Monday Mischief

funnydogs MY coffeeYeah, I’m a little snarly this morning. I don’t have a lot to say. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed as I realize I have an October 1st deadline for revisions on THE COWGIRL’S LITTLE SECRET. I’m almost to the muppet flail stage but I have a weekend before it’s due so I can hide in my writing cave for 48 hours if necessary.

Writing stuffs: I should have been working this past weekend but it was the OKRWA retreat. Ended up with only 4 of us spending the two nights at the guest house we leased, with two more coming in for the day on Saturday. It worked out great because we each got our own bedroom. We shared food, laughter, made some new in-jokes, and hopefully, the others got a kick-start of some WIPs that had stalled for them. I did a workshop on ways to jump-start a writer’s creativity to get through writer’s block. It was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I tried to work on Saturday afternoon while the others did a workshop on the “Save the Cat” writing process. I worked through some minor threads but the major stuff eluded me. I did get some great ideas for WIPs that may never see the light of day due to sheer lack of time. Ah well.

TV stuffs: GOTHAM premieres tomorrow night, SLEEPY HOLLOW starts the new season, and FOREVER premiers. GOTHAM is about the beginnings of Batman and Commissioner Gordon when they were Bruce Wayne the scared kid and Detective Gordon. All the baddies are introduced in their kid/teen personas. FOREVER stares Ioan Gruffudd. It’s worth it just see him- πŸ˜† -but the premise is interesting. He’s immortal and every time he dies–which seems to be a lot, he comes right back to the same place. He’s a pathologist with the NYC ME’s office. Then we have NCIS and NCIS New Orleans on Tuesday. Woot-woot! There’s some other shows I’m interested in that I can’t remember at the moment.

Reading stuffs: I’ve read stuff but nothing that sticks with me enough to say “GO READ THIS!” I’ll see if I can’t fix that by next week.

Other stuffs: This week’s schedule may be a little different. I want to do a blog about Saturday’s episode of OUTLANDER. And no, it probably isn’t what you think though there was Jamie butt. NAKED Jame butt! For realz!!!! Yeah. I was swooning. πŸ˜‰

So how was your weekend?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Monday Mischief

1. Damn Silver, your working on some much!
    I was semiproductive on projects this wkend.
    Aggies won again, kudos to the cadet who kept REVIELLE safe!!
    I might have been born in Austin, but bleed Aggie maroon Gig Em!!
    Came up with a few sentences for a write I’m working on-” walk away, don’t try to save me, I’m nothing but pieces” hence title of work “PIECES”
    I bought Danger and Desire, 10 author, 10 romantic suspense-
    Katie Reus- was the first story, never read her. 10 authors for 99 cents?
    Have a great day =)

I have a boxed set of Katie Reus’ books. I need to check them out. I saw that save of Reveille! And the commander of the corps of cadets is buying that cadet’s senior boots. Those puppies cost like $1600 so no little thing! We bleed Oklahoma State orange and black here, with a side of OU crimson and cream but I have a soft spot for the A&M cadet corps. πŸ˜‰

2. Damn woman, you are one busy lady. Feel free to be snarly. Some days I’m snarly for no reason at all. Yay for having a good retreat, but boo for not being able to get into the groove. I’ve seen commercials for Gotham and Forever. They both look interesting, but I probably won’t watch them unless they come out with reruns during the day.

Saturday I finished proofreading and Sunday I spent the day fixing 8 pages worth of found flaws in my manuscript. Then I actually read someone else’s stuff – Tears of the Rose by Jeffe Kennedy. It was amazing. Oh and I spent some down time trying to identify a couple tree/bushes species we have. I think I nailed one down as a Carolina Buckthorn, and the other might be a spicebush. I’ll know more if the berries turn from red to black.

Got your email. It’s on the list. I’ll need a break, πŸ˜† Jeffe Kennedy writes some amazing stories. I’m giving the new shows a chance but figure some will fall by the wayside fairly quickly. Oh, and I have to start watching Justified now. Sam Elliott is joining the cast. *swoon* πŸ˜‰

I’ve never heard of a spicebush. Is it good for anything? I mean like for cooking or bird food or something?

3. Ashlynn says:

You can be snarly…I’ll be snarly with you. Health is Kicking my butt and its just made me mehh!

Glad you had a good time at the retreat. I sure loved them when I used to go. It always jumpstarted me. I’m looking forward to ONCE UPON A TIME, starts this sunday I think. Need to put it on DVR. Haven’t got to watch OUTLANDER wedding yet. I will today though. πŸ™‚ That might be the only thing to make me smile today.

Good luck with meeting your deadline. I turn FUEL into editor this Friday. Kinda excited/scared about that. ha!

Yeah.,..was up at 4:30. Gave up going back to sleep at five. Went to the kitchen to make coffee. Took that first swig. And GAGGED! We have a Bunn that keeps the water hot all the time, which means I get a full pot of coffee in 2 minutes. Yeah…no. I was terrified the thing had died but discovered Lawyer Guy had turned it off when he cleaned the kitchen as a surprise for me while I was gone. I ended up having to pour what was in the pot BACK over the grinds to drip into a kettle that I then heated on the stove. Because I’m all cheap and didn’t want to waste a whole pot of coffee. I was NOT happy camper though I did manage to edit pages before Sprout arrived and then after he went back to sleep before waking from his morning nap for a total of about 30. Progress. Yeah for FUEL going to the editor!

I had an awesome weekend! Alannah Lynne took some members of her street team to the beach for the weekend. We only ended up having 5 of us who could come and stay the whole weekend and we had a blast. North Myrtle Beach is so pretty! Now playing catch up at work and must clean like a crazy person all week, as my brother will be at my house next Monday. Also need to find time to watch all the new shows! My dvr is going to be recording pretty much non-stop this week.

Very cool trip! Someday, I’ll be a best-selling author with some bucks and I can treat my street team/friends to awesome stuff like that. πŸ˜€

And yeah. It’s a good thing I have a DVR in the office because with the Cards going to the play-offs, and the new shows and Cox only letting us DVR two shows at a time….*flail* I’m sort of hoping I don’t like some of the new shows so I can clear them off. πŸ˜†