Mondays Can Be Murder

Friday face - notNo. I didn’t kill anyone this weekend, nor do I have plans to do so today. Well…except on paper. Or on my monitor, to be technically correct. More about that in a moment…shiftyeyes

We had a great trip down to Anadarko. Only, Lawyer Guy, and Sprout went off to play while I chatted with nice folks at the library. I did sell a couple of books and I hope others will check my books out of the library. To see worn covers on my books on the shelves makes me have a happy. There were a few people who read digitally so perhaps some sales there. Only took some great pictures. There’s news there but not mine to share at the moment. LG drove the long way home and we stopped at a great little restaurant in Hinton. There was catfish. And bread pudding. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Saturday night, the James Gang gathered to celebrate Baseball Boy’s birthday. Nomad’s Restaurant is our default gathering spot. Pizza, Italian food, and awesome hot spinach artichoke dip with homemade pita chips dusted with Parmesan cheese. YUM!

Sunday, I slept in, stayed lazy, updated some of the info here on the site, and did lots and lots of plotting. That’s where the murder comes in. Easy isn’t feeling very easy at the moment. Mac and Sean are demanding a cameo appearance. There will be a great deal of bloodshed before all is said and done. Murder. Mayhem. Motorcycles. What’s not to love, right?!?! โค

Should I admit that I missed the premier of Season 2 of Outlander? *ducks and runs* It’s on my DVR. I was in the middle of finishing up ARCHANGEL’S SHADOWS, the most current release in Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter/Archangel series. Yes, I’ve already pre-ordered the next book. I kept falling asleep and while I can pick up a book right where I left off, not so easy to do that with a TV show/movie. In my defense, I was up at 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning and had a full, busy day. Then, when I was awake yesterday, and anticipating opening day of baseball–and my St. Louis Cardinals taking on the Chicago Cubs, I was in a sports frame of mind. Not to mention I was still basking in the afterglow of the Guild Hunters and my brain was working on Nightriders, I gave up and reread BURN FOR ME, the first book in Ilona Andrews new series, second book coming soon, also pre-ordered. I know. I’m just one sick puppy but I want to be in the right head space when I sit down to enjoy OUTLANDER. I WILL watch the opener well before next Saturday.

Anyway, it’s still Monday. All day. How’s your Monday shaping up? Did you do anything fun over the weekend? Read or watch anything good?

This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Mondays Can Be Murder

1. Ashlynn says:

Outlander! Watch it! The only thing I’ll say about it is….Jamie’s ass. I’ll leave the rest for you two watch. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (might inspire you to watch sooner haha)

So glad you had a good turnout at the library. Very cool. I thought about seeing if I could put mine in the local library. But haven’t got that far yet.

Easy…. you won me with his pic and name. I want more. So hurry up and write it! ๐Ÿ˜›

Me? I’m going to finish final edit on Wreck and send to formatter. Yay!!

Yay on getting WRECK finished! Woot-Woot! NIGHT SHIFT got derailed for a little bit but I finally figured out where I’d gone off the tracks and now the Nightriders and I are back in sync. If I can get the dang insomnia under control, I should make great strides this week. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jamie butt is always a good thing. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Yay for not killing anyone! Awesome about the library event. And Happy Birthday to Baseball Boy! You don’t have to worry about me gasping that you didn’t watch Outlander. I haven’t watched any of that. :ducks:

It’s Monday all over the place. Like after a sewage truck explodes. I spent the weekend gardening or reading or watching TV with spurts of working. Big spurt last night, so today my eyes feel like salted raisins. My Easter ham turned out good – which was the highlight of the holiday. Oh, and I caught a little bit of The Ten Commandments and ogled Yul Brenner. Always a favorite. Then Hubs brought up Westworld and the moment was over.

LOVED Yul Brynner in everything he did. *deep feminine sigh* Magnificent Seven and The King and I and all the rest! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yeah, except Westworld. LOL And yes Monday is spawning minions. Not a good thing. ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Glad the signing went well, got me curious on Only picture taking adventure.
    Happy Belated B-Day to the Baseball Boy!I
    Weekend was lazy, got my haircut is now all silver with a few strands of black-
    not coloring any more!
    Finished Caged in Winter by Brighton Walsh ( its called new adult )
    Did some of my own writing, my characters seem to like oh don’t forget that bit of info, so multi color pens grace margins and in between lines-lol- but hey I’m writing!!!!!
    The wolves like to stay ACTIVE, and Sean needs to blow up something now and then–please!!!!!!! =)
    Have a great day
    PS did you get some choc bunny ears Silver????

No on the bunny ears. The kids didn’t share. ๐Ÿ˜› Best thing I did was go natural with my hair! ๐Ÿ˜† Yeah, I think Sean will get to blow up something just because… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad you’re writing again! Colored pens and my white board are my best friends some days!

I don’t have Starz, so have to wait to see Outlander until it comes out on one of the streaming stations.

Saturday I went to the JR Ward Q&A for the release of The Shadows. Nothing like spending hours with other readers talking about favorite books. They opened the doors at noon, but we were in the hotel hallway by 7 am. ๐Ÿ™‚

Did Easter lunch with friends yesterday and then scheduled most of my blog post for the week. Need to finish writing up a review to go live tomorrow and I’ll have everything posted until Friday.

Dang, woman! You are organized. Wish I could do that. I never know whether I’m going or coming most days. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I say your post on JR’s gathering. I need to give her books another try one of these days. Here’s hoping they stream Outlander sooner!