV series. I hope they do a good job with it like the Hallmark Channel has done with Debbie Macomber’s books. Of Course Hallmark Channel is a classy place! BJ’s books could be there too!

Ooh! I hadn’t heard that about B.J., Laura. Awesome. Longmire was a surprise hit on A&E so I think there’s an audience for that sort of modern western/suspense story. I’d love to see her on Hallmark, or anyplace else!

16. Michelle Van Riper says:

Jo Beverley series of the Company of Rogues – only through book 9 so far! Or even the Highlander series by Karen Moning – those were great listening to at work! Would love to see something more than just contemporary or vampires – tried of them – too many out there. πŸ™‚

17. I’d love to see P.C.Cast, House of Night Series. Also all the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. These are 2 of My favorite series. Read both 2 times. But would hate to have the storylines change in a movie or series!!!

18. Laura says:

If I had to pick one it would be Gena Showalter’s Lords of the underworld, if I could pick more then it would be Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series and Belinda Borings Mystic Wolf Series… I could think of a lot more πŸ˜‰

• Rosemarie Hogan says:

omg forgot about those books…so good all of them

I haven’t read Nalini’s Guild series. I just finished her Psy-Changling and I think SyFy needs to grab it for a series! Gena did an amazing job with the worldbuilding in Lords so yeah…I could see a series. πŸ˜€

19. kim k says:

I have always thought that JR Ward and her delicious Black Dagger Brotherhood would make an awesome series for t.v. Someone should really make it happen. Especially now that True Blood is done this year.

20. Linda Turner says:

I think Linda Label Miller’s series about the Creed boys would be a good show.

Yes, Linda! Linda Lael Miller does “modern west/cowboys” in a most excellent manner. This is another series that has Hallmark Channel written all over it! πŸ˜€

21. Cindy Hamilton says:

I would love to see Melody Anne’s books that feature the Anderson Family as a series.

22. mtdecker says:

I actually just started re-reading the Dragon Riders of Pern, and there is rumor of Warner Brothers is looking at that as their next big Fantasy series of movies– but another series I just re-read that I think might be fun would be the Darwath Trilogy (5 book trilogy) by Barbara Hambly – (although I wouldn’t mind Tea with the Black Dragon or the Winterlands… ))