New Year’s Eve Hump Day

happy new year 2015I have the feeling all of us are standing here scratching our heads and wondering what happened to 2014. I certainly am. When I look back at the year, it’s a blur with a lot of valleys and a few peaks. Life is like that, yeah it is.

My word for 2014–a tradition handed down by my good friend Janet, whose posts I miss–A LOT!!!–was actually a phrase: Creative Organization–Organized Creativity. Yeah, about that… The thought lasted until Real Lifeβ„’ intervened. With Lawyer Guy being in ICU for over a month, with Only and Baseball Boy’s house purchase and precipitous move while she was on bed rest and then Sprouts early arrival? Add in the Harlequin contract, the request for the final book in the Faerie Reign series, and babysitting after Baseball Boy got his teaching job, the year sort of devolved into chaos. Good thing I’m used to that, right? πŸ˜†

So, this year? No word. Tomorrow, I’ll give you a preview of my plans. Yes, tomorrow is New Year’s Day, but I figure most of you will be around. I will be.

I’d hoped to work on my newsletter yesterday but once again, chaos. Which is fine. I’m rather getting used to plans changing in the blink of an eye and I might even miss the ride if my life was smooth sailing. πŸ˜‰ It’ll be out today. Or tomorrow. I’m sort of coasting along at the moment. January 2nd? Yeah, it’ll be pedal to the metal then. I want to hit the ground running and deliver a Gibbs’ Slapβ„’ to 2015 before it gets any ideas.

In the meantime, lets talk about the blog. What’s working? What doesn’t? Do y’all like the format I’ve been following with the topics of my posts? “Wait,” you say, “there’s a format?” Well, sort of, meaning the Monday wrap ups, Tuesday Treats-Titles-Trivia, Wednesday Words (usually), Thursday Thoughts (yay for the Universe), and finally Friday Free-For-Alls where anything goes. Would you like me to change things up? I’m here to entertain you. I want to know what you enjoy reading about. Do you want more stuff about writing? Do you want a regular/weekly feature of guest blogs where I host other authors pimping their books? (Personally, I like pimping friends and like keeping slots reserved for them but I aim to please y’all…) It’s up for discussion so sing out!

And on a more fun note, anybody have plans for tonight? If I’m lucky, I’ll be awake to celebrate when the New Year hits New York. If not, I’ll be tossing ZZZZs to the Universe. We’re not big party people in this house, though I might indulge in a glass of wine at dinner. Wait. Does wine go with chili? πŸ˜†

Have a safe and wonderful New Year’s Eve, everyone. Thank you for hanging around. I miss y’all when you’re gone. As Hannah would say, “Here’s to a kick-ass 2015!”

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to New Year’s Eve Hump Day

First off – WINE GOES WITH EVERYTHING!!!

Second – you said ‘creative organization’ and, after the year you’ve had and the stuff you’ve accomplished in said year, I would say you WERE organized. You took care of things when Lawyer Guy was ill, you helped paint the kids’ house, you babysat Sprout when there was no one to do that, AND you wrote throughout it all. Not to mention, getting a prime Harlequin contract. No, I’d have to say you nailed your New Year’s Word, Silver.

Third – I am here, reading along every day. Love the format (especially The Universe posts), just not commenting often. And thanks for the shout out – and missing me πŸ™‚

Can’t wait to see what 2015 brings for you – and what the ‘plan’ is! I have my word all picked out. Last year, 2014, was BE and I think I did an awesome job at letting things go and enjoying the moment (took me almost all year, but then that’s what a ‘resolution’ is for, right?). 2015 will be STRONG! That’s my word – here’s to kicking ass in 2015, my friend!!!!

JAAAAANNNNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! *Muppet flail*

Hi. How ya doin’? πŸ˜€ I got your Christmas card. I haven’t opened it yet. I haven’t opened anyone’s. Don’t ask. I’m sending out New Year’s cards. Soon. No. Really.

Stop laughing! πŸ˜‰

I like your word. I just plan on writing this coming year. Done and dirty, or whatever it takes. I have so many stories in my head all clamoring to get out and I keep hearing a clock ticking in the background. Words! More words! Written. Published. Read. *nods* Damn straight we’re gonna kick 2015 ass!

2. I miss Janet, too. :waves: Hi, Janet! I know you’re still around, but not every day.

I’m with her. I think you nailed your phrase for the year. Yeah, I’ll be around tomorrow, so I can’t wait to see what you’re planning. Here’s to us slapping 2015 in the back of the head ala Gibbs. As for the blog, you’re entertaining me fine. But how about a little dancing? Do you do Ginger Rogers and Fred Estaire? How about Fred Rogers? ;o)

No plans for me tonight unless you count collapsing. Pretty pretty princess Kira had to do an overnight at the vet so she can :drumroll: have a tooth pulled. (Yes, both cats with mouth problems at the same time.) Hers was only one upper back tooth that broke, but it was enough. I’ll be picking her up late this afternoon. I feel like I picked a bad year to quit drinking with all the cat problems. Ugh.

Have a safe and wonderful New Year, too! And yes, here’s to a kick-ass 2015!

Thanks. I’m glad y’all think I lived up to the phrase. As I look at my desk and office and WIPs, I don’t feel that way. πŸ˜†

I can begin the beguine, I can charlie foxtrot. I can twist and shout. I may not have Ginger’s legs, but I’m all about the spice and will entertain both Fred and Gene if they decide to drop by. I might even have a pair of tap shoes stuck back in my closet somewhere. πŸ˜‰

Kira will feel much better without that broken tooth and now you’ve nipped infection in the bud. We love our fur babies but look at it this way…All that money you would have spend on alcohol? It’s going to the vet’s now. *ducks and runs*

Happy New Year!

3. Ashlynn says:

You had a format? πŸ˜› haha I say, go with what you like. Write what you want to write. I’ll read it. πŸ˜€

And I agree with B.E and Janet, you nailed it just fine. Might not have always been pretty, but you did it. Life…ah such is life. A big pain the ass, isn’t it? At the same time, what a ride!

You know how my 2014 went…totally awful then BAM, I’m BACK. *jumps around all giddy* (uh, yeah I really did that yesterday when I held my book)

2015…I’m kicking ass and taking names. hehe Not gonna let anything slow me down. Not even the Monster, which can taking a flying leap into Neverland. And I know you will do the same.

Cheers to a New Year! (which I will prob zzz through cause I’m such a party animal)

Smart ass. πŸ˜‰

I’m right up there with you on the party animal chart. I plan to take a good book to bed, and maybe a glass of wine because, as Janet reminded me, wine goes with everything!

We’re all gonna do some ass kicking and name taking this coming year. I’m going to make a suggestion tomorrow that could prove to be enlightening. πŸ˜†

First of all I have to LOL at “Gibbs’ Slap” ’cause I use that term ALL THE TIME! If that action had a name, before NCIS, it has been erased forevermore!

I’m with Ash – write about what YOU want to write about and in whatever order pleases you. You may be here to entertain but we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t want to hear what YOU have to say πŸ˜‰

We are going out to dinner with friends tonight then hanging out at home … Not very exciting but it’s more than we did last year.

I look forward to reading your plans – seeing what everyone else has in store is inspiring me. My only goal for 2015 is to finish Turning Point. I think I’ve procrastinated enough and this past NaNo has shown me that I can knuckle down and MAKE myself write. It has also shown me that the end is in sight and it IS attainable.

Best Wishes to you and your family Silver. I hope this one is a lot smoother!

πŸ˜† Even people who DON’T watch NCIS know what a Gibb’s Slap is, and they know the Rules. I need to find that again… Sorry. Squirrel.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes…Plans. For tomorrow. Working on it! Enjoy your evening out. Have a safe New Year’s Eve and a wonderful start to the New Year!