Plain Jane Monday

Coffee MondayEh. I don’t have much to say today but here’s my weekend rundown. Saturday was OKRWA. The program was on synesthesia. Don’t ask me to explain the syndrome but basically, when writing, authors want to incorporate it. It has to do with the five senses and them “bleeding” over. Here’s the paragraph I wrote for the “hands on” part of the program:

A frisson of awareness teased my bare skin. My whiskey-soaked brain attempted to process that whispered feeling, to make sense of what was happening. My nostrils flared at the scent tiptoeing in on the breeze. Honeysuckle and gunpowder–sweet and deadly. Sam. She was back.

Yes, it will be incorporated into NIGHT SHIFT. Sam and Easy are giving me fits right now. I’m into Chapter 8 and they haven’t even kissed yet. Yeah, yeah. This is an MC book and there’s supposed to be lots of the down and dirty, but this is the way they’re telling their story so…

The Sprout turned one yesterday. My how time flies, right? The house was packed with kids and friends, family, and presents. They ended up with a new “puppy” on Friday. He’s a fuzzy German Shepherd named Dozer. At 17 months old, I hope he’s already grown into his paws. They. Are. Massive! His family is active duty military who got reassigned overseas and couldn’t take him. The mom’s mom works with Only and put a notice up because she couldn’t take him. She lives with her sister who hates dogs–especially big ones. Sprout and Dozer get along great and he was very gentle with the mass of screaming kids in the back yard yesterday afternoon. And yes, I did buy Sprout his first baseball tee, bat, and balls–Little Tykes version. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hey, his momma played Gold level softball and his daddy played college baseball so y’all hush! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Reading…Still doing the Jayne Castle reread of the Harmony/Dreamlight/Rainshadow books. A couple of new books hit my Kindle, including A CURSE UNBROKEN, the latest in Cecy Robson’s Weird Girls series. I made the mistake of reading a review and I’m worried that the author has gone back to unrelieved bad shit happening to the main character and her mate. I almost quit reading the series a book or two ago for that reason. I’ll definitely have to be in the right mood.

Writing…I’m close to 20K on NIGHT SHIFT. The plot is gelling and moving along. Now, as I mentioned above, if I could just get Sam and Easy to get in gear. Jeez. You’d think two horny people would pounce. Sam has sister issues and Easy is trying to be honorable–he needs to tell her that he’s a Wolf before he claims her. I promise there will be lots of that coming soon. I have…four sexy scenes semi-written. And there will be more once they figure out the logistics. As the UPS commercial says, I LOVE LOGISTICS! *bwahahahaha*

THAT OL’ BLACK MAGIC and MOONSTRUCK: SECRETS should be available in paperback this coming week. I’ll post here and on FB once I know they’re live. I’ve ordered copies because I’m doing a book signing at the Anadarko Library on April 4th. If I don’t sell all the copies, there will be a contest. ๐Ÿ™‚ Speaking of, who wants a signed copy of THE COWGIRL’S LITTLE SECRET? It comes out in digital on April 1st and should be available the following Tuesday in paperback in most bookstores. But I have copies. So I’m going to give one away to my faithful readers here. Leave a comment! I’ll pick one of you randomly because that’s how I roll. And wow. I had more to say than I thought. ๐Ÿ˜†

In the meantime, what did y’all do this weekend? And who has big plans for this week? Me? I’m headed for another cup of coffee!

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Plain Jane Monday

1. Hard to believe Sprout’s already a year old. Holy cow. And yay for getting a puptart! Kids and dogs just go together. Hey, my dad got my oldest nephew a football the day he was born, so baseball stuff on a first birthday is totally cool.

Don’t worry. Sam and Easy are just taking their time – which is fine by me. =o)

I planted stuff this weekend. I’ll post pics tomorrow. And Hubs finished sanding (except for like finishing the corners and edges). I changed the name of Wrongful Termination to Accidental Death and redid the cover. And I re-re-re-wrote the beginning of Fertile Ground – which I’ll talk about as soon as I get enough coffee in me to write a blog post. No big plans for this week, other than recovering from planting and getting some words cranked out on FG.

You were busy! And I like the changes you’re making in the books. ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay, for Hubs! Your place is going to be even more awesome when y’all get finished. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Ashlynn says:

WOW 1 year old! I can’t believe it. Time does fly. And boys and pups do go together so thats a good fit.

Sam and Easy are doing they’re thing and telling you what they need. Follow their lead. Otherwise it leads to a lot of head-butting. Been there, done that. Characters always win anyway.

I’m feeling better. Vertigo is almost gone… thank God. Of course, when I got sick docs all thought it another stroke, ended up in ER, yada yada…. Only my chiropractic neurologist was able to help me. My CN is magic I swear. Other docs do absolutely nothing. Basically my vertigo boiled down to bad luck so my CN said… o.O of course it was. lol < my reaction to him saying that. lol

Oh and psst… its funny you should mention MC cause one shows up in Wreck and ties are revealed. *shhh* Don't tell anyone. ๐Ÿ˜›

And heck yeah I want an autographed copy!

*shhhh* My lips are sealed. Glad you are feeling better. LG and I know all about lousy doctors and no diagnosis. He has a new team of neuros and they’re basically going back to square one and running all the tests again. *sigh* Hang in there, hon!

3. New Puppy For Sprout–hope we get a picture?
    I bet he is cute in his baseball gear!
    Off today have pulmonary dr.appt–bit nervous–new dr.–different body part.
    Been putting pen to paper*BIG SMILE*
    Signed copy who wouldn’t want one*throws name in the hat*
    Picked up Delores Fosse Reining Injustice( Sweetwater Ranch Series)
    at Walmart its also a Harlequin Intrigue*winks* and damn have I noticed lots of HQN on my bookshelves and tablet!!!
    But any way as it usually happens it is book 6 in the series *hand to forehead* so had to Kindle the other 5- which 5 is what I just started–i’m known to work my way backwards-lol
    It has law enforcement, who wear stetsons, jeans, boots and know how to handle a weapon and believe me their weapon is out and bullets are flying.
    San Antonio gets visited and mentioned alot.
    Silver it reminds me a lot of the Cowgirls Series-cowboys, family ties divided, and it has lots of kiddos (as in toddlers that pull at your heart strings) its has lots of suspense–I’ve wrong a few times on who done it-lol
    Well have a great Monday!!!

Crossing fingers your appointment goes fine, Kimber! And yeah. I’ve been known to grab a book, realize there’s a bunch in front of it in the series and backtrack. ๐Ÿ˜† Besides, what’s not to love about cowboy cops! ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy 1st birthday to Sprout! I think a puppy and baseball gear is the perfect 1st birthday gift.

I read this weekend and have to say you all want The Cowgirl’s Little Secret as I finished it on Saturday and it is another winner! Loved Jolie and Cord so much!!! Also, Cord’s daddy is the best character you love to hate ever!

SEE!?!?! I told you that Cyrus out J.R.’s J.R. Ewing. ๐Ÿ˜€ If the rest of the series gets picked, I guarantee that Cyrus will get his, but he’ll also get the last word in… *bwahaha* ๐Ÿ˜‰